Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287343 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4920 on: July 02, 2007, 11:02:03 AM »
^^^^ no doubt but Mitch will repeat he hasn't a magic wand and that before the injuries we were 26-13  :-X. Every Lakers fan has to realize , outside signing a point guard for the MLE and maybe one vet, NOTHING will happen .. what's so difficult to understand that ;

1) Blockbuster deals BARELY happened
2) we have lil trade value pieces as a result Bynum and Odom for an All Star, outside Garnett, is a lateral move
3) Mitch is a BAD GM

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4921 on: July 02, 2007, 11:13:32 AM »
The thing i don't get is why drafting a PG if we already have Sasha Vujacic and Jordan Farmar, and we wants to sign a PG with the MLE (Blake). It's not that if we sign 4 mediocre PG we're loaded. Farmar imo is not a good PG (i know he's a fan fav and all, but he ain't worth a starting spot and i don't think he'll be a superstar, in the future. Just a normal bench player. He would even struggle here in Europe, to tell you the truth), Vujacic is a complete disaster, and the new kid we drafted is still too young. Oh, and Blake is a pretty good bench player, not the starting PG for a contender team. We're in MAJOR troubles. Damn homie, i'm starting to be very negative too....

wcsoldier

« Reply #4922 on: July 02, 2007, 11:22:50 AM »
^^^^ it"s not being negative, it's accepting the current truth ... tough times to be a Lakers fan, I know you can't win every single year and NBA business is difficult... but we are paying the mistakes which have been made for 3 years...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4923 on: July 02, 2007, 09:32:53 PM »
Gilbert Arenas speaks on the Kobe situation...

It's a Small World After All
Posted by Gilbert Arenas on July 2 2007, 9:19 p.m. ET

Thoughts on Kobe
During vaction, mostly I just relaxed. I read a little bit, you know, hung out by the beach and then I came back to the states and I was like, “Damn, everyone’s getting traded!” I was on a trade rumor, a trade of me for Kobe and I was like, “Woah, what’s going on? I’m being traded?!”

I guess he really wants out of L.A., huh? Are the L.A. fans happy about this? It’s basically “he said, she said,” and you’re going to leave a city that embraced you because of “he said, she said”? I mean, I just think it’s a bunch of hocus pocus.

I mean, Shaq leaves, Phil Jackson leaves and now you want out? You know, I grew up an L.A. fan and as a fan of L.A. I don’t know what to feel like. I’m like, “Now wait a minute, you want to leave now?” I’m thinking as a fan, not a player. Wait a minute, I bought the 24 collection, you know? He signed 24 jerseys: 24 white, 24 purple, 24 yellow. I got all three colors. I’m a fan! I came back and it’s like, “Damn, he wants to leave no matter what?”

Any team he goes to, they’re going to have to get rid of a whole team to accommodate him. So he’s going to be most likely be in a worse situation than he was before. That’s how I look at it.

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4924 on: July 02, 2007, 10:25:40 PM »
^^real talk

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #4925 on: July 02, 2007, 10:37:07 PM »
Utah just let D. Fisher out of his contract today... (To take care of his daughter)
Be he say's this does not mean he is retired.
maybe when he decides to come back to the court the LAke show can bring Fish back into the mix?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4926 on: July 02, 2007, 10:57:54 PM »
^I'd pass. :P

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4927 on: July 03, 2007, 03:02:14 AM »
^^^^ it's not being negative, it's accepting the current truth ...
+1

and lol@arenas... how gay is it to speak out as a fan when you're an all-star...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4928 on: July 03, 2007, 09:58:17 AM »
Kobe's first interview since the drama...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4929 on: July 05, 2007, 09:02:22 PM »
Although he didn't rescind his trade request, Kobe Bryant softened his stance somewhat Thursday night, saying he had apologized to Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak in person for the way he handled his upset feelings five weeks ago.

"I just felt like as a man, it was important for me to tell him, `I'm sorry it came out that way,"' Bryant said at a lightly attended news conference at Loyola Marymount, where he spoke mainly about his camp for youngsters at the school this week.

Bryant said that while he could have called Kupchak, it was important he speak with him face-to-face.

"I was frustrated, I was venting," Bryant said.

When asked whether he still wanted out, Bryant replied: "I haven't thought about that in a long, long time. I've kind of stepped away from that. I've concentrated on Team USA. What I say is what I say. We'll just have to see where it goes."

The U.S. national team begins practice July 20 in Las Vegas.

Bryant, the NBA's leading scorer the past two seasons, complained about a lack of talent around him at season's end, and said May 30 he wanted to be traded, adding nothing could change his mind.

Despite that request, the Lakers have made clear that trading Bryant isn't in their plans. Bryant is owed $88.6 million over the next four seasons, but could terminate his contract in two years.

The Lakers haven't won a playoff series since reaching the NBA finals in 2004 for the fourth time in five years. With Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal leading the way, they won three straight championships from 2000-02.

O'Neal was traded to Miami in July 2004, a day before Bryant signed a seven-year, $136.4 million contract to remain with the Lakers, who haven't won a playoff series since O'Neal left.

Bryant said he hasn't spoken with Derek Fisher since Monday, when Fisher was released by the Utah Jazz so he can concentrate on finding the best care for his 11-month-old daughter, who has cancer in her left eye.

Fisher said he wants to live in one of the six or seven cities being considered for Tatum's care. Bryant and Fisher were teammates and, from all indications, good friends while playing with the Lakers from 1996-2004 -- the first eight seasons of their NBA careers.

Kupchak didn't rule out the possibility of a return to the Lakers for Fisher, who signed with Golden State as a free agent after the 2003-04 season and was later traded to Utah.

Bryant said 450 kids aged 8-to-18 attended his camp.

Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4930 on: July 05, 2007, 09:04:10 PM »
Derek Fisher interested in the Knicks?

Derek Fisher, who was released by the Utah Jazz to allow him to take care of his ill daughter, would love to play for the New York Knicks. His daughter has been receiving treatments for retinoblastoma in New York.

His agent, Mark Bartelstein, spoke to Knicks assistant general manager Glen Grunwald Tuesday about the possibility, which is probably a bit remote.

Bartelstein said his client plans on playing next season, and a return to the Los Angeles Lakers, where he could be a starter, is probably a stronger possibility.

Please don't let Mitch/Jim/Jerry fuck this one up. Derek Fisher is EXACTLY what we need to fix the PG problem we've had since he left.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4931 on: July 06, 2007, 12:53:14 AM »
Please don't let Mitch/Jim/Jerry fuck this one up. Derek Fisher is EXACTLY what we need to fix the PG problem we've had since he left.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4932 on: July 06, 2007, 02:11:12 AM »
LOL@putting garbage-man Shawn Marion over Lamar Odom.

Only someone who bases players off their stats without watching them play would do that. on everything.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4933 on: July 06, 2007, 02:11:41 AM »
I dunno if Fisher is what we need...He wants the full MLE.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4934 on: July 06, 2007, 02:26:50 AM »
^^^^ yeah... the pb is every point guard gonna ask the MLE to come here (read Steve Blake).. at the end , overpaying another player will be inevitable