Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288182 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4860 on: June 28, 2007, 05:00:58 AM »
The Lakers reportedly are going beyond U.S. borders in their search for a new backcourt starter.

With Smush Parker out the door and Farmar having played only one NBA season, the Lakers have offered a multi-year contract to 30-year-old guard Theodoros Papaloukas, according to Eleftheros Tipos, a newspaper in Greece. The report said Papaloukas had confirmed the offer and was pondering it among a handful from NBA teams. Lakers officials declined to comment.

Papaloukas, a Greek native who is listed at 6 feet 7, was the Euroleague player of the year last season with CSKA Moscow, and is widely thought to be the best point guard in Europe.

He signed a three-year deal with CSKA Moscow in June 2006, a contract that could require a substantial buy-out price. The Lakers probably would have to use most or all of their mid-level exception — five years and about $30 million — to sign him. The mid-level exception is given to teams that are over the salary cap and can be divvied up to sign more than one free agent.

Papaloukas had 12 assists to lead Greece to an upset of the U.S. in the semifinals of the 2006 world championships. He had 10 points and nine assists for CSKA Moscow in a 94-75 exhibition victory over the Clippers last October, an effort that prompted Clippers forward Elton Brand to tell the Associated Press that he "definitely [had] flashbacks of Papaloukas," from the U.S. semifinal loss.

I don't know about giving a Radmanovic contract to a 30-year-old European. Anybody remember how people were going wild about that Jasikevicius cat cause he was great in the olympics? Well, the Pacers shipped him to Golden State and he's not in the rotation there.
yeah I won't give the full MLE for this guys ... based on the fact you don't know how he will adapt to the NBA game... I wouldn't mind him as a back up but it's not what we need... Farmar will be the 1st rotation on the PG position, we need a starter and givin the starter job to this guy is very risky

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4861 on: June 28, 2007, 09:27:11 AM »
The audio is made by the same people that made the video. Why would they make a real video, then release a fake audio? lmao

The quality of this shit if of course terrible, but the dude that wrote the article I posted probably heard it right off the phone it was recorded with and stated that it sounded VERY much like Bryant.

"Get a Bulls unifrom, fellas"

-Kobe Bryant

The biggest attraction to this whole video hype was that Kobe says ''get a Bulls uniform''...Come to find out, the "main part" is only in audio. Coincidence? The only thing LMAO worthy is you wondering why they would make that up...LOL.

What are the chances Kobe met these same people on two seperate occasions to spit shit? Come on now...and one of the times, they only had audio for some reason. Weaksausage...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4862 on: June 28, 2007, 10:11:19 AM »
The video is probably real, but these new reports of a seperate auido clips are completely bogus....Either way, why would Kobe care what's being said by fans? People can claim whatever they want. I doubt he sits all day online reading this stuff...And LOL@suing for that.

1) By fans? It's all over the papers HERE IN FUCKING ITALY!! And i'm sure 7even can confirm they're talking about it in Germany too! Immagine in L.A. and in fucking CALI! Kobe should deny it, if it's fake. IF it's fake. IF. He went to the radio 300 times lately, why not going there for the 301st time to deny it and shut the rumors down? The truth is that he wants to be traded, he made it (pretty, lol) clear, and he said them things in the video, which looks legit. He has nothing to deny cause he said them things and he still wanna get traded.

2) Sue, yes. I'm a lawyer, obviously you can sue them fools, if the shit is fake. No doubt.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4863 on: June 28, 2007, 10:12:41 AM »
The Lakers reportedly are going beyond U.S. borders in their search for a new backcourt starter.

With Smush Parker out the door and Farmar having played only one NBA season, the Lakers have offered a multi-year contract to 30-year-old guard Theodoros Papaloukas, according to Eleftheros Tipos, a newspaper in Greece. The report said Papaloukas had confirmed the offer and was pondering it among a handful from NBA teams. Lakers officials declined to comment.

Papaloukas, a Greek native who is listed at 6 feet 7, was the Euroleague player of the year last season with CSKA Moscow, and is widely thought to be the best point guard in Europe.

He signed a three-year deal with CSKA Moscow in June 2006, a contract that could require a substantial buy-out price. The Lakers probably would have to use most or all of their mid-level exception — five years and about $30 million — to sign him. The mid-level exception is given to teams that are over the salary cap and can be divvied up to sign more than one free agent.

Papaloukas had 12 assists to lead Greece to an upset of the U.S. in the semifinals of the 2006 world championships. He had 10 points and nine assists for CSKA Moscow in a 94-75 exhibition victory over the Clippers last October, an effort that prompted Clippers forward Elton Brand to tell the Associated Press that he "definitely [had] flashbacks of Papaloukas," from the U.S. semifinal loss.

Papa is not bad at all. Shit, we should sign the PG of BARCA too. Those two are better of a lot of STARTERS in the NBA, imho.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4864 on: June 28, 2007, 10:13:56 AM »

I don't know about giving a Radmanovic contract to a 30-year-old European. Anybody remember how people were going wild about that Jasikevicius cat cause he was great in the olympics? Well, the Pacers shipped him to Golden State and he's not in the rotation there.

He failed, true. But hey, you can't always win. Sometimes you select the bad guy.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4865 on: June 28, 2007, 10:36:52 AM »
The video is probably real, but these new reports of a seperate auido clips are completely bogus....Either way, why would Kobe care what's being said by fans? People can claim whatever they want. I doubt he sits all day online reading this stuff...And LOL@suing for that.

1) By fans? It's all over the papers HERE IN FUCKING ITALY!! And i'm sure 7even can confirm they're talking about it in Germany too! Immagine in L.A. and in fucking CALI! Kobe should deny it, if it's fake. IF it's fake. IF. He went to the radio 300 times lately, why not going there for the 301st time to deny it and shut the rumors down? The truth is that he wants to be traded, he made it (pretty, lol) clear, and he said them things in the video, which looks legit. He has nothing to deny cause he said them things and he still wanna get traded.

2) Sue, yes. I'm a lawyer, obviously you can sue them fools, if the shit is fake. No doubt.

http://www.sport1.de/de/sport/artikel_1369541.html

The title of it: "Kobe Bryant is competing with Paris Hilton"

LMAO!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4866 on: June 28, 2007, 10:42:53 AM »
You stil Mad, Fag!?   8) 8)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0r7bd9NM4Ts" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0r7bd9NM4Ts</a>

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4867 on: June 28, 2007, 10:47:58 AM »

LMAO!

That's what i'm talking about. All the NBA fans all around the world knows it. Shit i was playing streetball yesterday, and there was a 10 years old guy who was playing close to the court and he was talking like he was an NBA expert, you know, describing teams, players.... and he said "Kobe Bryant will go to the Bulls to be the next Jordan cause he asked it". 10 years old in Italy. And you said he shouldn't care? This shit will ruine his career more than the rape trial, if he'll not repair it showing the Lakers love ASAP. I understand he had to do this type of move to make pressure on the FO, but the way he did it, it's so damn dangerous. The media already hated him. Now he gave them another reason to hate him more. Plus this time he has a good percentage of Laker fans too, against him. Def not a smart move. So if this video is fake, he betta say it. And if the audio is fake, he betta say it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 10:50:31 AM by Antonio »

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4868 on: June 28, 2007, 10:52:55 AM »
Ray Allen Predicted Kobe’s Selfishness

“He’s going to be very selfish,” Allen said of Bryant. “And he feels like he needs to show this league and the people in this country that he is better without Shaq. He can win championships without Shaq. So offensively, he’s going to jump out and say, ‘I can average 30 points. I can still carry the load on this team.’

“I think the point production is not going to be so much what people are going to look at because (Tracy) McGrady did it in Orlando, Allen (Iverson) did it in Philly. Can you win a championship? I think that’s the question. Carrying guys on your back and making everybody better.”

“If Kobe doesn’t see he needs two and a half good players to be a legitimate playoff contender or win a championship, in about a year or two he’ll be calling out to Jerry Buss that ‘We need some help in here,’ or ‘Trade me,’ ” Allen said. “And we’ll all be saying, ‘I told you so,’ when he says that.”

I still remember myself dissing Allen.  :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4869 on: June 28, 2007, 02:19:38 PM »

Kobe wants to play for a contender. His ultimate desire is to stay in LA with an organization dedicated to winning and being honest. I believe Jerry Buss will patch things up. If Jerry Buss wants, he can have Kobe...Kobe's true desire is to be in LA and to be winning. If the FO had been acting like they've been acting this past month, we woulda had another superstars a longggg time ago...Magic 2007...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4870 on: June 28, 2007, 02:25:32 PM »

LMAO!

That's what i'm talking about. All the NBA fans all around the world knows it. Shit i was playing streetball yesterday, and there was a 10 years old guy who was playing close to the court and he was talking like he was an NBA expert, you know, describing teams, players.... and he said "Kobe Bryant will go to the Bulls to be the next Jordan cause he asked it". 10 years old in Italy. And you said he shouldn't care? This shit will ruine his career more than the rape trial, if he'll not repair it showing the Lakers love ASAP. I understand he had to do this type of move to make pressure on the FO, but the way he did it, it's so damn dangerous. The media already hated him. Now he gave them another reason to hate him more. Plus this time he has a good percentage of Laker fans too, against him. Def not a smart move. So if this video is fake, he betta say it. And if the audio is fake, he betta say it.

Who cares if the video or audio is fake? That's the point...Only stupid kids online give a shit about that. Kobe didn't say anything he didn't say in his interviews, the fact of the matter is, Kobe loves LA and he's not getting traded. Obviously, Kobe wants to play with a franchise that is dedicated to winning and a franchise that can create a mutual respect between them- a true relationship, not an isolated one. If Buss proves he can do this (and he's done it in the past with Magic), then this whole thing will turn out for the better...This can be what sparks the next dynasty. That extra push our FO needed to be aggressive...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4871 on: June 28, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »
Ray Allen Predicted Kobe’s Selfishness

“He’s going to be very selfish,” Allen said of Bryant. “And he feels like he needs to show this league and the people in this country that he is better without Shaq. He can win championships without Shaq. So offensively, he’s going to jump out and say, ‘I can average 30 points. I can still carry the load on this team.’

“I think the point production is not going to be so much what people are going to look at because (Tracy) McGrady did it in Orlando, Allen (Iverson) did it in Philly. Can you win a championship? I think that’s the question. Carrying guys on your back and making everybody better.”

“If Kobe doesn’t see he needs two and a half good players to be a legitimate playoff contender or win a championship, in about a year or two he’ll be calling out to Jerry Buss that ‘We need some help in here,’ or ‘Trade me,’ ” Allen said. “And we’ll all be saying, ‘I told you so,’ when he says that.”

I still remember myself dissing Allen.  :-X

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=94591.msg1513247#msg1513247

Ray Allen is one of the most selfish players in the league, I'd understand if he wasn't a guy who shot the ball every time it touched his hands, but come on now...He never predicted that the FO would isolate Kobe.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 02:32:33 PM by Now_I_Know »

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4872 on: June 28, 2007, 03:30:50 PM »

Kobe wants to play for a contender. His ultimate desire is to stay in LA with an organization dedicated to winning and being honest. I believe Jerry Buss will patch things up. If Jerry Buss wants, he can have Kobe...Kobe's true desire is to be in LA and to be winning. If the FO had been acting like they've been acting this past month, we woulda had another superstars a longggg time ago...Magic 2007...PeACe

Man i understood it. I'm talking about the refections of those words on his image.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4873 on: June 28, 2007, 06:19:49 PM »
The Lakers Pick Next.  :D

Lakers Draft A Point Guard  :D :D....he's already better then faggiot ass Smush :D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 06:30:54 PM by ING »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4874 on: June 28, 2007, 06:32:44 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the fuck do we need another young point guard?! Rudy Fernandez aka Ginobli 2.0 was sitting right there for us. And wtf happened to the Cook/#19 for Head/#26 deal?

Fuck this draft!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"