Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287560 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4695 on: June 02, 2007, 12:23:55 PM »
The only fear I have is that the Lakers are going to feel too pressured into making a trade and end up making a bad one.
The thing is , without Kobe story, they weren't doing nothing at all...I prefer to take some risks instead of not changing the situation at all and barely make the playoffs ..
I know. I just think Kobe took it a little too far. Now other teams now they must make a trade and won't offer better trades.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4696 on: June 02, 2007, 12:25:14 PM »
I don't want to give up Bynum for O'Neal. For Gasol or KG yeah. But not for J.O. after seeing how injury prone he's become.

I was thinking of buying some Laker jerseys. Glad I waited.

Tsk tsk...you're not a real fan!
I know. I should have got the jerseys instead of paying for my school tuition.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4697 on: June 02, 2007, 03:29:08 PM »
The Los Angeles Lakers have begun talks with the Denver Nuggets regarding center Marcus Camby, the NBA defensive player of the year, who has led the league in blocked shots the last two seasons.

Camby, 33, averaged 11.2 points, 11.7 rebounds and 3.3 blocks last season. He has a decent midrange jump shot and doesn't demand the ball often in the post, doing most of his scoring with outside shots and after offensive rebounds.

The Nuggets are reportedly trying to lower their payroll, which would make Lakers center Kwame Brown a possibility in trade talks, a league source said.

Brown has only one year left on his contract, for $9.1 million; Camby has three years and about $26 million left on his contract. The Lakers might have to add another low-salaried player or a draft pick to make such a deal more equitable for the Nuggets.

Damn keep your fingers crossed! I know Camby is injury prone as all hell, but Camby for Kwame? I'll take that chance.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4698 on: June 02, 2007, 06:33:08 PM »
The only fear I have is that the Lakers are going to feel too pressured into making a trade and end up making a bad one.
The thing is , without Kobe story, they weren't doing nothing at all...I prefer to take some risks instead of not changing the situation at all and barely make the playoffs ..
I know. I just think Kobe took it a little too far. Now other teams now they must make a trade and won't offer better trades.

Or it can be the opposite. Teams can be quick to pull the trigger on a trade, because they know there are teams lined up with offers.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4699 on: June 02, 2007, 08:59:30 PM »
The Los Angeles Lakers have begun talks with the Denver Nuggets regarding center Marcus Camby, the NBA defensive player of the year, who has led the league in blocked shots the last two seasons.

Camby, 33, averaged 11.2 points, 11.7 rebounds and 3.3 blocks last season. He has a decent midrange jump shot and doesn't demand the ball often in the post, doing most of his scoring with outside shots and after offensive rebounds.

The Nuggets are reportedly trying to lower their payroll, which would make Lakers center Kwame Brown a possibility in trade talks, a league source said.

Brown has only one year left on his contract, for $9.1 million; Camby has three years and about $26 million left on his contract. The Lakers might have to add another low-salaried player or a draft pick to make such a deal more equitable for the Nuggets.

Damn keep your fingers crossed! I know Camby is injury prone as all hell, but Camby for Kwame? I'll take that chance.

Imagine Odom, Bynum, Kwame for JO and Camby, then the 2 get injured around march for the remainder of the season...  :-[
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4700 on: June 03, 2007, 03:27:56 PM »
^or even worse, the trades followed by Odom making his first all-star team, Kwame having his breakthrough season, and Bynum proving his path to dominance. :-X

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4701 on: June 04, 2007, 12:14:39 PM »
^or even worse, the trades followed by Odom making his first all-star team, Kwame having his breakthrough season, and Bynum proving his path to dominance. :-X

Besides, Bynum becoming a dominant player, those things have no chances of happening.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4702 on: June 04, 2007, 12:24:43 PM »

Besides, Bynum becoming a dominant player, those things have no chances of happening.

LOL@Odom not having a chance to be an all-star. :-X

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4703 on: June 04, 2007, 01:23:41 PM »

He doesn't. You probably never heard of Lamar until he came to the Lakers, but I've been watching him since his 2nd season with the Clippers. He's always been known as an underachiever with all the talent and potential in the world. He's to inconsistent to make the All-Star team. If he couldn't do it in the Eastern Conference, he's damn sure not going to make it in the West when he's up against Duncan, Nowitzki, Garnett, Carmelo, Boozer, etc etc etc

And I hope you're not still waiting for Kwame to have a breakout season. Do yourself a favor and wake up from that dream.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4704 on: June 04, 2007, 02:37:57 PM »

He doesn't. You probably never heard of Lamar until he came to the Lakers, but I've been watching him since his 2nd season with the Clippers. He's always been known as an underachiever with all the talent and potential in the world. He's to inconsistent to make the All-Star team. If he couldn't do it in the Eastern Conference, he's damn sure not going to make it in the West when he's up against Duncan, Nowitzki, Garnett, Carmelo, Boozer, etc etc etc

And I hope you're not still waiting for Kwame to have a breakout season. Do yourself a favor and wake up from that dream.

LOL@"I probably never heard of Lamar". I'm not you, BabyG. Lamar was supposed to make that all-star team over Magloire in the east. And he's better than Josh Howard, who made the team this season, but Lamar was injured and didn't have a chance to make the team. Your lack of faith in Laker players is pathetic. :grumpy:

Kwame had a breakthrough the 2nd half of 05-06...If he can repeat this for a whole season, which I believe he can, that will be his breakthrough season. Maybe not 15-10, but 12-8 is very realistic and achievable..PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4705 on: June 04, 2007, 07:24:54 PM »

LOL@"I probably never heard of Lamar". I'm not you, BabyG. Lamar was supposed to make that all-star team over Magloire in the east. And he's better than Josh Howard, who made the team this season, but Lamar was injured and didn't have a chance to make the team. Your lack of faith in Laker players is pathetic. :grumpy:

Kwame had a breakthrough the 2nd half of 05-06...If he can repeat this for a whole season, which I believe he can, that will be his breakthrough season. Maybe not 15-10, but 12-8 is very realistic and achievable..PeACe

First of all, please explain to me how the fuck someone is SUPPOSED to make an All-Star team? Either you make it or you don't. Melo should've made it last year, that doesn't mean he was supposed to. My opinion on players is based on them individually, not based on what team they play for. When you can do that maybe people will take a few of your opinions seriously.

And yeah, Kwame player GREAT during the last few weeks of last years regular season. That doesn't qualify as a break out. A 6'11 270 lb center who's been in the NBA 5 seasons and still not averaging close to 10 rebounds isn't good no matter how you slice it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4706 on: June 05, 2007, 07:02:59 PM »

First of all, please explain to me how the fuck someone is SUPPOSED to make an All-Star team? Either you make it or you don't. Melo should've made it last year, that doesn't mean he was supposed to. My opinion on players is based on them individually, not based on what team they play for. When you can do that maybe people will take a few of your opinions seriously.

And yeah, Kwame player GREAT during the last few weeks of last years regular season. That doesn't qualify as a break out. A 6'11 270 lb center who's been in the NBA 5 seasons and still not averaging close to 10 rebounds isn't good no matter how you slice it.

Doesn't matter, Kwame's CAPABLE, and it's been proven. That's why it's a POSSIBILITY that he can have a break-out season, and not a FACT that he will. And that's why it's a POSSIBILITY that Odom can make the all-star squad, and not a fact as well. with maturity, you won't be arguing this sorta' shit...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4707 on: June 07, 2007, 08:55:52 AM »
Ray Allen Predicted Kobe Bryant's Trade Demand in 2004

June 4, 2007 5:50 PM

Frank Hughes of the News Tribune pointed this out last week:

"He's going to be very selfish," Allen said of Bryant. "And he feels like he needs to show this league and the people in this country that he is better without Shaq. He can win championships without Shaq. So offensively, he's going to jump out and say, 'I can average 30 points. I can still carry the load on this team.'

"I think the point production is not going to be so much what people are going to look at because (Tracy) McGrady did it in Orlando, Allen (Iverson) did it in Philly. Can you win a championship? I think that's the question. Carrying guys on your back and making everybody better."

Allen was right about that, as it turns out, but get a load of Allen's crystal ball on this one.

"If Kobe doesn't see he needs two and a half good players to be a legitimate playoff contender or win a championship, in about a year or two he'll be calling out to Jerry Buss that 'We need some help in here,' or 'Trade me,' " Allen said. "And we'll all be saying, 'I told you so,' when he says that."
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4708 on: June 07, 2007, 11:01:43 AM »
^Ray Allen never predicted that management would shit on Kobe. He just made a bunch of false assumptions. And Kobe doesn't want to be traded...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4709 on: June 07, 2007, 01:29:04 PM »
Lol at Ray "3 assists a game" Allen calling Kobe selfish.