Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287970 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4965 on: July 18, 2007, 04:34:03 AM »
I think infact there are teams who would break up their young, promising core to get Kobe... But they won't admit it unless it is very, very likely to actually happen. Right now the Lakers haven't actively intended to trade Kobe at all, so it would be dumb for Paxson to be like "Yo, Ima get you Ben, Deng and Gordon, aight?" I would only make things uneasy in Chicago and the players involved in that hypothetical trade would feel like trash. So... unless the Lakers openly state that they are willing to trade Bryant, nobody will make a great offer.

That said IF Kobe continues to bitch after the Team-USA stuff, the longer they wait to trade him the less they will get. Had they traded him before the draft, they would have gotton quite something in return, I'm sure of that. Now if they wait until December and he pulls a Vince Carter, they won't get crap. Basically it all depends now on how much of an asshole and how hardcore Kobe is. Cause Lakers haven't done serious shit to improve the roster, they kept Bynum... so there is no real reason for him to finally be alright with the situation.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4966 on: July 18, 2007, 10:54:27 AM »
I honestly think we wouldn't have signed Fisher and drafted Crittenton if Kobe wasn't taking a stand...Kobe played his last 3 seasons with Chucky Atkins and Smush Parker as the starting point guards...some of the worst in the business. It's no coincidence that the FO started addressing the PG issues and made a major push at Garnett as soon as Kobe spoke up...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4967 on: July 18, 2007, 11:06:12 AM »
The FO said long before Kobe started bitching that PG was the top priority in the offseason.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4968 on: July 18, 2007, 11:26:33 AM »
The FO said long before Kobe started bitching that PG was the top priority in the offseason.

We probably woulda' signed Blake against Kobe's will...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4969 on: July 18, 2007, 12:01:40 PM »
Blake>Fisher

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4970 on: July 18, 2007, 12:04:16 PM »
I honestly think we wouldn't have signed Fisher and drafted Crittenton if Kobe wasn't taking a stand...Kobe played his last 3 seasons with Chucky Atkins and Smush Parker as the starting point guards...some of the worst in the business. It's no coincidence that the FO started addressing the PG issues and made a major push at Garnett as soon as Kobe spoke up...PeACe

You didn't have to be a basketball genius to understand Lakers had to sign a PG, c'mon now. Kobe simply asked to be traded, he didn't suggest names and shit.

rik

« Reply #4971 on: July 18, 2007, 12:18:32 PM »

You didn't have to be a basketball genius to understand Lakers had to sign a PG, c'mon now. Kobe simply asked to be traded, he didn't suggest names and shit.

Exactly, NIK, c'mon bro, you have to admit that Kobe is being a bitch.

WC Iz Active

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4973 on: July 18, 2007, 12:41:10 PM »

Exactly, NIK, c'mon bro, you have to admit that Kobe is being a bitch.

I don't think Kobe is being a bitch...The fact that we had our first off-season where we've been seeking moves and have been active as ever in trade talks tells me that Kobe did the right thing to help us get to that next step...Even if that means in the form of motivation for Odom and Bynum, whatever he did will force us to get better...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

WC Iz Active

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4976 on: July 18, 2007, 12:48:59 PM »
I honestly wanted Blake over Fisher, but I think the chemistry/leadership with Fisher will be better, and it might turn out for the best...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4977 on: July 18, 2007, 04:35:26 PM »
I wanted Fisher over Blake.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4978 on: July 18, 2007, 06:59:39 PM »
Fuck Steve Blake. He's not better than Fisher AT ALL.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4979 on: July 18, 2007, 09:16:33 PM »
Derek Fisher is scheduled to clear waivers Thursday at 3 p.m., meaning the Lakers can sign him at 3:01 p.m. if no other team claims him.

Fisher agreed in principle last week to return to the Lakers on a three-year contract worth about $14 million.

Fisher could be claimed by another team willing to award him the three years and almost $21 million left on his contract when Utah agreed to release him earlier this month, although that is considered a slim possibility.

This is the Lakers we're talking about...I won't be satisfied till I see him on the roster. I would say till I see him holding the jersey but I still remember the Marcus Banks fiasco.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"