Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287889 times)

LAKERS_FAN89

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4905 on: July 01, 2007, 03:41:50 PM »
coo 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4906 on: July 01, 2007, 04:59:25 PM »
Walton to stay with Lakers after agreeing to 6-year, $30 million deal

Luke Walton reached agreement Sunday with the Los Angeles Lakers on a six-year, $30 million contract after general manager Mitch Kupchak placed a call one minute after midnight to express the team's interest in retaining its best unrestricted free agent.

They called at the earliest possible moment, and we worked on it all day," agent Lon Babby said. "They wanted him back, and Luke wanted to be there. We wanted to make every effort to get an agreement.before we went out and looked at any other teams."

Another of Babby's clients, Grant Hill, had one of his more lucrative options taken away when the Toronto Raptors decided to spend their mid-level exception on Miami Heat sharpshooter Jason Kapono.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2922663
Damn, that's a lot of money, but it's good to see him back.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4907 on: July 01, 2007, 10:40:35 PM »
The Lakers have also reached out to free-agent guard Steve Blake, who was with Denver last season and could turn out to be the efficient veteran ballhandling guard they're seeking.

"They're really interested," a league source said.

Blake, 27, was traded early last season from Milwaukee to Denver and averaged 6.4 points and five assists in the Nuggets' high-scoring offense. Steady but not flashy, he is a pass-first player who can hit open shots. At 6 feet 3, he also has decent height.

There's a good chance he won't re-sign with Denver, and the Lakers are desperate for a ballhandling guard.

Sasha Vujacic and Jordan Farmar are the only ones who return from last season, and first-round draft choice Javaris Crittenton played only one season at Georgia Tech.

More-prominent free-agent point guards — Detroit's Chauncey Billups and Milwaukee's Mo Williams — are expected to re-sign with their teams for more money than the Lakers could offer.

The Lakers still have the mid-level exception at their disposal, and can offer a free agent a deal up to five years and about $30 million.

The mid-level exception can be spread out over more than one player, although Blake probably will earn the full mid-level exception, if not slightly below it.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers2jul02,1,7649675.story?track=rss

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4908 on: July 01, 2007, 10:50:06 PM »
^Good choice, the Lakers can use a pass first point guard. He played nicely for Denver.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4909 on: July 01, 2007, 10:50:27 PM »
Still waiting on a trade. :whistle:

wcsoldier

« Reply #4910 on: July 01, 2007, 11:58:31 PM »
Steve would be a very good AND realistic choice for the PG job.. can hit the open shot without a doubt, decent D and passer

wcsoldier

« Reply #4911 on: July 02, 2007, 12:07:00 AM »
Walton to stay with Lakers after agreeing to 6-year, $30 million deal

Luke Walton reached agreement Sunday with the Los Angeles Lakers on a six-year, $30 million contract after general manager Mitch Kupchak placed a call one minute after midnight to express the team's interest in retaining its best unrestricted free agent.

They called at the earliest possible moment, and we worked on it all day," agent Lon Babby said. "They wanted him back, and Luke wanted to be there. We wanted to make every effort to get an agreement.before we went out and looked at any other teams."

Another of Babby's clients, Grant Hill, had one of his more lucrative options taken away when the Toronto Raptors decided to spend their mid-level exception on Miami Heat sharpshooter Jason Kapono.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2922663
Damn, that's a lot of money, but it's good to see him back.
yeah ... we have to trade Vlad , we can't allow to give the MLE both of Luke and Vlad on a such long term period... the ideal thing is Sasha, Cook and Vlad wouldn't be here next season ...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4912 on: July 02, 2007, 07:52:59 AM »
^ actually I wouldn't mind keeping Vlad if we got rid of Cook. There's definatly no point in having both of them.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4913 on: July 02, 2007, 09:10:46 AM »
Actually both of them sucks.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4914 on: July 02, 2007, 10:22:18 AM »
They hope they can re-sign center Chris Mihm and a veteran guard.

Mihm's agent, Jeff Austin, told the Lakers his client is looking for the mid-level exception of $5.5 million.

The Lakers think that is too much to pay for Mihm, who missed all of last season recovering from right ankle surgery and still was paid his $4.2 million salary.

Mihm has been working out with Andrew Bynum at the team's practice facility in El Segundo, but the Lakers want to make sure he is healthy.

Mihm played in just 59 games during the 2005-06 season and averaged a career-high 10.2 points. He was injured March 12, 2006, against Seattle and played in just one game after that, playing 14 minutes in the season finale.

59 games in 2 years and he thinks he's worth 5 mill? Lmao fuck off Chrissy Tenderlegs.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4915 on: July 02, 2007, 10:34:05 AM »
Mihm is a pretty decent offensive center. I mean a C who can score 10+ ppg and make a couple of blocks is def what we need. I dunno about the full MLE but hey, if we wanna win something NOW, we betta pay the players.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4916 on: July 02, 2007, 10:35:27 AM »
 lol NO WAY we are accepting that, if yes , Mitch will be on the next level when it comes to hit lows  :-X

wcsoldier

« Reply #4917 on: July 02, 2007, 10:37:28 AM »
Mihm is a pretty decent offensive center. I mean a C who can score 10+ ppg and make a couple of blocks is def what we need. I dunno about the full MLE but hey, if we wanna win something NOW, we betta pay the players.
Bynum will be better than Mihm next year ( Andrew ain't going nowhere , don't trip) and Mihm is the biggest foul prone I've ever seen

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4918 on: July 02, 2007, 10:46:59 AM »
Bynum will be better than Mihm next year ( Andrew ain't going nowhere , don't trip) and Mihm is the biggest foul prone I've ever seen

Ok. Bynum will be better. I agree. We need a backup C who can score 10+ ppg.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4919 on: July 02, 2007, 10:50:44 AM »
Bynum staying = Kobe bitching
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin