Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287027 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5190 on: September 05, 2007, 11:25:14 AM »
^^Yea, but half of our team was dead.

To say Kwame Brown and Mo Evans are anything less than average defenders is not just wrong, but insane. To say Odom is bad on defense is laughable. Odom is versatile enough to guard positions 1-5, and his length is very very valuable on D. Fish is one of the top defensive point guards in the league, no matter what way you look at it. Bynum needs to add strength, but at the raw age of 19, averaged almost 2 blocks a game in limited minutes. Turiaf and Mihm ARE foul prone, but can provide good defense when they can stay in the game. This guy barely watches Laker basketball...PeACe

Lol I love how you say that everytime someone says soemthing you don't agree with. Dude the Lakers are a horrible defensive team - its no secret! Phil Jackson, Kurt Rambis, Joel Meyers & Stu Lantz, hell even some of the Lakers roster say it all the time that defense is their biggest problem.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5191 on: September 05, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »

To say Kwame Brown and Mo Evans are anything less than average defenders is not just wrong, but insane. To say Odom is bad on defense is laughable. Odom is versatile enough to guard positions 1-5, and his length is very very valuable on D. Fish is one of the top defensive point guards in the league, no matter what way you look at it. Bynum needs to add strength, but at the raw age of 19, averaged almost 2 blocks a game in limited minutes. Turiaf and Mihm ARE foul prone, but can provide good defense when they can stay in the game. This guy barely watches Laker basketball...PeACe

Lol I love how you say that everytime someone says soemthing you don't agree with. Dude the Lakers are a horrible defensive team - its no secret! Phil Jackson, Kurt Rambis, Joel Meyers & Stu Lantz, hell even some of the Lakers roster say it all the time that defense is their biggest problem.

Did you read what I just said, or only the last sentence?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5192 on: September 05, 2007, 02:51:18 PM »

Did you read what I just said, or only the last sentence?

Yeah it didn't make sense. Just how you think Phil is gonna be coach of the year, Crittenton is gonna be rookie of the year, and all that other BS you post before every season. Move to earth and lets converse.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5193 on: September 05, 2007, 03:26:03 PM »
I never said Critt will be rookie of the year...Pay attention, or get help.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5194 on: September 05, 2007, 03:30:26 PM »
NIK, you be making these crazy predictions every year.
Most Improved Player: Andrew Bynum
6th Man of the Year: Luke Walton
Coach Of The Year: Phil Jackson
MVP: Kobe 8) (though he'll probably get robbed again ::))

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5195 on: September 05, 2007, 05:29:06 PM »
How were those crazy? LOL. Andrew Bynum had somewhat of a case for most improved, and if Luke stayed on the bench, he defintely woulda' been a 6th man candidate. And Kobe WAS the MVP and DID get robbed...I was right again.

The Phil Jackson one was a stretch, but it wouldn't have been had the team stayed healthy and secured a 3rd or 4th seed in the west, which they were capable of.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5196 on: September 05, 2007, 10:26:28 PM »
Lakers top 10 moments of the 06-07 season

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/0607topten.html

There were some pretty good memories last season. Too bad we collapsed like the Twin Towers later in the season.

Hopefully we start the season the way we started the 06-07 season and end it the way we ended the 05-06 season and get the fuck out of the first round.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5197 on: September 06, 2007, 04:28:13 AM »
Some niggas that can afford it should bet on Kobe being at training camp or not  :)

When does it start?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5198 on: September 06, 2007, 01:26:30 PM »
Some niggas that can afford it should bet on Kobe being at training camp or not  :)

When does it start?

Me and Jat already have a $100 bet that he wont be traded by then. 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5199 on: September 06, 2007, 07:46:38 PM »
"This could well be my last year of coaching," Jackson said before flying to Springfield, Mass., for tonight's induction. "I'm not saying it is but it could be.

"I think I have an outstanding offer to sign up again, but I have held that back because of my recovery. . . .

"Then there's the basis of how well the team does. . . . If this team doesn't move forward quickly, and that's, I think, the second round of the playoffs, then I think we have to reconsider."

Let me guess NIK, Phil Jackson isn't a real Laker and doesn't recognize real talent, right?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5200 on: September 06, 2007, 08:59:09 PM »
Phil Jackson sided with Kobe as well...We've been saying the same thing.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #5201 on: September 06, 2007, 09:08:17 PM »
This thread hasn't been gettin many post NIK. Go ahead and unsticky it! You have my permission.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5202 on: September 07, 2007, 11:07:15 AM »
Phil Jackson sided with Kobe as well...

Yeah. There's a video interview up in the ESPN site, where he basically say he understands Kobe's frustration with Bynum etc..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5203 on: September 07, 2007, 11:31:07 AM »
Me, Phil Jackson, and Kob€ all hav€ a shar€d vision...

k€y[boards f\upck€d upp again****

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5204 on: September 07, 2007, 12:21:53 PM »
This thread hasn't been gettin many post NIK. Go ahead and unsticky it! You have my permission.
It's the offseason, fool.