Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288191 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4800 on: June 19, 2007, 03:28:02 PM »
You wouldn't trade Dirk for Kobe?... :laugh:

Dallas would not, for the points I've made... that being said, I don't think Dallas would win a championship with Kobe instead of Dirk and Harris.

Kobe definitely woulda gotten your Mavs past the 1st round tho... ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4801 on: June 19, 2007, 03:29:01 PM »
^True. The trade would just fuck up the Mavs' chemistry.

Chemistry of choking?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4802 on: June 19, 2007, 03:35:55 PM »
 ::)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #4803 on: June 19, 2007, 03:47:28 PM »
You wouldn't trade Dirk for Kobe?... :laugh:

Dallas would not, for the points I've made... that being said, I don't think Dallas would win a championship with Kobe instead of Dirk and Harris.

Kobe definitely woulda gotten your Mavs past the 1st round tho... ;D

i agree. one thing kobe does have is that killer instinct and he knows how to close out games
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4804 on: June 20, 2007, 04:04:02 PM »
The Houston Chronicle drops a brief mention that the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets are "contemplating a [pre-draft] deal involving [Luther] Head in exchange for power forward Brian Cook."

While both teams could theoretically have interest in such a deal, there exists a pretty significant catch.  Cook has a "poison pill" contract since his extension doesn't kick in until July 1st.  To clarify he would be considered $1.8 million in outgoing salary for the Lakers but $3.08 million as incoming for the Rockets.

In other words, Head cannot be traded straight up for Cook.  Other players would have to be involved.

While there is nothing out of Los Angeles to suggest anything like this is in the works, there were rumors at the February trade deadline that LA and Houston were discussing a Bonzi Wells for Cook swap.

Also in the Chronicle article, the author describes other potential deals in the works that have Vassilis Spanoulis and John Lucas III moving to other teams.  He also describes Rafer Alston and new acquisition Mike James needing to find a "happy medium" as the team's two point guards.

Going through the Houston roster, assuming Alston, James, Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady are unavailable . . . there are not a lot of pieces that would make a trade work considering Cook's complex contract.

Even if Spanoulis or Lucas were in discussion to the Lakers, their salaries don't solve the puzzle.

One player to consider is Bonzi Wells who has an opt out that the Rockets may have been counting on for a $2.3 million in savings.  Now that his former coach, Rick Adelman has taken the Houston job, Wells is reportedly considering the final year on his contract.  If he decides to stay, the Rockets may be motivated to trade him despite a strong relationship with the coach.

To match a Head/Wells combination, the Lakers would probably have to throw in Sasha Vujacic and maybe even one of the team's first or second-round picks (19, 40 or 48).

Bonzi Wells + Luther Head for Brian Cook, Sasha Vujacic + a 2nd round draft pick? Dear God please let that happen!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #4805 on: June 21, 2007, 12:18:23 AM »
^^^^ that would be a great deal for us indeed ...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4806 on: June 21, 2007, 01:16:28 AM »
^^^^ that would be a great deal for us indeed ...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4807 on: June 21, 2007, 04:46:48 AM »
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4808 on: June 21, 2007, 05:11:39 PM »
Talks with Indiana continue about Jermaine O'Neal, the problem being that the Pacers want Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, which the Lakers insist they won't do.

Ironically, before Bryant began saying Jerry Buss "lied" to him and launched a secret long-term rebuilding project, Buss had already signed off on trading Bynum or anyone else they had to.

A month ago, there was a good argument to trade anyone to get Bryant immediate help but that was with Kobe on board with what they were doing.

Now, with a growing likelihood they'll lose Bryant in a year, the Lakers had better think twice about trading Bynum.

Well its safe to say Kobe's impatience really fucked us over this off season. Now teams are going to try to bully is in trades cuz they think we're desperate.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4809 on: June 21, 2007, 05:20:26 PM »
Talks with Indiana continue about Jermaine O'Neal, the problem being that the Pacers want Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, which the Lakers insist they won't do.

Ironically, before Bryant began saying Jerry Buss "lied" to him and launched a secret long-term rebuilding project, Buss had already signed off on trading Bynum or anyone else they had to.

A month ago, there was a good argument to trade anyone to get Bryant immediate help but that was with Kobe on board with what they were doing.

Now, with a growing likelihood they'll lose Bryant in a year, the Lakers had better think twice about trading Bynum.

Well its safe to say Kobe's impatience really fucked us over this off season. Now teams are going to try to bully is in trades cuz they think we're desperate.

I guess you missed the article where Mitch said he's been in more negotiations than ever since Kobe demanded a trade.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4810 on: June 22, 2007, 01:24:28 AM »
its about fucking time they start talking about some fucking trades in LA.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4811 on: June 22, 2007, 04:57:41 AM »
Lakers better work something out fast. After the draft things will get ugly.
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4812 on: June 22, 2007, 10:54:15 AM »
^ Things are already getting ugly, Jack Nicholson wants a trade now  :'(

http://www.pugbus.net/artman/publish/06227002_11_jacktrade.shtml

...if he goes...I go!

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #4813 on: June 22, 2007, 10:57:46 AM »
^^ lol
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4814 on: June 22, 2007, 12:20:12 PM »
Bucher was just on. Some of these have been stated recently. (spoke about KG and Kobe)

Bucher states that he thinks that if Laker feel that relationship can be mended and if they go on as usual, it is an oversight. This is coming from Kobe’s camp.

Bucher states that nothing is coming directly from Kobe but it is coming from the his camp.

Bucher stated that this goes "way beyond than adding talent the team."

Bucher states that this has happened before. You can look at Iverson with Phil 76 or McGrady from Magic

This is not about fixing the team but the trust issue.

Kobe met with Buss to reiterate that he wants to be traded. Buss was on the way to Western Europe and was traveling in that direction.

Kobe met Buss because he heard that Lakers were not making any attempts to trade him and told him the same thing at the end of the May.

He basically stated that "my time is done and we must part ways."

Patrick McEnroe stated that Lakers don’t have to do it. Kobe has no options.

Bucher agreed that at the end of the day, Lakers control the situation.

However, do you want to a guy who doesn’t want to play. Knowing Kobe, when he decided that he played the last game in a uniform, Kobe means it. Bucher also stated that if it came down to it, Kobe would sit out. (Bucher thinks)

What are the options? Chicago/Phoenix

Chicago is the likely destination. Young pieces, etc.

However, Bucher says that it depends on the motivation of the Lakers.

Do they want to replace a superstar with superstar, etc.

Do they want to start all over?

Don’t know the mindset of the Laker front office. In general, he states that no one knows what the Lakers are going to do. He states that there have been good FO that they have been able to anticipate what is going and make trades. Lakers are not one.

Bucher also believes that the FO are underestimating the Laker fans. He thinks that Laker will understand. However, they are the Lakers and they are charging alot for season tickets. Bucher just don’t know what they want to do.

Bucher spoke about KG.

He thinks that it is time for KG to leave. In the past, KG would say, "why should i leave" They should build a team about me. However, it is not looking good.

Bucher suggested that there should be a race between Timberwolves and the Lakers to make a trade with Chicago.

He did suggest that maybe KG will be traded to the Bulls and the Bulls will trade him to the Lakers. The Lakers would get their superstar. Plus KG has a home in Malibu.