Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287979 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5235 on: September 26, 2007, 10:07:26 AM »
I actually agree with Antonio and I know Nik will puke if Mitch pulls the trigger on this trade but to be honest I think it's time to try something ... Kobe and Lamar doesn't work as a combo , Lamar is inconsistent and injury prone ... Marion is rarely injured and despite he can't create his own , he still managed to put big numbers before the Nash era ... fact is Marion wants more touches and is frustrated with his role in Phoenix whereas he would be the 2nd option here ... the main drawback is we lost Lamar passing abilities .. besides that they're both very good rebounders, Lamar is a better defender at the 4 spot whereas Marion is a much better defender at the 3 ... if our power forward rotation would be deeper I wouldn't hesitate and play Marion as a SF but that trade would leave us with Turiaf and Vlad at the 4 , which is very weak ... though a Kobe-Marion could attract some players ala Chris Webber .. you never know ... at the end trading in the same division and improving the Suns isn't clever at all.. but not taking any risk isn't my type neither .. fact is we BETTER not fucking up the start of the season coz things could become quickly out of control ... and with the reports that Lamar may not be 100 % at the start of the season... anyways I still think the key is a Al Jefferson type of explosion from Andrew ...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5236 on: September 26, 2007, 10:52:14 AM »
We have to make trades not just cause somebody said so, but to improve the team.

It's too late for that.

Probably, yes. But i'd rather keep those ones we have rather than doing a big revolution just to end up having Marion instead than Odom. The triangle offense ain't easy to understand, plus playing in Los Angeles ain't easy itself (you know.. the pressure is high). If we have to make a revolution, it betta be for a player better than Marion.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5237 on: September 26, 2007, 10:54:36 AM »
I actually agree with Antonio and I know Nik will puke if Mitch pulls the trigger on this trade but to be honest I think it's time to try something ... Kobe and Lamar doesn't work as a combo , Lamar is inconsistent and injury prone ... Marion is rarely injured and despite he can't create his own , he still managed to put big numbers before the Nash era ... fact is Marion wants more touches and is frustrated with his role in Phoenix whereas he would be the 2nd option here ... the main drawback is we lost Lamar passing abilities .. besides that they're both very good rebounders, Lamar is a better defender at the 4 spot whereas Marion is a much better defender at the 3 ... if our power forward rotation would be deeper I wouldn't hesitate and play Marion as a SF but that trade would leave us with Turiaf and Vlad at the 4 , which is very weak ... though a Kobe-Marion could attract some players ala Chris Webber .. you never know ... at the end trading in the same division and improving the Suns isn't clever at all.. but not taking any risk isn't my type neither .. fact is we BETTER not fucking up the start of the season coz things could become quickly out of control ... and with the reports that Lamar may not be 100 % at the start of the season... anyways I still think the key is a Al Jefferson type of explosion from Andrew ...

Ok. I make you an example. I'd rather trade Odom AND Bynum for KG/JO/Kidd/Gasol than trading Odom+fillers for Marion. Marion won't make our team ready to contend. And i don't see a point trading Odom for a player who, just like him, ain't enought to turn the team into a contending one. Let's trade Bynum too, if necessary. But for a player who can make us contenders from day1.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 10:58:07 AM by Antonio »

wcsoldier

« Reply #5238 on: September 26, 2007, 11:56:32 AM »

Ok. I make you an example. I'd rather trade Odom AND Bynum for KG/JO/Kidd/Gasol than trading Odom+fillers for Marion. Marion won't make our team ready to contend. And i don't see a point trading Odom for a player who, just like him, ain't enought to turn the team into a contending one. Let's trade Bynum too, if necessary. But for a player who can make us contenders from day1.
fact all these trades can't be made ... Odom AND Bynum for Kidd ? Hell no ... JO is injury prone , Bynum + fillers for Gasol yep but I heard NOTHING about acquiring Gasol... not even pointless rumors  and by the way I still wonder why ... I'm not a fan at all of this trade BUT in 3 seasons Lamar hasn't CONSISTENLY delivered whatever the reason is (injuries , mental weakness ...) I like Lamar game  but dude is fucking frustrating  .. with the talent he has , he should be among the NBA top 10 players... do you want the same old shit for a 4th year in a row ? (by the way there are already reports it's unlikely he'll be 100% at the start of the season ..) ... yeah it's a risky trade but at this point I'd took it ... at least we would have tried something ... at worst we'll have the same level with Marion on the team

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5239 on: September 26, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »
Marion And Kobe Talk Trade

Shawn Marion wants out of Phoenix and is interested in becoming a member of the Lakers.

"I'm definitely interested in the Lakers," said Marion.

He also said he talked to Kobe Bryant, and Bryant "embraced it."

Said Marion: "He wants to make it happen."

If Bryant cares about what trades the Lakers make and thinks adding Marion would help, at least it's an indication that he's thinking about the Lakers as "we" not "them."

:o
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

« Reply #5240 on: September 26, 2007, 12:18:28 PM »

Shawn Marion wants out of Phoenix and is interested in becoming a member of the Lakers.

If Bryant cares about what trades the Lakers make and thinks adding Marion would help, at least it's an indication that he's thinking about the Lakers as "we" not "them."

If this trade goes down, I'm gonna hunt you down like a dog and kill you.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 05:09:32 PM by Ruger Rik »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5241 on: September 26, 2007, 12:35:59 PM »

If this trade goes down, I'm gonna hunt you down like a god and kill you.

Lol don't trip it's probably not gonna happen. Either Marion is using us to get what he wants (ie: Mo Williams with the Heat) or the talks will only lead to Mitch getting nervous and backing out (ie: B.Diddy, Boozer, Artest, Kidd, JO).

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5242 on: September 26, 2007, 02:08:27 PM »
Imo Odom + Bynum for JO would be better than Odom + Cook for Marion. At least JO is a big. Marion however is just a more athletic and less skilled version of Odom lol. Doesn't bring big change other than leaving Kobe with more work cause he would have to initiate even more. In other words if this trade goes down, Jim Buss is on Bynum's dick way too much, way too much.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5243 on: September 26, 2007, 02:21:01 PM »
Imo Odom + Bynum for JO would be better than Odom + Cook for Marion. At least JO is a big. Marion however is just a more athletic and less skilled version of Odom lol. Doesn't bring big change other than leaving Kobe with more work cause he would have to initiate even more. In other words if this trade goes down, Jim Buss is on Bynum's dick way too much, way too much.

You're over looking something real important. In terms of durability, Marion > Odom & J.O. They're both always injured. Odom is a great all around player, and he'd be excellent on another team, but he's not doing what we need him to do on the Lakers. In 3 years this guy has only has 3 seasons he only had 2 30 point games. Marion is much more consistent. Plus, now that we have Fisher we don't need Kobe to be the full time play maker. Besides, the triangle gives everyone a good amount of shots.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5244 on: September 26, 2007, 02:44:08 PM »

You're over looking something real important. In terms of durability, Marion > Odom & J.O. They're both always injured. Odom is a great all around player, and he'd be excellent on another team, but he's not doing what we need him to do on the Lakers. In 3 years this guy has only has 3 seasons he only had 2 30 point games. Marion is much more consistent. Plus, now that we have Fisher we don't need Kobe to be the full time play maker. Besides, the triangle gives everyone a good amount of shots.

Although likely, it's still speculation that JO will be injured and that Marion won't. Odom is already playing minutes as PF, you want Marion to that, too? That's sick. At this point, I'd do that trade, but only cause of the special situation the Lakers are in. But still, you're fooling yourself if you think that's a great trade.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5245 on: September 26, 2007, 03:22:12 PM »

Although likely, it's still speculation that JO will be injured and that Marion won't. Odom is already playing minutes as PF, you want Marion to that, too? That's sick. At this point, I'd do that trade, but only cause of the special situation the Lakers are in. But still, you're fooling yourself if you think that's a great trade.

Nah that trade would be great. Marion would take tons of pressure of Kobe defensively. He's a much more reliable 2nd scoring option. And he's just as good (if not better) of a rebounder than Odom and JO.

Kwame Brown / Andrew Bynum / Chris Mihm
Vladimir Radmanovic / Ronny Turiaf
Shawn Marion / Luke Walton
Kobe Bryant / Maurice Evans / Sasha Vujacic
Derek Fisher / Jordan Farmar / Javaris Crittenton

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5246 on: September 26, 2007, 05:17:36 PM »

Nah that trade would be great. Marion would take tons of pressure of Kobe defensively. He's a much more reliable 2nd scoring option. And he's just as good (if not better) of a rebounder than Odom and JO.

Are you saying you like your team with Radmanovic as the starter?? It's just disgusting, man.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5247 on: September 26, 2007, 06:41:50 PM »

Are you saying you like your team with Radmanovic as the starter?? It's just disgusting, man.

Well he was promised a starting role. I wouldn't mind him starting once he's more comfortable in the triangle. Besides, having him as the starting PF spreads the floor more and opens up lanes for Marion to slash.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5248 on: September 26, 2007, 06:50:34 PM »
I'll make that trade in a second, Lamar is fucking Bum 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5249 on: September 27, 2007, 12:54:21 AM »
Would Marion Now Welcome A Trade?

According to several Suns sources, Shawn Marion seems to be unhappy that the team will not talk about a contract extension.

Apparently Marion wants $60 million over three years. Marion, already the highest-paid Suns player, will make $16.4 million this season and $17.8 million for 2008-09.

Trade rumors might not bother Marion much anymore, because there are indications that he would welcome a deal.

The two top trade possibilities involve Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko, who is even more disgruntled with his team, and Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom and a teammate, possibly forward Brian Cook.

Lamar Odom + Brian Cook for Shawn Marion? C'mon God - atleast give me this!

I'm disgusted that you want to trade Lamar Odom for the 2nd coming of Ceballos. :puke: