Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287742 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4755 on: June 15, 2007, 03:59:03 PM »
^Ive been thinking about that too, but it would probably result in an outrage... LA might love it and shit, but I doubt he could show his face outside of California if a trade went down that is obviously determinded by his ties to the Lakers.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4756 on: June 15, 2007, 04:01:41 PM »
Gasol for Kwame and the 19th pick. ;D

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #4757 on: June 15, 2007, 04:31:54 PM »
Gasol would be a better addition than JO IMO.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4758 on: June 15, 2007, 04:43:48 PM »
Gasol would be a better addition than JO IMO.

Ssshhh.. I think Spice 1 might enter this thread.
No, it's not a sin

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #4759 on: June 15, 2007, 04:46:48 PM »
imagine JO in the triangle.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4760 on: June 15, 2007, 04:50:30 PM »
imagine JO in the triangle.
I think he would do great!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4761 on: June 15, 2007, 06:29:22 PM »
Gasol would be much better in the triangle.

The Lakers and Pacers have stalled on trade talks involving Jermaine O'Neal because the Lakers do not want to give up both Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom in a swap for O'Neal and power forward Troy Murphy, a source said. The Lakers would also include Kwame Brown in the trade.

Numerous sources have said O'Neal wants to play in L.A., but the Lakers simply do not want to part with Odom and Bynum to make it work.

Lakers officials declined to comment Thursday.

Talks between the Pacers and Lakers could be jump-started again as the June 28 draft draws closer.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #4762 on: June 16, 2007, 01:23:41 AM »
Gasol would be a better fit in the triangle.. better passer and play more in the paint than JO ... Gasol is better than JO in every sector outside 1 on 1 defense and ... plus ONCE AGAIN Gasol got better numbers than JO despite the fact he plays in the stronger West ... this isn't complicated to understand

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4763 on: June 16, 2007, 03:40:56 AM »
^but gasol is white and kinda boring, not really a media person, so he's bound to be underrated
No, it's not a sin

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4764 on: June 16, 2007, 03:47:04 AM »
Gasol would be a better fit in the triangle.. better passer and play more in the paint than JO ... Gasol is better than JO in every sector outside 1 on 1 defense and ... plus ONCE AGAIN Gasol got better numbers than JO despite the fact he plays in the stronger West ... this isn't complicated to understand

LMFAO!!!! Watch more Pacer games lol,  JO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gasol

wcsoldier

« Reply #4765 on: June 16, 2007, 04:03:32 AM »
^^^^ I watch enough Pacers game to say I don't want a power forward facing the basket and shooting jump shots most of the time ....

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4766 on: June 16, 2007, 08:09:44 AM »
New news about the best nigga in basketball:

Jerry Buss met with his unhappy $88.6-million employee, Kobe Bryant, for a get-together Friday between owner and superstar in the somewhat surprising setting of Spain. They had spoken by phone two weeks ago, a few days after Bryant asked to be traded, but this was a longer, more emotional conversation. Buss wanted to appeal to the nine-time All-Star, reminding him that trades take time to develop and that winning remains the focus of the organization, but Bryant voiced concerns about the direction of the franchise and reiterated his demand to be traded, said a source with knowledge of the situation. Los Angeles Times

That's the message that came out of it," the source said. Team sources vehemently insisted there were no plans to trade Bryant, and they were still hopeful that a peaceful solution could be reached. Bryant and Buss are expected to resume their dialogue in the near future. Los Angeles Times

Talks with the Indiana Pacers for six-time All-Star forward-center Jermaine O'Neal have stalled because the Lakers do not want to give up both Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum to get O'Neal. Trade talks around the league are expected to heat up as the June 28 draft approaches and could continue into the free-agent period that begins July 1. Los Angeles Times

Disgruntled Lakers guard Kobe Bryant met with Lakers owner Jerry Buss on Friday in Barcelona, Spain, and reiterated his demand to be traded, two league sources said. Buss was shocked by Bryant's continued and defiant stance, the sources said, and left the meeting unsure if he would give in to Bryant's demands or if he would keep the All-Star, knowing it'll be "impossible" to get equal value in return. Riverside Press-Enterprise

One report had the Lakers hoping to acquire Bulls center Ben Wallace, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and Chicago's No. 1 draft pick (9) for Bryant. But the sources said every team, including the Bulls, knows the Lakers will try to "gut" a team in order to get as much value as possible for Bryant. Riverside Press-Enterprise

The best rumor I heard out here was that the Lakers had turned their attention to acuirin Shawn Marion in a sign-and-trade involving Luke Walton, another player and the Lakers' pick, which I'm told the Suns would use on Spain's Rudy Fernandez. ESPN.com
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4767 on: June 16, 2007, 08:13:24 AM »
Could it be that Bryant caught feelings when it became clear that the Lakers yet again were not willing to pull off a bigger trade (JO)? I'm sure of it.

What do you niggas think of Shawn Marion for Walton, Kwame and the pick? I think it's a pretty good trade. Just not for Marion, lmfao. He wanted to be "the man", the 1st option on offense and the one to score.. have fun being that playing alongside Kobe.
No, it's not a sin

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4768 on: June 16, 2007, 10:23:50 AM »
Could it be that Bryant caught feelings when it became clear that the Lakers yet again were not willing to pull off a bigger trade (JO)? I'm sure of it.

What do you niggas think of Shawn Marion for Walton, Kwame and the pick? I think it's a pretty good trade. Just not for Marion, lmfao. He wanted to be "the man", the 1st option on offense and the one to score.. have fun being that playing alongside Kobe.

Stop saying "nigga", you're not black.

That trade is OK, but I'd rather have Camby in that type of trade if possible, that way we'd have a defensive anchor.

If we did do that trade, we'd have a second all NBA defender in the starting lineup to take pressure off of Kobe defensively. For that to work, Bynum would have to be a real defensive anchor and maintain the pace he had at the beginning of the season.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4769 on: June 16, 2007, 10:46:44 AM »
Stop saying "nigga", you're not black.

Why does this bother you? Send me a PM.  :D