Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286938 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4680 on: May 30, 2007, 12:15:02 PM »
Kobe told SAS on his Radio Show he wants to be traded...he's out....you'll be miss kobe  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Lakers 4 life

He's not getting traded ala Magic Johnson.

You're a naive insecure piece of crap.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4681 on: May 30, 2007, 12:54:45 PM »
Kobe told SAS on his Radio Show he wants to be traded...he's out....you'll be miss kobe  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Lakers 4 life

He's not getting traded ala Magic Johnson.

You're a naive insecure piece of crap.

You're a fucking retard if you think the Lakers would trade Kobe

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4682 on: May 31, 2007, 02:43:52 AM »
what exactly did magic johnson do? can someone break down the story or sumthin for me ,thanks

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4683 on: May 31, 2007, 10:48:57 AM »
what exactly did magic johnson do? can someone break down the story or sumthin for me ,thanks

He demanded a trade so that Paul Westhead would get fired...

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4684 on: May 31, 2007, 10:16:57 PM »
Dirk for Kobe?

It doesn't matter whether Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban or general manager Donnie Nelson makes the phone call, but one of them needs to contact Los Angeles Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak today and find out what it takes to get Kobe Bryant.

If the answer is Dirk Nowitzki, then so be it.

This is not a knee-jerk reaction to Nowitzki's performance in the Mavericks' shocking first-round playoff loss. This is about positioning the Mavericks to win a championship by acquiring a player who embraces pressure and plays best in big games.

Source: Dallas Morning News

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4685 on: June 01, 2007, 10:51:55 AM »
All Kobe is doing is demanding a trade so that the Lakers add players to help him. He wants J.O'Neal or KG, and he wants them this year, not next. I expect the Lakers to have a very busy summer, and not trade Kobe and hopefully Odom well doing it.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4686 on: June 01, 2007, 01:37:43 PM »
The only fear I have is that the Lakers are going to feel too pressured into making a trade and end up making a bad one.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4687 on: June 01, 2007, 01:49:57 PM »
The only fear I have is that the Lakers are going to feel too pressured into making a trade and end up making a bad one.

It doesn't help that the other teams/GMs know  of that pressure. Noone is going to be like "yea, I'm willing to give you my best player for trash and picks"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 01:55:53 PM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4688 on: June 01, 2007, 02:21:03 PM »

It doesn't help that the other teams/GMs know  of that pressure. Noone is going to be like "yea, I'm willing to give you my best player for trash and picks"

Yes it does. GM's know that the Lakers are looking to make a trade and the fact that Kobe is demanding some changes means the Lakers might trade some players they woulda considered untouchable (Odom, Bynum) due to pressure. Teams are probably lined up at the door with offers by this point...Hopefully, the FO doesn't do anything stupid.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4689 on: June 01, 2007, 02:25:52 PM »
I was thinking of buying some Laker jerseys. Glad I waited.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4690 on: June 01, 2007, 02:34:38 PM »
I don't want to give up Bynum for O'Neal. For Gasol or KG yeah. But not for J.O. after seeing how injury prone he's become.

I was thinking of buying some Laker jerseys. Glad I waited.

Tsk tsk...you're not a real fan!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4691 on: June 01, 2007, 08:53:34 PM »

That scares me too. Kobe is killing any leverage the Lakers may have had to make trades. Now teams know we are desperate.

The scariest thing about this whole thing is Jim Buss. Is it just me or does this guy remind you of Dubya? Some of the comments he has made to the media are baffling. The thought of this clown making personal decisions is alarming and frightening. I hope Jerry Buss wakes up, removes all power from Dubya 2, removes Kupchak and hires a basketball guy to make basketball decisions. I wonder how Magic would do as GM.

At first I was mad at Kobe when all of this started but now I'm thinking that all of this has happened due to the amount of incompetence in the front office.

I just hope we don't overpay to get someone due to the pressure.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4692 on: June 01, 2007, 11:07:12 PM »

That scares me too. Kobe is killing any leverage the Lakers may have had to make trades. Now teams know we are desperate.

The scariest thing about this whole thing is Jim Buss. Is it just me or does this guy remind you of Dubya? Some of the comments he has made to the media are baffling. The thought of this clown making personal decisions is alarming and frightening. I hope Jerry Buss wakes up, removes all power from Dubya 2, removes Kupchak and hires a basketball guy to make basketball decisions. I wonder how Magic would do as GM.

At first I was mad at Kobe when all of this started but now I'm thinking that all of this has happened due to the amount of incompetence in the front office.

I just hope we don't overpay to get someone due to the pressure.

They wouldn't. Expect there to be a trade, KG is not moving, though he should be moved by the T-Wolves. If some team out there is smart, with some young talent, and wanted to make a move, they would try to trade for Kobe and KG... lol... wouldn't happen, but would be funny if say the Bulls did that.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4693 on: June 02, 2007, 04:36:12 AM »
The thing is , without Kobe story, they weren't doing nothing at all...I prefer to take some risks instead of not changing the situation at all and barely make the playoffs ..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4694 on: June 02, 2007, 06:21:30 AM »
Maybe they work some deal for JO out, then Jim Buss gets in the mix and tells Kupchack to let it fall through because he doesn't want to trade his man-crush Bynum, then Kobe goes wild and puts a bullet or 2 into Jim's chest
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin