Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286833 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4740 on: June 14, 2007, 02:45:48 PM »
Don't really see any need for the draft. The Lakers have enough young players as it is. Trade 2 picks IMO and take a dude like Aufflalo or something in the 2nd.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4741 on: June 14, 2007, 04:14:21 PM »
Afflalo with the 40.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4742 on: June 14, 2007, 07:29:09 PM »
From the L.A. Times
Where's Jermaine O'Neal? Still a member of the Indiana Pacers.

The Lakers and Pacers have stalled on trade talks involving the six-time All-Star forward-center because the Lakers do not want to give up both Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom in a swap for O'Neal and power forward Troy Murphy, a source said. The Lakers would also include Kwame Brown in the trade.

Good job Mitch! No way in hell should we give up Odom and Bynum for O'neal. And although Murphy is a good rebounder, he doesn't make us much better.

Dear God,
I don't ask for much. Just please...PLEASE let Pau Gasol end up on the Lakers next season.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #4743 on: June 14, 2007, 10:20:24 PM »
From the L.A. Times

The Lakers and Pacers have stalled on trade talks involving the six-time All-Star forward-center because the Lakers do not want to give up both Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom in a swap for O'Neal and power forward Troy Murphy, a source said. The Lakers would also include Kwame Brown in the trade.

Good job Mitch! No way in hell should we give up Odom and Bynum for O'neal. And although Murphy is a good rebounder, he doesn't make us much better.

Dear God,
I don't ask for much. Just please...PLEASE let Pau Gasol end up on the Lakers next season.
All teams gonna want both Lamar and Bynum for an interior All star.. now it's obvious we have to focus on a MLE PG, a vet .. and Artest... 

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4744 on: June 14, 2007, 10:46:35 PM »
Sign Maurice Williams with the MLE, trade either Bynum or Odom for Gasol (but not both) and get creative if you want Atrest. Championship contenders (if only it were that simple  :().

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4745 on: June 14, 2007, 11:49:06 PM »
From the L.A. Times

Dear God,
All teams gonna want both Lamar and Bynum for an interior All star.. now it's obvious we have to focus on a MLE PG, a vet .. and Artest... 

I would trade Bynum and Odom to Memphis for Gasol and a draft pick. Sacramento is willing to trade Artest for expiring contracts and a draft pick.

C - Kwame Brown
PF - Pau Gasol / Ronny Turiaf
SF - Ron Artest / Luke Walton
SG - Kobe Bryant / Maurice Evans
PG - Mo Williams / Jordan Farmar

but like Ted said...if only it were that simple.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4746 on: June 14, 2007, 11:49:35 PM »
Full L.A. Times article

Lakers-Pacers talks stall

L.A. doesn't want to give up Odom and Bynum in a deal for Jermaine O'Neal

O'Neal, 28, is consistently among the league leaders in points, rebounds and blocked shots. He averaged 19.4 points, 9.6 rebounds and 2.6 blocked shots last season, the continuation of a career that has been on a solid track since he was traded from Portland to the Pacers in 2000.

Murphy, 27, has outside range and rebounds well, but is a subpar defender who would be included in a deal primarily as salary-cap ballast. The four years and $42.3 million he has left on his contract, coupled with the three years and $64.1 million left on O'Neal's contract, would practically guarantee that the Lakers would pay the luxury tax for years to come.

Numerous sources have said O'Neal wants to play in L.A., but the Lakers simply do not want to part with Odom and Bynum to make it work. Lakers officials declined to comment Thursday.

Odom, 27, averaged 15.9 points, 9.8 rebounds and 4.8 assists last season, one that started strongly for him before being interrupted by knee and shoulder injuries. He underwent surgery last month to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder, but is expected to return in time for training camp in October.

Of equal, if not greater, concern to the Lakers is the Pacers' desire for the 19-year-old Bynum.

He averaged 10.7 points, nine rebounds and 2.3 blocked shots in 15 games in January before slumping badly. Coach Phil Jackson criticized his work ethic, but the Lakers aren't necessarily ready to give up on the potential of the 10th pick in the 2005 draft.

Brown, 25, also underwent surgery last month, and will be out several months while recovering from a reconstructive operation on his left ankle. He has one year left on his contract at $9.1 million, which makes him appealing to teams hoping to trim payroll after next season.

Talks between the Pacers and Lakers could be jump-started again as the June 28 draft draws closer.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4747 on: June 15, 2007, 03:50:43 AM »
LoL@the Lakers thinking Odom is enough

Add JO to the list of Boozer, Davis, Artest, Kidd and what not.

I have a feeling Bynum will destroy the franchise in a way. LOL
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4748 on: June 15, 2007, 12:50:33 PM »
^LOL@Indiana thinking they're gunna get anything better.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4749 on: June 15, 2007, 02:12:21 PM »

:puke:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4750 on: June 15, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4751 on: June 15, 2007, 03:03:18 PM »
New Johnny Buss Interview

Lol.. I hate it when guys depict themselves as the victim and get defensive like this after taking shots... dude's a girl
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4752 on: June 15, 2007, 03:27:10 PM »
Memphis Grizzlies center Pau Gasol has warned team officials he will seek a move to a new team unless the front office adds quality players to the squad.

Gasol, who is back in his home country of Spain resting ahead of this summer's EuroBasket, said on his website, www.paugasol.com: "If they are desperate to keep me, then they have to make the necessary effort to get players around me that can compete at the maximum level.

"I want to be in a winning team that has ambition and fights for everything with stronger players."

C'mon Pau...come to L.A.!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4753 on: June 15, 2007, 03:43:30 PM »
Memphis Grizzlies center Pau Gasol has warned team officials he will seek a move to a new team unless the front office adds quality players to the squad.

Gasol, who is back in his home country of Spain resting ahead of this summer's EuroBasket, said on his website, www.paugasol.com: "If they are desperate to keep me, then they have to make the necessary effort to get players around me that can compete at the maximum level.

"I want to be in a winning team that has ambition and fights for everything with stronger players."

C'mon Pau...come to L.A.!

He probably won't.. because Jim Buss doesn't want to fly down all the way to Memphis so he can put his [explicit] into Bynum's [explicit].
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4754 on: June 15, 2007, 03:55:20 PM »
I wish Jerry West loved the Lakers enough to trade Gasol to LA before he stepped down and then joined the team as a consultant...How sweet/shady woulda' that been?