Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286892 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4785 on: June 17, 2007, 02:23:01 PM »
i heard phx offered a very good trade deal for kobe and the lakers turned it down. that was from a well respected member of an arizona basketball forum.

Maybe: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=981~110~2421~2166~510~1727&teams=21~21~21~13~13~13

Wow the Suns would never give up that much. IMO that would help the Lakers more than the Suns. I hardly doubt LA would say no to that trade.

I think right now the Lakers would say no to every possible trade. But if they don't trade Bynum and Odom within the next weeks Kobe will become a huge pain in the ass, until they will either do trade Bynum or trade Kobe, depending on how much pride they have.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4786 on: June 17, 2007, 06:47:03 PM »
Dr. Buss has said that he is going to resolve this situation no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Bucher was saying that it's pointless and that the Lakers should just trade Kobe but he also said that the Doc is taking Jim out of the Front Office and is taking full control of things again.

Now the chess game gets VERY interesting, because we all know Phil has been vying for Jim's spot and it's now in his grasp. With Kobe gone, Jerry will just let Jim go back and have them growing pains.

^ too little, too late?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4787 on: June 18, 2007, 12:38:37 AM »
i heard phx offered a very good trade deal for kobe and the lakers turned it down. that was from a well respected member of an arizona basketball forum.

Maybe: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=981~110~2421~2166~510~1727&teams=21~21~21~13~13~13

Wow the Suns would never give up that much. IMO that would help the Lakers more than the Suns. I hardly doubt LA would say no to that trade.

LMAO...Those players are borderline superstars without Phoenix's system. Kobe Bryant is a once in a lifetime thing. Are you insane? :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4788 on: June 18, 2007, 12:40:45 AM »
Dr. Buss has said that he is going to resolve this situation no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Bucher was saying that it's pointless and that the Lakers should just trade Kobe but he also said that the Doc is taking Jim out of the Front Office and is taking full control of things again.

Now the chess game gets VERY interesting, because we all know Phil has been vying for Jim's spot and it's now in his grasp. With Kobe gone, Jerry will just let Jim go back and have them growing pains.

^ too little, too late?

Too late? Remember who's decision it is to trade Kobe or not. Buss won't do it, just like he didn't with Magic.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4789 on: June 18, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »
heres a question for my fellow laker fans. me and my homie were debatin this...

lets say lakers traded kwame + bynum for gasol, and the rest of our lineup was exactly the same (no free agent signings, but we keep walton, turiaf, etc)... do u think kobe + odom + gasol would be able to win it all in the 08 season? im not talkin about a "only if they play at their best" type response, but on a more realistic level... u think they would murder the league?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4790 on: June 18, 2007, 03:34:19 PM »

lets say lakers traded kwame + bynum for gasol, and the rest of our lineup was exactly the same (no free agent signings, but we keep walton, turiaf, etc)... do u think kobe + odom + gasol would be able to win it all in the 08 season? im not talkin about a "only if they play at their best" type response, but on a more realistic level... u think they would murder the league?

Definitely...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4791 on: June 18, 2007, 03:37:27 PM »

No, but it's a still a good possiblity. They still need a decent PG to dominate the league until Farmar develops. They'd be considered an elite team though. Give them an extra year and I'd say they would be Champs in 2009.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4792 on: June 18, 2007, 03:40:16 PM »
Damn, imagine Kobe+Odom+Gasol+Walton+Farmar in 1 1/2 years. :o come on Jerry, trade Kwame+Bynum+ top 2 Laker picks Gasol.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4793 on: June 18, 2007, 08:04:16 PM »

No, but it's a still a good possiblity. They still need a decent PG to dominate the league until Farmar develops. They'd be considered an elite team though. Give them an extra year and I'd say they would be Champs in 2009.

lol, damn if we could pull off a deal, then hopefully kobe would be willing to wait for farmar. farmars definitely is developing quicker than bynum but kobe seems like hes about to go insane waiting another minute...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4794 on: June 19, 2007, 10:36:45 AM »
Mike D'antoni speaks...

“Are you kidding? That isn’t going to happen, even if we offered them the Grand Canyon as part of the deal,” Suns coach Mike D’Antoni said. “If we had Kobe, would we trade him (within the Pacific Division) to the Lakers? No way.”

Down to Dallas and Chicago.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4795 on: June 19, 2007, 10:38:56 AM »

Keep believing that...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4796 on: June 19, 2007, 10:48:37 AM »
Mike D'antoni speaks...

“Are you kidding? That isn’t going to happen, even if we offered them the Grand Canyon as part of the deal,” Suns coach Mike D’Antoni said. “If we had Kobe, would we trade him (within the Pacific Division) to the Lakers? No way.”

Cuban has great emotional ties to Dirk and Dallas wouldn't have any big who can score if they move Dirk.. they already lack interior presence, this would make it even worse. And I don't think a trade without moving Dirk could happen, unless you move like half the team, which again would suck as well. Dallas is a team that thrives on chemistry, not on a bunch of proven All-Stars doing what they do.. they don't have much trade value... Lakers could get waaaaaay better deals than something like Howard+Terry+late ass pick

To me the Bulls are the most likely franchise to acquire Kobe.. by far.
1. the EAST, for all the obvious reasons. no need to say more.
2. way bigger market than Texas
3. Ben, Deng, Gordon, early pick... that's no joke.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4797 on: June 19, 2007, 11:20:28 AM »
You wouldn't trade Dirk for Kobe?... :laugh:

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4798 on: June 19, 2007, 03:19:07 PM »
You wouldn't trade Dirk for Kobe?... :laugh:

Dallas would not, for the points I've made... that being said, I don't think Dallas would win a championship with Kobe instead of Dirk and Harris.
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4799 on: June 19, 2007, 03:24:22 PM »
^True. The trade would just fuck up the Mavs' chemistry.