Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287419 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5010 on: July 22, 2007, 07:41:12 AM »
Good news Mihm has resigned .. now Kwame is on the trade block imo

I hope so, a 9 million $$ expiring K can help this team. Plus we got Mihm for 6 mil over 2 years, not much of a risk IMO. He was playing well before he got hurt.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

wcsoldier

« Reply #5011 on: July 22, 2007, 08:32:06 AM »
Damn the Lakers almost had Gerald Wallace in a 3 team deal!

According to multiple league sources, the Nets were "very close" to completing a three-team trade that would have landed Lamar Odom from the Lakers while sending Richard Jefferson to the Bobcats. The Lakers, in turn, would have received Gerald Wallace from Charlotte.

"It was very close, but just didn't happen," said one league source.

The three-way talks flourished a few weeks ago, and one source insisted Charlotte part-owner Michael Jordan squashed the deal. Wallace, who shares the same agent, Rob Pelinka, as Kobe Bryant, yesterday re-signed with Charlotte (six years, $57 million) after averaging 18.1 points. Odom averaged 15.9 points and 9.8 rebounds for L.A. while Jefferson averaged 16.3 points. So the Nets' Big Three of Jason Kidd, a re-signed Vince Carter and Jefferson nearly evaporated. Again.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07202007/sports/nets/deals_fall_through__big_3_stays_intact_nets_fred_kerber.htm

:'(
If it is the kind of "improvement trade " (lol) Mitch is willing to do ; he better do nothing ... who would have grab rebounds on this team ?  :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5012 on: July 23, 2007, 11:34:13 AM »
^^BabyG is fucking hilarious. LMAO@crying for Gerald Wallace.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5013 on: July 23, 2007, 01:09:22 PM »
Odom > G.Wallace period.

Doggystylin

« Reply #5014 on: July 23, 2007, 02:23:44 PM »
Odom > G.Wallace period.

seriously, im suprised theres even a comparison

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5015 on: July 23, 2007, 02:38:35 PM »
Its time we pull the plug on this whole Lamar Odom experiment. He's just not doing what we need him to. Unless we can bring in a 20 point big man and move Lamar back to the 3.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5016 on: July 23, 2007, 02:54:47 PM »
Its time we pull the plug on this whole Lamar Odom experiment. He's just not doing what we need him to. Unless we can bring in a 20 point big man and move Lamar back to the 3.

Lamar is one of the few positives on this team, sucka...And if we wanted to move Lamar, it DAMN SURE wouldn't be for Gerald fucking Wallace.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5017 on: July 24, 2007, 02:25:52 AM »

Man we can't trade Odom for Wallace, c'mon. Maybe for Wallace & Okafor, but we can't waste our 2nd best player to get Wallace.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5018 on: July 25, 2007, 11:00:20 PM »

Man we can't trade Odom for Wallace, c'mon. Maybe for Wallace & Okafor, but we can't waste our 2nd best player to get Wallace.

I like Wallace, but I wouldn't do that trade either because at best it's a lateral move.

Also, pulling the plug on the Lamar Odom experiment? I'm sorry but that is absurd.

This guy went out there and fought through personal tragedy and carried the team while Kobe was nursing himself back to health. He came back from his knee injury premature and played through that, hurting his shoulder. he played through that injury, potentially jeopardizing his career and played big in the playoffs.

Why wouldn't you want a guy on like that on this team? With all of the bullshit that we've been subjected to over the last few years, Lamar Odom is one of the few bright spots on this team. He doesn't whine, bitch or complain, he goes out there and plays hard and does his job.

I wish we had more guys with his character on this team.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5019 on: July 26, 2007, 09:25:39 AM »
I wish we had more guys with his character on this team in the NBA.

rik

« Reply #5020 on: July 26, 2007, 09:29:54 AM »

I like Wallace, but I wouldn't do that trade either because at best it's a lateral move.

Also, pulling the plug on the Lamar Odom experiment? I'm sorry but that is absurd.

This guy went out there and fought through personal tragedy and carried the team while Kobe was nursing himself back to health. He came back from his knee injury premature and played through that, hurting his shoulder. he played through that injury, potentially jeopardizing his career and played big in the playoffs.

Why wouldn't you want a guy on like that on this team? With all of the bullshit that we've been subjected to over the last few years, Lamar Odom is one of the few bright spots on this team. He doesn't whine, bitch or complain, he goes out there and plays hard and does his job.

Real spit.

wcsoldier

« Reply #5021 on: July 26, 2007, 10:48:41 AM »

I agree with what you said but Lamar failed to be THE 2nd option we need and didn"t have that "All Star" type of season expected... Lamar is very useful in all sectors of the game but we can't win with him as the 2nd best player of the team

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5022 on: July 26, 2007, 10:56:52 AM »
^^I think if you take away the unfortunate injury he suffered, he definitely had an all-star caliber season...It had to AT LEAST be better than Josh Howard's, who made the team.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5023 on: July 26, 2007, 11:01:29 AM »

I agree with what you said but Lamar failed to be THE 2nd option we need and didn"t have that "All Star" type of season expected... Lamar is very useful in all sectors of the game but we can't win with him as the 2nd best player of the team

Exactly! Bottom line is, Lamar is just not the Scottie Pippen we were looking for. I don't wanna hear these excuses about him being injured. He's a great all around player, and like I said, he would be the perfect 3rd option (after Kobe and a big man post player). But as long as Lamar is our 2nd option, we're going to keep hearing Lakers stans saying crap like...

I think if you take away the unfortunate injury he suffered, he definitely had an all-star caliber season...It had to AT LEAST be better than Josh Howard's, who made the team.

His inconsistency and refusal to grow as a player is a problem.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #5024 on: July 26, 2007, 11:15:30 AM »
^^I think if you take away the unfortunate injury he suffered, he definitely had an all-star caliber season...It had to AT LEAST be better than Josh Howard's, who made the team.
the thing is there were a lot of "if" with the Lakers last season .... Lamar has trouble to be agressive and take over when Kobe is on the floor , their combo didn't work very well ... this is not the 1-2 punch we need ... Lamar has to play a WHOLE season at an all star level to change my mind ....