Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287627 times)

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5220 on: September 14, 2007, 12:45:29 PM »
Props Nik thats a sweet wallpaper.Hey btw how much do the regular season tickets cost im willing to pay about $100-$150 a ticket how good would the seats be?

rik

« Reply #5221 on: September 14, 2007, 12:57:42 PM »
Props Nik thats a sweet wallpaper.Hey btw how much do the regular season tickets cost im willing to pay about $100-$150 a ticket how good would the seats be?

You could get some pretty good seats within that price range.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5222 on: September 14, 2007, 03:35:35 PM »

Yea, for $150 you can get nice seats... possibly lower level seats in the 100's (depending on the game)...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5224 on: September 22, 2007, 12:13:41 PM »
Assuming the 3 are healthy how are Mihm, Brown, and Bynum going to split minutes at center? The starter (I assume Brown) will end up playing 35 mpg, and the first reserve will probably end up playing 20 mpg. And neither Mihm nor Bynum would be suitable to play PF.

Kwame will switch off between center and power forward...and although it's highly unlikely it'll happen, Mihm is also capable of playing the 4...Phil will figure something.

Bynum will start. Kwame had reconstructive surgery on his ankle, basically it's the same surgery Devean George had on his ankle in 2004, and he didn't play again until halfway through the season.

Mihm is just coming off reconstructive surgery so we have no idea if he'll be ready. I'm guessing no, although I don't know for sure.

That leaves Bynum by default.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5225 on: September 22, 2007, 12:19:49 PM »
Here's a good analysis for the Lakers defensive situation posted by a fan on lakersground.net

For all of the pissing and moaning about Kobe's D, the league's coaches still rate him as the best defensive 2 in the NBA.

Yeah, yeah, LGers say he's playing too much centerfield, not levelling guys off or closing guys out like he used to, but that is mostly a function of the 4 bums they have on the floor with him.

Face facts - there's not ONE other guy on this team who's even rated as an average team defender.

DFish has mad heart, but his lack of athleticism post foot surgery made Tyronn Lue the primary PG defender in 00-01.

Kwame gets a lot of run for his supposedly great individual post defense, but he's a piss-poor team defender and still can't play the PnR.

Odom has length, but gets beat by quick 3s and punished by 4s in the post, so his only real asset on D is his rebounding (which IS important).

Walton has cement feet and is routinely murdered on back cuts, picks and - despite being a solid 235# - gets destroyed on the low block.

Mihm & Turiaf are foul machines.

Mo Evans (according to Rambis) is a disappointment defensively - great body, but just can't figure out how to stay with his man.

Maybe the youngsters have some promise, but with Phil, it's a dice roll as to whether any of them - including Bynum - see any floor time.

Saying that D is infectious is trite. D at the NBA level requires skill, desire and self-determination. The guys in the league who are considered top defenders are that because they've conciously worked at it.

Some, like Bruce Bowen & Ben Wallace, bounced around the minors and developed as defenders because it was the only way they could get into the league.

Some - like JKidd, Tim Duncan and Marcus Camby - played for college coaches who would not play you unless you showed you were the best defensive player at your position, regardless of how highly recruited you were.

Some - like Kobe, Artest and MJ - have enormously out of whack egos and take it personally if you score on them.

At the NBA level - you gotta go get 2-3 good defensive players and then teach the others guys how to play with them, a la the Spurs. That's why Alonzo Mourning was AT LEAST as important as Shaq to the Heat's title. With Zo, they basically taught everyone else to just funnel their men to him and get ready to grab the rebound.

Riles didn't ask Shaq or DWade to play infectious D - he went out a got a HOF defender.

LOL@Fisher not being an average defender. LOL@Odom not being an average defender. LOL@Evans not being an average defender. LOL@Kwame not being an average defender. LOL@Bynum not being an average defender. LOL@Turiaf not being an average defender. LOL@Mihm not being an average defender.

This guy underrated the Lakers ability. Of course you agree...PeACe

Actually, the guy is more on than he is off.

He underrated Kwame's D but that's about it. Kwame was the only Laker who consistently played good defense last season which is why when he was healthy, the 35 of the 41 games he played, we tended to win those games.

Odom, Kobe, Turiaf, and Evans played good defense only in stretches. Bynum did good with shot blocking but his man D needs work. Turiaf was a foul magnet. Evans and Kobe were both inconsistent defensively. Odom plays good D against certain players but if he has to guard a post player, he has a hard time. Of course our D at the 1 was horrendous (Smush and Sasha).

The guy's post wasn't that off. Our problem was defense last year and the injuries helped to make our defense even more vulnerable.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5226 on: September 24, 2007, 02:02:11 PM »
Hey, when does Laker Camp start? I wanna see the Laker Soap Opera going on.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5227 on: September 25, 2007, 10:51:18 AM »
Hey, when does Laker Camp start? I wanna see the Laker Soap Opera going on.
October 1.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5228 on: September 25, 2007, 12:08:17 PM »
Would Marion Now Welcome A Trade?

According to several Suns sources, Shawn Marion seems to be unhappy that the team will not talk about a contract extension.

Apparently Marion wants $60 million over three years. Marion, already the highest-paid Suns player, will make $16.4 million this season and $17.8 million for 2008-09.

Trade rumors might not bother Marion much anymore, because there are indications that he would welcome a deal.

The two top trade possibilities involve Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko, who is even more disgruntled with his team, and Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom and a teammate, possibly forward Brian Cook.

Lamar Odom + Brian Cook for Shawn Marion? C'mon God - atleast give me this!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

« Reply #5229 on: September 25, 2007, 12:30:13 PM »
Would Marion Now Welcome A Trade?

According to several Suns sources, Shawn Marion seems to be unhappy that the team will not talk about a contract extension.

Apparently Marion wants $60 million over three years. Marion, already the highest-paid Suns player, will make $16.4 million this season and $17.8 million for 2008-09.

Trade rumors might not bother Marion much anymore, because there are indications that he would welcome a deal.

The two top trade possibilities involve Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko, who is even more disgruntled with his team, and Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom and a teammate, possibly forward Brian Cook.

Lamar Odom + Brian Cook for Shawn Marion? C'mon God - atleast give me this!

That would be fuckin' stupid.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5230 on: September 25, 2007, 12:37:57 PM »

Apparently Marion wants $60 million over three years.

LOL
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5231 on: September 25, 2007, 06:52:27 PM »
SN exclusive: Marion would welcome trade to Lakers

By Sean Deveney, Sporting News
Posted September 25, 2007

Shawn Marion, L.A. Laker? If he has his way, that will happen.

According to a league source, the Lakers and Suns have been in discussions about a deal -- a blockbuster deal -- that would send the four-time All-Star to Los Angeles to play alongside Kobe Bryant. The Suns would get forward Lamar Odom and perhaps some salary-cap filler in return. The main obstacle appears to be Lakers owner Jerry Buss, who needs to OK the deal. Asked to handicap the likelihood of the deal going through, the source said, "50-50."

Upon hearing this, I caught up with Marion this afternoon by phone. He confirmed that he spoke with Bryant over the weekend, but added, "I've been friends with Kobe for a while, so we talk here and there, anyway."

Still, Marion was enthusiastic about the potential trade. "Why wouldn't I be?" he said. "You have a great organization, great ownership there with the Lakers. I don't see no problems with playing there."

This, it appears, would be a good fit for everyone. It has been a rocky summer for Marion and the Suns, who drafted him out of UNLV in 1999 but have been unwilling to give him a contract extension. Marion is the highest-paid player on the team, and he can opt out of the final year of his deal and become a free agent next summer.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=277553

:o
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5232 on: September 26, 2007, 04:41:34 AM »
Marion can't initiate or create his own shot. Either way Lakers better make a move before training camp.
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5233 on: September 26, 2007, 08:42:19 AM »
We have to make trades not just cause somebody said so, but to improve the team. Trading Odom+fillers for Marion doesn't improve the team enought to do it. I mean i'm not even sure Marion > Odom, c'mon. That's not the kind of trade we should do. KG or Kidd or Boozer or JO or Gasol etc.. are players who are def worth a trade like this one. But not Marion.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5234 on: September 26, 2007, 09:19:52 AM »
We have to make trades not just cause somebody said so, but to improve the team.

It's too late for that.
No, it's not a sin