Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288136 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5025 on: July 26, 2007, 11:22:33 AM »
^^I think if you take away the unfortunate injury he suffered, he definitely had an all-star caliber season...It had to AT LEAST be better than Josh Howard's, who made the team.
the thing is there were a lot of "if" with the Lakers last season .... Lamar has trouble to be agressive and take over when Kobe is on the floor , their combo didn't work very well ... this is not the 1-2 punch we need ... Lamar has to play a WHOLE season at an all star level to change my mind ....

Really? I thought we played nicely with both Lamar and Kobe...I felt that the problems started arising when Lamar went out. Do you remember how we played before Lamar sprained his knee December 12? We had a great record before that...Kobe and Odom could be a great 1-2 punch with some strong supporting role players around 'em...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5026 on: July 26, 2007, 11:27:07 AM »
^^I think if you take away the unfortunate injury he suffered, he definitely had an all-star caliber season...It had to AT LEAST be better than Josh Howard's, who made the team.
the thing is there were a lot of "if" with the Lakers last season .... Lamar has trouble to be agressive and take over when Kobe is on the floor , their combo didn't work very well ... this is not the 1-2 punch we need ... Lamar has to play a WHOLE season at an all star level to change my mind ....

Really? I thought we played nicely with both Lamar and Kobe...I felt that the problems started arising when Lamar went out. Do you remember how we played before Lamar sprained his knee December 12? We had a great record before that...Kobe and Odom could be a great 1-2 punch with some strong supporting role players around 'em...PeACe

Before that we played damn near every game at home
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5027 on: July 26, 2007, 11:48:55 AM »

So what? We played some of the best teams in the league...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5028 on: July 26, 2007, 04:33:31 PM »

Yeah at home. There's a difference douche. If the Lakers played all 82 games at home they'd probably finish with the 2nd or 3rd best record in the entire NBA. As soon as we went on the road we got fucked over. As I said at the start of last season - we didn't make any adjustments to reach that elite status.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5029 on: July 26, 2007, 06:49:06 PM »

Yeah at home. There's a difference douche. If the Lakers played all 82 games at home they'd probably finish with the 2nd or 3rd best record in the entire NBA. As soon as we went on the road we got fucked over. As I said at the start of last season - we didn't make any adjustments to reach that elite status.

Douche?

Lets trade Lamar Odom for Gerald Wallace!! DUUURRHHH!!

Who's the fucking douche? Don't you ever address me like that, you sub-par piece of shit.

As for our great record to open the season, we beat ELITE teams one after the other...We only started losing when INJURIES piled up...Not saying we woulda been champs, but only a doucherag like you wouldn't understand what I'm implying...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5030 on: July 26, 2007, 10:42:56 PM »

Douche?

Lets trade Lamar Odom for Gerald Wallace!! DUUURRHHH!!

Who's the fucking douche? Don't you ever address me like that, you sub-par piece of shit.

As for our great record to open the season, we beat ELITE teams one after the other...We only started losing when INJURIES piled up...Not saying we woulda been champs, but only a doucherag like you wouldn't understand what I'm implying...

Why am I arguing with a guy thats happy that we traded Butler for Kwame? LOL see you later DOUCHE!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5031 on: July 26, 2007, 10:43:40 PM »
Chris Webber to the Lakers?

MT: You gonna stay with Detroit? What’s going on with that?

Chris Webber: I don’t know. I would love to. Right now I’m thinking about Detroit and Dallas, so you never know. Watch out for BShaw though he’s trying to get me in LA!

http://slamonline.com/online/2007/07/live-from-the-chris-webber-bada-bling-charity-event/

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5032 on: July 26, 2007, 10:58:51 PM »
^^That would actually be nice.

PG Derek Fisher..Jordan Farmar/Javaris Crittenton
SG Kobe Bryant...Mo Evans/Sasha Vujacic
SF Lamar Odom...Luke Walton/Vladimir Radmanovic
PF Chris Webber...Ronny Turiaf/Brian Cook
C Andrew Bynum...Kwame Brown/Chris Mihm

8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5033 on: July 27, 2007, 10:54:22 AM »
Greedy Lakers... he's coming to Dallas if he goes anywhere.  >:(
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #5034 on: July 27, 2007, 11:16:35 AM »
^^^^ don't trip he ain't gonna choose LAL over Dallas unless KG comes here which won't happen.. oh wait he wanna hook up with Tyra again  ;D.. naw 4 real he has always wanted to play in a BIG city , maybe that's why he's considerin LA ...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5035 on: July 27, 2007, 01:50:05 PM »
The roster I posted would be better than Dallas' roster...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5036 on: July 27, 2007, 04:55:52 PM »

I bet $200 that dallas will have a better record than the Lakers...
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5037 on: July 27, 2007, 05:13:19 PM »

Dallas has had their players/system in tact for longer...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5038 on: July 27, 2007, 05:16:04 PM »

Dallas has had their players/system in tact for longer...

8)
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5039 on: July 27, 2007, 05:20:16 PM »

You're a delusional sack of crap.

Bynum/Webber/Odom/Kobe/Fisher is NOT better than Diop/Nowitzki/Howard/Terry/Harris

Only position we win in is SG...and MAYBE C.