Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287018 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4770 on: June 16, 2007, 10:54:25 AM »
Man fuck life!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4771 on: June 16, 2007, 11:07:36 AM »
Could it be that Bryant caught feelings when it became clear that the Lakers yet again were not willing to pull off a bigger trade (JO)? I'm sure of it.

What do you niggas think of Shawn Marion for Walton, Kwame and the pick? I think it's a pretty good trade. Just not for Marion, lmfao. He wanted to be "the man", the 1st option on offense and the one to score.. have fun being that playing alongside Kobe.

He's just repeating what he already said, nothing new...I don't like that trade for Marion either...PeACe

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4772 on: June 16, 2007, 01:08:24 PM »
I can't wait till all these trades/signings could go down...I want to see how the team is going to look next season....hopefully Kobe is stil with the team.  :-\ :-\

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4774 on: June 16, 2007, 05:35:31 PM »
From the L.A. Times
Where's Jermaine O'Neal? Still a member of the Indiana Pacers.

The Lakers and Pacers have stalled on trade talks involving the six-time All-Star forward-center because the Lakers do not want to give up both Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom in a swap for O'Neal and power forward Troy Murphy, a source said. The Lakers would also include Kwame Brown in the trade.

Good job Mitch! No way in hell should we give up Odom and Bynum for O'neal. And although Murphy is a good rebounder, he doesn't make us much better.

Dear God,
I don't ask for much. Just please...PLEASE let Pau Gasol end up on the Lakers next season.

i agree with u completely, the JO deal would have been retarded.

I wish Jerry West loved the Lakers enough to trade Gasol to LA before he stepped down and then joined the team as a consultant...How sweet/shady woulda' that been?

haha, thats on some infernal affairs/departed type shit. that would be sick as fuck

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4775 on: June 16, 2007, 06:31:12 PM »
Lol guilty pleasure here...I wanna see this video!

http://thekobevideo.com/

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4776 on: June 16, 2007, 09:38:45 PM »
Until all this BS is settled...let's relive some of our better days...

Lakers 27 point comeback vs. The Mavs
Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
Part 4:

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4777 on: June 17, 2007, 06:27:08 AM »
Since the word on the streets is that Kobe still wants a trade (he reportedly told owner Jerry Buss in Spain that he still wants out), the only natural thing for us Bay Area hoop fans to do is evaluate how that impacts the Warriors. ESPN's Ric Bucher said his sources tell him that Kobe narrowed his list down to New York, Chicago and Phoenix (though I am a firm believer he would expand that list if necessary, or if the incentives were right). Not only would the Warriors benefit from not having to deal with Kobe four times a year, but they perhaps could have the door opened for another opportunity if Bryant lands in Chicago. Contra Costa Times

The Bulls - who have highly touted youngsters Luol Deng, Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas and P.J. Brown's expiring contract -- are the Warriors stiffest competition should the Timberwolves put KG on the market. The Knicks and the Mavericks don't have as much to offer as the Warriors. The Bulls do. Contra Costa Times

But the sources said every team, including the Bulls, knows the Lakers will try to "gut" a team in order to get as much value as possible for Bryant. Bryant could also veto a trade if he thinks the team has to give up too many players, which, the sources said, could also make a trade more difficult. Riverside Press-Enterprise

Sources say the Bulls are monitoring the situation but don't believe the Lakers will trade Bryant, who has four years and $88.6 million left on the seven-year, $136.4 million contract he signed as a free agent in 2004. Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf and general manager John Paxson flew to Los Angeles at that time to persuade Bryant to sign with the Bulls. Bryant told them he liked the Bulls and could see himself playing for them. Chicago Sun-Times

It is believed the Lakers would ship Bryant to the Eastern Conference, and the Bulls and Knicks appear to be his preferences. Thomas said he will keep Eddy Curry out of any offer, but David Lee, Channing Frye and Jamal Crawford would be on the table. Bryant has a no-trade clause, making it easier for him to go where he wants. New York Post

In an appearance yesterday in Marbury's hometown Coney Island, he announced a series of $1 million donations then addressed the brewing Bryant saga, saying the NBA would benefit greatly if Isiah Thomas secured the Lakers' star. Yesterday, Bryant met with Lakers owner Jerry Buss in Barcelona, Spain, with the L.A. Times reporting Bryant restated his trade demands. The report said Buss warned Bryant a trade would be a long-term process. "Hey, I'm not opposed to it," Marbury said with a laugh. "I want to be clear-cut. I'm not opposed to it." New York Post

"New York would be dynamite for [Kobe]," Marbury said. "This would be someplace where basketball would become the biggest and highest of the high for the NBA. It will help the game in a tremendous way because that would give New York that solidification . . . where you look at the Knicks as, oh, man, that's the team again. There's still a search for that team that people want to follow." New York Post

The Lakers, however, are vehemently opposed to trading their top player, according to league sources. Buss is expected to have more talks with his disgruntled All-Star in the coming weeks. New York Daily News
No, it's not a sin

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #4778 on: June 17, 2007, 10:10:12 AM »
wow bryant with the bulls... bryant with nash... that would be insane

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4779 on: June 17, 2007, 12:35:27 PM »
If Kobe goes to Phoenix he's going to average 45 points a game and Nash will average 27 assists a game.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4780 on: June 17, 2007, 01:50:05 PM »
i heard phx offered a very good trade deal for kobe and the lakers turned it down. that was from a well respected member of an arizona basketball forum.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4781 on: June 17, 2007, 01:59:09 PM »
i heard phx offered a very good trade deal for kobe and the lakers turned it down. that was from a well respected member of an arizona basketball forum.

Maybe: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=981~110~2421~2166~510~1727&teams=21~21~21~13~13~13
No, it's not a sin

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4782 on: June 17, 2007, 02:08:55 PM »
dunno what the deal was, the guy didn't say. he just said it was rejected.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4783 on: June 17, 2007, 02:17:47 PM »
Lol guilty pleasure here...I wanna see this video!

http://thekobevideo.com/

thats some scandalous shit, but i think a large portion of laker fanatics could already tell he didnt like bynum and mitch kupchak too much. i wouldnt be surprised if he bashes jim buss in the video too

Sparegeez

« Reply #4784 on: June 17, 2007, 02:18:42 PM »

Maybe: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=981~110~2421~2166~510~1727&teams=21~21~21~13~13~13

Wow the Suns would never give up that much. IMO that would help the Lakers more than the Suns. I hardly doubt LA would say no to that trade.