Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287259 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5055 on: July 28, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »
Chris Webber to the Lakers?

Man i don't know. Vets min? I'd take P.J. Brown over him but i wouldn't mind getting Webber.

At this point, Webber would probably still be more valuable than PJ Brown...But either one would do. Webber I'd have starting, and PJ Brown off the bench...

PJ Brown is one of the best defensive PF/C's in the league. I'd love us to get a veteran player like him, like Kurt Thomas (i know the Suns just traded him: morons!), 'Zo (impossible, i know), etc.. who can do the dirty works and add the veteran leadership we need in the back-court. Webber is not this type of player. He's more an offensive player. A totally different type of player, you know. I'd rather get PJ for this reason, but if somehow can't get him, i'd love to see C-Webb playing Triangle with Kobe & Odom.

Yeah. If C-Web accepts the vets min i'm down with him. We will probably loose Cook, won't we? If so replacing him with C-Webb would make us better.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5056 on: July 28, 2007, 11:01:02 AM »
^ I'd rather take Ruben Patterson with the vets min or even James Posey (if possible). We need a wing defender.

Ruben can defend. I still remember him playing in Greece, lol. An inferno. Posey i doubt can be available with the vets min. But yeah, Patterson could be a nice add. Only problem is that we already have Odom and Walton, plus Radmanovic who can play SF. We should get ridd of one of those three. Radman?  ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5057 on: July 28, 2007, 11:11:50 AM »

You're more fascinated with what the Lakers do than anyone else... PeACe

I just assimilate.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5058 on: July 28, 2007, 11:23:07 AM »
Navarro is the point guard from Barcelona i'm talking about from more than a year labelling him the best player in Europe in that position (i mean the best prospect for the NBA, cause you can be good for Euroleague and you can't be a good fit for the NBA, you know what i mean?). I think right now Navarro > Crittenton (and Farmar, obviously), but i'm happy about Crittenton's potential and i'm happy we signed Fisher, so i think we're pretty loaded in the PG spot. But whoever takes this Navarro guy gets probably the most exciting player from Europe at the moment. He can dribble inside very well, he can dunk, he remembers me Tony Parker a little bit. Same explosive action, same personality, same penetration skills. He's a Tony Parker type of player, very exciting to watch. Damn i'd love him to play in the NBA!

I'd rather have Papaloukas...

Paploukas re-signed with CSKA Moscow a pair of weeks ago. Anyway.. have you ever seen those two players other than on youtube? LOL.

Yes, I watch Euroleague sometimes...And obviously, Papa signed, but I'd rather have him in the triangle...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5059 on: July 28, 2007, 11:26:39 AM »
^ I'd rather take Ruben Patterson with the vets min or even James Posey (if possible). We need a wing defender.

Odom is a good wing defender...So is Mo Evans.

Signing Patterson or Posey for money we can use on BIGger needs (<pun intended) would be dumb at this point. We're better off inviting James White (known for his athleticism and ability to defend the wings) to camp...We actually woulda' drafted him if Farmar didn't drop to 26.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5060 on: July 28, 2007, 11:27:58 AM »

Ruben can defend. I still remember him playing in Greece, lol. An inferno. Posey i doubt can be available with the vets min. But yeah, Patterson could be a nice add. Only problem is that we already have Odom and Walton, plus Radmanovic who can play SF. We should get ridd of one of those three. Radman?  ;D

I think Odom/Walton/Radman is one of the best small forward rotations in the league...Forget Patterson and Posey. It's time to concentrate on signing a vet big...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5061 on: July 28, 2007, 05:01:31 PM »
Navarro is the point guard from Barcelona i'm talking about from more than a year labelling him the best player in Europe in that position (i mean the best prospect for the NBA, cause you can be good for Euroleague and you can't be a good fit for the NBA, you know what i mean?). I think right now Navarro > Crittenton (and Farmar, obviously), but i'm happy about Crittenton's potential and i'm happy we signed Fisher, so i think we're pretty loaded in the PG spot. But whoever takes this Navarro guy gets probably the most exciting player from Europe at the moment. He can dribble inside very well, he can dunk, he remembers me Tony Parker a little bit. Same explosive action, same personality, same penetration skills. He's a Tony Parker type of player, very exciting to watch. Damn i'd love him to play in the NBA!

I'd rather have Papaloukas...

Paploukas re-signed with CSKA Moscow a pair of weeks ago. Anyway.. have you ever seen those two players other than on youtube? LOL.

Yes, I watch Euroleague sometimes...And obviously, Papa signed, but I'd rather have him in the triangle...

They are totally different players, yeah. Papa is a real playmaker, old school style. He does simple things, but he does them perfectly. He gives the ball without doing a no-look between the legs pass, you know what i mean? And if he's going one on one he fakes, and he makes a jumper. Very european, very simple, but lethal. Navarro is, like i said, a Tony Parker type of player, a player who loves to go inside 1 on 1 or 1 on 2, even 1 on 3. He likes to dribble, to do spectacular things, you know. And he's more a scorer than Papa (tho' none of them could be really considered pure shooters). Navarro could have a better impact in the NBA because of his gamestyle, cause he's a fan fav type of player. Papa is less less spectacular, but very consistant and mature, def a great potential triangle player.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 05:05:30 PM by Antonio »

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5062 on: July 28, 2007, 05:04:25 PM »

I think Odom/Walton/Radman is one of the best small forward rotations in the league...Forget Patterson and Posey. It's time to concentrate on signing a vet big...PeACe

For sure man! PJ Brown. That's my man.

wcsoldier

« Reply #5063 on: July 29, 2007, 11:57:39 AM »
I think we're interested in Navarro for one reason : Pau Gasol... Remember Gasol said he would stay 4 SURE in Memphis if they sign his best friend Navarro... maybe if we can get Navarro, we can work out a deal with the Grizz for Pau.. just speculation but you never know

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5064 on: July 29, 2007, 04:18:51 PM »
I we can get PJ Brown i think he would fit in perfect for us.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5065 on: July 30, 2007, 08:24:44 PM »
Lakers Sign Coby Karl

The Lakers announced the signing of Coby Karl.

It's something that has been in the works for quite some time. Karl, a 6-foot-5 guard, played on the Lakers' summer league team and average 12.2 points. He had a solid career at Boise State and you might remember that Karl had cancerous lymph nodes removed from this throat this year.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5066 on: July 31, 2007, 03:45:30 AM »
Lakers Sign Coby Karl

It's something that has been in the works for quite some time. Karl, a 6-foot-5 guard, played on the Lakers' summer league team and average 12.2 points. He had a solid career at Boise State and you might remember that Karl had cancerous lymph nodes removed from this throat this year.

The son of coach Karl?

wcsoldier

« Reply #5067 on: July 31, 2007, 04:13:47 AM »
^^^^ Yeah , his game can be compare to Luke one ie unathletic but good IQ of the B-Ball game and decent ability to hit the open jumper

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5068 on: July 31, 2007, 09:19:57 AM »
Lakers Sign Coby Karl

The son of coach Karl?

Yes...He's a good, fundamental player. Lit it up in Summer League... Could easily be a steal, sorta like Luke Walton.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5069 on: July 31, 2007, 11:20:50 AM »
Players with great basketball IQ are usually good triangle player.