Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287774 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4710 on: June 08, 2007, 12:54:09 PM »
Lakers guard Shammond Williams is close to signing with Pamesa Valencia of Spain
http://www.levante-emv.com/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=3556&pIdSeccion=11&pIdNoticia=307847

Too bad the link is in spanish. :-\

I say good riddance to him.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4711 on: June 08, 2007, 02:45:56 PM »
Lakers guard Shammond Williams is close to signing with Pamesa Valencia of Spain
http://www.levante-emv.com/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=3556&pIdSeccion=11&pIdNoticia=307847

Too bad the link is in spanish. :-\

I say good riddance to him.

He wasn't bad...Just RARELY used. But that's one more roster spot we gotta fill now. 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4712 on: June 08, 2007, 11:56:09 PM »
Rik, you language skills could be helpful.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4713 on: June 11, 2007, 07:51:35 AM »
I'm having second thoughts about the proposed Odom/Bynum for JO trade. JO makes 20 mil a year for the next 3 seasons. Combine that with Kobe's 20 mil a year and we have our hands tied for the next 3 seasons when it comes to signing free agents. Plus I doubt if JO is an all star in the western conference and we have to dump too much personel and a pick to get him.

I think instead we should keep Odom and try to get Camby and Artest. That will give us a solid defensive squad and we will have 3 scoring options, which would put us into contention. Also we won't be as screwed if someone gets hurt, since we won't have to dump a bunch of personel to get them.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4714 on: June 11, 2007, 10:18:03 AM »
I found Nemo!

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4715 on: June 11, 2007, 10:25:32 AM »
I'm having second thoughts about the proposed Odom/Bynum for JO trade. JO makes 20 mil a year for the next 3 seasons. Combine that with Kobe's 20 mil a year and we have our hands tied for the next 3 seasons when it comes to signing free agents. Plus I doubt if JO is an all star in the western conference and we have to dump too much personel and a pick to get him.

I think instead we should keep Odom and try to get Camby and Artest. That will give us a solid defensive squad and we will have 3 scoring options, which would put us into contention. Also we won't be as screwed if someone gets hurt, since we won't have to dump a bunch of personel to get them.

LMAO!!!!!!!! JO is a all star anywhere!!! He is easily a top player in this league, you are crazy man

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4716 on: June 11, 2007, 11:57:06 AM »

I agree....I'll be upset if we trade both Odom and Bynum for JO.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4717 on: June 11, 2007, 11:58:13 AM »
To think JO wouldnt be a all star in the Western Conference is absolutely ridicolous.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4718 on: June 11, 2007, 12:05:02 PM »
^Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Yao Ming, Dirk Nowitzki, Elton Brand, Carlos Boozer, Pau Gasol, Amare Stoudemire...JO will have to make it over a lot of those names in the west...It's not as ridiculous as you think, homie... Not saying he for sure wouldn't make a western conference all-star team, but it wouldn't be a complete shocker if he didn't...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4719 on: June 11, 2007, 03:27:01 PM »
^ yeah man the West is stacked especially at the Forward position. You can even add Carmelo Anthony and more than likely Kevin Durant to that list.

In other news, the Bulls are offering Gordon,Deng, Wallace and #9 for Kobe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4720 on: June 11, 2007, 04:14:42 PM »

What's left for Kobe to contend with then?  ;D But it's the east, so Finals are strictly possible
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4721 on: June 11, 2007, 05:34:56 PM »

What's left for Kobe to contend with then?  ;D But it's the east, so Finals are strictly possible

Hinrich, Nocioni, Sefolosha, Tyrus Thomas, PJ Brown, Adrian Griffin in the East > Kwame, Odom, Walton, Smush Parker, Farmar, B.Cook in the West.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4722 on: June 12, 2007, 04:16:55 AM »
Yay but they still wouldn't stand a chance in the Finals unless Duncan breaks his leg or something. But this is really the best trade the Lakers can hope for. It's to the east, which is better for Kobe and for the Lakers. There's some talent left on Kobe's new team, which is necessary because of his trade-clause. And you can't deny that the Lakers really do get something in return.

Wallace, Bynum, Deng, Odom, Walton, Gordon, a good point guard and you got yourself an even team with a lot of potential and upside. Especially if you can trade Kwame for a much better player because the owner of the other team is broke... you don't need his ass no more when you got Wallace, Bynum and Deng.

Not to forget the 9th pick. In this draft you can get a serviceable player with that one. Acie Law maybe? The MLE should be enough for Steve Blake... here we go:

Steve Blake... Acie Law, Jordan Farmar
Ben Gordon... Maurice Evans, Sasha Vujacic
Lamar Odom... Luke Walton, Radman
Luol Deng... Ronny Turiaf, Brian Cook
Ben Wallace... Andrew Bynum, Chris Mihm

It's a pretty small line-up, but apart from that quite a team

Or if you still do that JO trade, look at this:

Steve Blake... Acie Law, Jordan Farmar
Ben Gordon... Maurice Evans, Sasha Vujacic
Luol Deng... Luke Walton, Radman
Jermaine O'Neal... Ronny Turiaf, Brian Cook
Ben Wallace... Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm

Not bad at all
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 04:42:59 AM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #4723 on: June 12, 2007, 10:44:17 AM »
The FO is sleepin... I thought the draft pick gonna be included in some trades...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4724 on: June 12, 2007, 05:26:38 PM »
Johnny Buss, the oldest son of Lakers owner Jerry Buss, sent a bulletin to friends on his MySpace.com page that contained a peculiar reference to Kobe Bryant.

"If you've been following the Kobe drama, I want to let you know it's not really drama … sometimes we all need to make a change in our lives and that's all it is," Buss wrote. "Popular or unpopular, when it's time, it's time. Good luck Kobe wherever you go!"

A freelance photographer, Johnny Buss is not part of the Lakers' front office and holds no decision-making authority in the day-to-day operations of the franchise. The Lakers have no plans to trade Bryant, who two weeks ago said publicly he would like to be traded.

^ Jerry Buss needs to control his fuckin kids.