Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288433 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4935 on: July 06, 2007, 02:31:23 AM »
I wouldn't mind having Fisher back, I just think there should be better options for the full MLE. I would sign Fisher to a vets min deal...Half the MLE at most.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4936 on: July 06, 2007, 02:35:10 AM »
^^^^ yeah but the pb is what are the better options ? Steve Blake for the MLE is way too much imo.. then players as Mo Williams will get more than the MLE , I ain't seeing too many options left, outside the overseas options i.e Papa or Navarro...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4937 on: July 06, 2007, 02:40:42 AM »
Mo Williams remains a possibility...You can get players like Jason Hart or Charlie Bell for less than Fisher, and that leaves money to fill other needs. Unless we can talk Fisher into taking a smaller deal, which I think is possible.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4938 on: July 06, 2007, 02:58:21 AM »
I dunno if Fisher is what we need...He wants the full MLE.

Man i just love him, you know. Nothing but respect for him as a man and as a player. He's better than Blake tho.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4939 on: July 06, 2007, 03:06:23 AM »
Mo Williams remains a possibility...You can get players like Jason Hart or Charlie Bell for less than Fisher, and that leaves money to fill other needs. Unless we can talk Fisher into taking a smaller deal, which I think is possible.

lol@mo williams signing for the MLE
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4940 on: July 06, 2007, 02:24:41 PM »

If he doesn't get offers, how is that funny? Look what Bonzi Wells signed for last year after a career year...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4941 on: July 06, 2007, 06:54:24 PM »

If he doesn't get offers, how is that funny? Look what Bonzi Wells signed for last year after a career year...

Yes but Bonzi Wells is an idiot. He turned down a better deal with the Kings to sign for much less with the Rockets. Mo Williams is only 24 and he just put up 17/5/6...he's getting more than MLE money (unless he just really wants to play for the Lakers).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4942 on: July 07, 2007, 12:49:38 PM »
As I said...

Milwaukee Bucks general manager Larry Harris said "things are progressing very well" with unrestricted free-agent point guard Mo Williams. Negotiations are continuing between the Bucks and agent Mark Bartelstein, with Wednesday being the first day players may officially sign contracts.

The Bucks are thought to be offering a multiyear package totaling between $35 million and $40 million to keep Williams, who averaged career highs with 17.3 points and 6.1 assists last season.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4943 on: July 08, 2007, 02:57:19 PM »
^^$35 mill could be the MLE, dude...

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4944 on: July 10, 2007, 05:49:09 PM »
It looks like we're going to sign D.Fish  :o 8)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4945 on: July 11, 2007, 01:00:16 PM »
piece of shit... marc gasol is stayin in spain next season. this mutha fucka better convince pau to come to the la before he heads back

Lakers Draft Pick Marc Gasol to Play in Spain Next Season

MADRID, Spain, July 11 (AP) -- Marc Gasol, the younger brother of Memphis Grizzlies forward Pau Gasol, is going to stay in Spain for now.

The 22-year-old center, drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers with the 48th pick, said Wednesday he will spend another season with the Spanish club Akasvayu Girona.

"It's in my best interests to continue at Girona due to their ambitious sporting project and the great atmosphere in the team,'' Gasol said. "I want to work very hard and improve this coming year.''

The 7-foot-1 Gasol, who helped Spain win the basketball world title last year, was also chosen to play for the national team at the European Championship in September.

Gasol averaged 10.6 points and 5.5 rebounds in 37 games this season

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4946 on: July 11, 2007, 01:12:04 PM »
^^He needs a lot of work before he can contribute in the NBA...He's not his brother quite yet...LOL.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4947 on: July 11, 2007, 01:15:44 PM »
Marc Gasol is far to be ready for the NBA... trust my European ass (no homo)  ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4948 on: July 11, 2007, 01:23:53 PM »
Funny that he is pretty much the exact same size as his brother (even a little bigger), but isn't nearly as skilled...We got another Gerald Wilkins on our hands.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4949 on: July 11, 2007, 01:33:44 PM »
^^^^ yeah he got no offensive moves at all... he's just bringing some weight and height in the paint.. nothing more ... I'm not counting on him now or in the future....