Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288114 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4890 on: June 29, 2007, 11:53:57 AM »
^^^^ You forgot "Are you kidding me"  ;D.... Andrew "Are you kidding me" Bynum has to be your sig  ;D

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4891 on: June 29, 2007, 06:09:39 PM »
Pau Gasol's website: "If they want to keep me that bad, they need to make the necessary effort to surround me with players capable of competing at the highest level. I want to be on a wining team, with ambitions and options, and have the chances I didn’t have last year.”

I remember reading a Spanish newspaper also saying that Kobe spoke to Gasol 2 weeks ago in Spain about his situation and vice-versa...

"Has Kobe come to convince Gasol?

Kobe, who is spending a few days kicking back in Barca, ran into Pau at the gym in the Juan Carlos hotel, where they had a conversation.

Kobe has demanded quality upgrades in order to stay with the Lakers, and Gasol has kept the exit door open in Memphis.

"I ran into Kobe by chance; and he told me his things, and I told him mine. I'm also not going to tell you everything we talked about."

Kobe and Marc need to get Pau on the phone and convince him to come to the Lakers.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4892 on: June 30, 2007, 01:44:09 AM »
Javaris Crittenton
Birthdate: 12/31/87
NBA Position: Point Guard
College: Georgia Tech
Class: Freshman
Ht: 6-5
Wt: 180
Hometown: Atlanta, GA
High School: Southwest Atlanta Christian

NBA Comaprison: Steve Francis (better passing)

Strengths: Tremendous combination of size, athleticism and playmaking ability ... Quick first step ... Excellent vision and passing skills ... His size allows him to see over defenders and make passes that the average 6-2 PG could not ... Shows great heart, very competitive. Wont back down from a challenge ... Very quick, an elite level athlete ... Loves to dunk on players ... Excellent body strength ... Rhythm shooter, with good slashing and scoring ability ... His huge hands give him excellent control of the ball ... Very unselfish player ... Excellent foot speed, overall quickness and effort makes him a tough defensive player ... Works hard to improve his game, very coachable ... Has a great attitude, confident but not cocky ...

Weaknesses: Needs to improve upon his outside shot, which is solid but can improve ... Can be too unselfish at times trying to get everyone involved when he is the top scoring option ... Can be too aggressive defensively and get caught reaching, picking up unnecessary fouls ... Needs to prove himself on the college level. Become a great decision maker and learn to lead a team on the next level ...His ability to play the point guard position is very good, but he can continue to improve upon dictating tempo and learning the nuances of the position ...

-Aran Smith 4/1/06

Sounds promising. My man Belinelli was selected with the #18. He tried with the Lakers too, so we probably had him in mind before GSW selected him. Anyway this guy from Tech sounds promising too. I love his size and the fact he's very coachable, with the right attitude. Looks like triangle material.

I gotta admit (actually i've never neglet it) Mitch is pretty good in the draft. I keep faith in him for this draft. But now we need some major trades to be done. C'mon!!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 01:47:14 AM by Antonio »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4893 on: June 30, 2007, 07:59:55 AM »
I gotta admit (actually i've never neglet it) Mitch is pretty good in the draft. I keep faith in him for this draft. But now we need some major trades to be done. C'mon!!

Isn't he the one who drafted Sasha Vujacic and Brian Cook?

As far as trades...

"The same sources said the Lakers turned down a trade request from Phoenix that would have brought four-time All-Star forward Shawn Marion to Los Angeles for Odom and a second player to make the deal work financially"

^ Mitch doesn't seem to believe in trades.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4894 on: June 30, 2007, 08:40:05 AM »

Everybody makes mistakes, man. The draft is not a science.

As far as trades...

"The same sources said the Lakers turned down a trade request from Phoenix that would have brought four-time All-Star forward Shawn Marion to Los Angeles for Odom and a second player to make the deal work financially"

Thank God he refused this trade!

rik

« Reply #4895 on: June 30, 2007, 10:28:58 AM »

As far as trades...

Marion for Odom? FUCK THAT!!!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 11:22:50 AM by Rik »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4896 on: June 30, 2007, 11:37:58 AM »
Ugh here it goes...

Lamar Odom
15.9ppg, 9.8rpg, 4.8apg, 1.0spg. 0.6bpg, 46.8 fg%, 29.7 3pfg%, 70.0 ft% - in 56 games

Shawn Marion
17.5 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.7apg, 2.0spg, 1.5bpg, 52.4fg%, 31.8 3pfg%, 81.1 ft% - in 80 games

If the Lakers would've made that trade then signed a true pg, Marion would be a much better fit than Odom. Consistancy is what we're looking for here gentlemen.

* waits for NIK to say Marion only put up those great numbers because of "the system"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4897 on: June 30, 2007, 11:40:29 AM »
* waits for NIK to say Marion only put up those great numbers because of "the system"

That's inevitable nigga
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4898 on: June 30, 2007, 11:41:18 AM »
Marion>>>Odom

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4899 on: June 30, 2007, 01:19:08 PM »
Potential Suns Lakers Trade turned Down by Lakers

The Los Angeles Lakers turned down a Phx Trade that would send Shawn Marion to Los Angeles for Lamar Odom.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4900 on: June 30, 2007, 01:50:04 PM »
Ugh here it goes...

Lamar Odom
15.9ppg, 9.8rpg, 4.8apg, 1.0spg. 0.6bpg, 46.8 fg%, 29.7 3pfg%, 70.0 ft% - in 56 games

Shawn Marion
17.5 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.7apg, 2.0spg, 1.5bpg, 52.4fg%, 31.8 3pfg%, 81.1 ft% - in 80 games

If the Lakers would've made that trade then signed a true pg, Marion would be a much better fit than Odom. Consistancy is what we're looking for here gentlemen.

Man you can write all the stats you want, there. Imho Lamar Odom > Shawn Marion, and it's not even close. Moron is a dumbass, period. Odom is a player who has a great basketball IQ, and who can do it all, better than Marion. Really, i'd be disgusted if Mitch makes this trade.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4901 on: July 01, 2007, 11:49:18 AM »
Without Nash, Marion ain't shit on the offensive end... Lamar for Marion is just a lateral move... at best

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4902 on: July 01, 2007, 12:21:43 PM »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4903 on: July 01, 2007, 03:11:19 PM »
Walton to stay with Lakers after agreeing to 6-year, $30 million deal

Luke Walton reached agreement Sunday with the Los Angeles Lakers on a six-year, $30 million contract after general manager Mitch Kupchak placed a call one minute after midnight to express the team's interest in retaining its best unrestricted free agent.

They called at the earliest possible moment, and we worked on it all day," agent Lon Babby said. "They wanted him back, and Luke wanted to be there. We wanted to make every effort to get an agreement.before we went out and looked at any other teams."

Another of Babby's clients, Grant Hill, had one of his more lucrative options taken away when the Toronto Raptors decided to spend their mid-level exception on Miami Heat sharpshooter Jason Kapono.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2922663

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4904 on: July 01, 2007, 03:26:58 PM »
Good...but i stil think he's better coming off the bench..hopefully he proves me wrong and has a big season  8)