Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288440 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5145 on: August 16, 2007, 01:07:39 PM »
Kobe: 'No Reason Not To Be' At Lakers' Training Camp

Kobe Bryant has said this week that he no longer wishes to make his unhappiness with the current state of the Lakers an issue.

"I'm not making it an issue any more," Bryant told the Los Angeles Times.

He was also asked whether or not he will be in training camp.

"I have no reason not to be," he said.

He was then asked about whether he may never play for the Lakers again, as reported by Bryant's confidant, ESPN's Ric Bucher.

"You know what, man, we'll see what happens."

Interesting...
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

« Reply #5146 on: August 16, 2007, 06:45:56 PM »

Kobe Bryant has said this week that he no longer wishes to make his unhappiness with the current state of the Lakers an issue.

He was then asked about whether he may never play for the Lakers again, as reported by Bryant's confidant, ESPN's Ric Bucher.

Interesting...

Fuck Kobe,

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5147 on: August 16, 2007, 07:54:34 PM »
Negotiations:
Kwame + fillers for Artest
i swear to god ill catch a case..i will body Petrie and the maloofs if that shit goes down

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5148 on: August 16, 2007, 10:19:14 PM »

Interesting...

Fuck Kobe,

Why? He just said he was gunna be at training camp...

rik

« Reply #5149 on: August 16, 2007, 10:57:55 PM »

Interesting...

Fuck Kobe,

Why? He just said he was gunna be at training camp...

That doesn't make up for all his offseason antics.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5150 on: August 17, 2007, 12:42:41 PM »
^^Those "offseason antics" made the FO bust their ass this offseason...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5151 on: August 17, 2007, 01:37:37 PM »
^^And resulted in nothing. I don't think it took much effort to resign Fisher or Mihm.

rik

« Reply #5152 on: August 17, 2007, 01:41:15 PM »
^^And resulted in nothing. I don't think it took much effort to resign Fisher or Mihm.

exactly.

wcsoldier

« Reply #5153 on: August 17, 2007, 01:50:08 PM »
There are more and more chances no move will be made til training camp ....  Blockbuster Trades are difficult to complete BUT :

1) Mitch is definetely not a good GM when it comes to trades
2) With Kobe drama  the Lakers look desperate and other teams asked too much pieces in return

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5154 on: August 17, 2007, 01:54:03 PM »

Doesn't matter...The front office has made more trade offers this offseason than the last 3 seasons combined. There still is a good chance that a move will take place before the Feb. trade deadline...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5155 on: August 17, 2007, 03:23:07 PM »

Doesn't matter...The front office has made more trade offers this offseason than the last 3 seasons combined. There still is a good chance that a move will take place before the Feb. trade deadline...PeACe

:camp:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5156 on: August 17, 2007, 05:26:34 PM »

:camp:

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=150567.0

:stupid:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5157 on: August 17, 2007, 11:14:55 PM »
ESPN's Rachel Nichols had an on-camera interview Friday with Bryant in which he gave an interesting quote about "water under the bridge." It's open to interpretation what he meant by that phrase, but Lakers fans will probably take from solace from it.

Here's a transcript of the salient Q&A:

Nichols: You said one day you wanted to be traded, you said you wanted to be a Laker for Life. There were different phone calls back and forth.

Bryant: I think a lot of people misinterpreted it. But that's water under the bridge to me, because going forward, we're handling our situation between ourselves, meaning the Lakers organization and myself. If things, if things were to be different, we both would have handled the situation a little differently.

Nichols: When you look back on that, are you thinking ... Oh God, what was I doing then?

Bryant: Yeah, sure, it was just frustration. Frustration gets the best of everybody.

Video: http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=2979689&categoryId=2459788&n8pe6c=3

wcsoldier

« Reply #5158 on: August 18, 2007, 01:45:13 AM »
Arizona officials eyeing Donaghy's calls in Suns games
Associated Press

Updated: August 16, 2007, 1:54 PM ET
 PHOENIX -- Former NBA referee Tim Donaghy could face charges in Arizona's most populous county if investigations by the league and FBI show that he deliberately miscalled two Phoenix Suns playoff games this year, authorities said.

Donaghy's Game Log

Tim Donaghy left a record that shows he was often involved in games that displayed, in one expert's view, "abnormal" results on betting lines. A look at NBA games he officiated in the 2006-07 season. List

In federal court Wednesday in New York, Donaghy pleaded guilty to two felony charges Wednesday in connection with an NBA betting scandal.

Donaghy faces a maximum of 25 years in prison when he's sentenced for conspiracy to engage in wire fraud and transmitting waging information through interstate commerce.

Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas has sent letters to NBA Commissioner David Stern and the head of the FBI in Washington, saying he wants to know whether Donaghy gambled on the two Suns road playoff games, provided inside information to gamblers or helped determine the outcome by making bad officiating calls.

Thomas said the games in question are the April 29 game against the Los Angeles Lakers and the May 12 game against the San Antonio Spurs.

The Suns beat the Lakers 113-110 in the April 29 game, but lost to the Spurs 108-101 on May 12 in Game 3 of the Western Conference semifinals.

Thomas said that if Donaghy "purposely failed to officiate the games properly and his conduct resulted in changing the outcome of the games, such conduct might have violated Arizona criminal statutes and could be the subject of criminal prosecution."

Special Assistant County Attorney Barnett Lotstein said Arizona's "long arm statute" allows the county to prosecute in such cases.

"If any element of the crime happened in our county, we have jurisdiction," Lotstein said.

Among the possible felony charges are fraudulent schemes and artifices, which carry a possible prison sentence of 3 to 10 years; and bribery of participants in professional or amateur games, which carries a possible prison term of 1 to 3˝ years, according to Arizona authorities.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

http://www.nba.com/games/20070429/PHXLAL/boxscore.html

:grumpy: :puke:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5159 on: August 19, 2007, 01:56:20 PM »
^^Yup...and I went to that game. :-\