Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287843 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5250 on: September 27, 2007, 12:57:52 AM »
I actually agree with Antonio and I know Nik will puke if Mitch pulls the trigger on this trade but to be honest I think it's time to try something ... Kobe and Lamar doesn't work as a combo , Lamar is inconsistent and injury prone ... Marion is rarely injured and despite he can't create his own , he still managed to put big numbers before the Nash era ... fact is Marion wants more touches and is frustrated with his role in Phoenix whereas he would be the 2nd option here ... the main drawback is we lost Lamar passing abilities .. besides that they're both very good rebounders, Lamar is a better defender at the 4 spot whereas Marion is a much better defender at the 3 ... if our power forward rotation would be deeper I wouldn't hesitate and play Marion as a SF but that trade would leave us with Turiaf and Vlad at the 4 , which is very weak ... though a Kobe-Marion could attract some players ala Chris Webber .. you never know ... at the end trading in the same division and improving the Suns isn't clever at all.. but not taking any risk isn't my type neither .. fact is we BETTER not fucking up the start of the season coz things could become quickly out of control ... and with the reports that Lamar may not be 100 % at the start of the season... anyways I still think the key is a Al Jefferson type of explosion from Andrew ...

Ok. I make you an example. I'd rather trade Odom AND Bynum for KG/JO/Kidd/Gasol than trading Odom+fillers for Marion. Marion won't make our team ready to contend. And i don't see a point trading Odom for a player who, just like him, ain't enought to turn the team into a contending one. Let's trade Bynum too, if necessary. But for a player who can make us contenders from day1.
fact all these trades can't be made ... Odom AND Bynum for Kidd ? Hell no ... JO is injury prone , Bynum + fillers for Gasol yep but I heard NOTHING about acquiring Gasol... not even pointless rumors  and by the way I still wonder why ... I'm not a fan at all of this trade BUT in 3 seasons Lamar hasn't CONSISTENLY delivered whatever the reason is (injuries , mental weakness ...) I like Lamar game  but dude is fucking frustrating  .. with the talent he has , he should be among the NBA top 10 players... do you want the same old shit for a 4th year in a row ? (by the way there are already reports it's unlikely he'll be 100% at the start of the season ..) ... yeah it's a risky trade but at this point I'd took it ... at least we would have tried something ... at worst we'll have the same level with Marion on the team

Same old shit? Lamar has been excellent in the past 1 1/2 seasons...His main fuck-ups were in unavoidable injuries.

Trading for Marion would be pathetic at this point.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5251 on: September 27, 2007, 12:59:42 AM »
Imo Odom + Bynum for JO would be better than Odom + Cook for Marion. At least JO is a big. Marion however is just a more athletic and less skilled version of Odom lol. Doesn't bring big change other than leaving Kobe with more work cause he would have to initiate even more. In other words if this trade goes down, Jim Buss is on Bynum's dick way too much, way too much.

You're over looking something real important. In terms of durability, Marion > Odom & J.O. They're both always injured. Odom is a great all around player, and he'd be excellent on another team, but he's not doing what we need him to do on the Lakers. In 3 years this guy has only has 3 seasons he only had 2 30 point games. Marion is much more consistent. Plus, now that we have Fisher we don't need Kobe to be the full time play maker. Besides, the triangle gives everyone a good amount of shots.

Although likely, it's still speculation that JO will be injured and that Marion won't. Odom is already playing minutes as PF, you want Marion to that, too? That's sick. At this point, I'd do that trade, but only cause of the special situation the Lakers are in. But still, you're fooling yourself if you think that's a great trade.

Nah that trade would be great. Marion would take tons of pressure of Kobe defensively. He's a much more reliable 2nd scoring option. And he's just as good (if not better) of a rebounder than Odom and JO.

Kwame Brown / Andrew Bynum / Chris Mihm
Vladimir Radmanovic / Ronny Turiaf
Shawn Marion / Luke Walton
Kobe Bryant / Maurice Evans / Sasha Vujacic
Derek Fisher / Jordan Farmar / Javaris Crittenton

Marion takes off pressure defensively? LOL! Dude always gets beat and picks up his weak-side steals and blocks to "make up" for it...He's a far from being considered a "good defender".

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5252 on: September 27, 2007, 01:20:05 PM »
Would Marion Now Welcome A Trade?

According to several Suns sources, Shawn Marion seems to be unhappy that the team will not talk about a contract extension.

Apparently Marion wants $60 million over three years. Marion, already the highest-paid Suns player, will make $16.4 million this season and $17.8 million for 2008-09.

Trade rumors might not bother Marion much anymore, because there are indications that he would welcome a deal.

The two top trade possibilities involve Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko, who is even more disgruntled with his team, and Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom and a teammate, possibly forward Brian Cook.

Lamar Odom + Brian Cook for Shawn Marion? C'mon God - atleast give me this!

I'm disgusted that you want to trade Lamar Odom for the 2nd coming of Ceballos. :puke:

If thats what you want to call him - bring on Cedric Jr.

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5253 on: September 27, 2007, 02:46:49 PM »
^^dudes a moron, IMO.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5254 on: September 27, 2007, 04:34:14 PM »
Suns Say Marion Deal Unlikely

A sampling of executives and agents said it is unlikely that the Phoenix Suns would move disgruntled forward Shawn Marion before Monday's mandatory reporting day.

After Monday, according to the Arizona Republic, it appears the Suns could stop exploring trade possibilities.

League insiders did not believe that Marion's trade request hurt the chance to move him. Two insiders said it might prompt more offers.

With Marion back, the Suns would be deemed a contender as long as the damage to team chemistry, a point of emphasis for new General Manager Steve Kerr, is minimized.

"It's a distraction if you let it be a distraction," Suns guard Raja Bell said shortly after coach Mike D'Antoni said, "Once we start playing basketball, it won't be a distraction."

One NBA executive did not believe that Marion's issues would be resolved, but Marion has played well with a chip on his shoulder.

C'mon Kerr...you owe Phil! Do it for him!

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5255 on: September 27, 2007, 05:09:55 PM »
I hope the Shawn Marion trade doesn't go through. This would be a horrendous trade.

Given the choice, I'd rather do the proposed LO/Bynum for JO trade before doing this, and the JO scenario doesn't exactly thrill me either.

I hope Mitch will have enough sense to say no to this.

For those that think this is a good idea, who's going to be the starting PF?
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5256 on: September 28, 2007, 04:14:13 PM »
Here's some more info about potential Lakers trades that could still go down. It was posted by a forum member so take it for what its worth, but it sounds pretty legit...

Hi,

Guys I just started a new job today and I was surprised to learn that Craig Hodges's son, Jibril Hodges is working with me. We started talking about his father and his playing days in the nba....and we talked about the lakers, because Cgraig Hodges is a special assistant for the team. Jibril told me he is himself a big laker fan and that he often talks about te situation of the team with his father. And he told me that Craig had told him that a lot of trade talks were goig on right now between Mitch Kupchpak and other teams....so here is what he told me:

- The Lakers and the Suns are discussing Odom + Cook for Marion, however Mitch feels that we are losing in that trade. So he tried to do Odom+Kwame+Cook for Marion+ Diaw. The Lakers feel that by getting Diaw they will compensate for Odom's passing. Jibril don't know if the suns will say yes but that's what his father talked about.

- The Lakers are also discussing with the Jazz about a Odom for Kirilenko straight up. One for one. The jazz proposed the deal but it seems the lakers won't accept it. They think Odom is way better. Craig Hodges said the Jazz therefore offered Kirilenko + Okur for Odom + Radman + Vujacic + BYNUM. There is nothing serious there but Mitch is thinking about it. He feels Okur+ Kirilenko+ Kobe+ Fisher+ Walton can be good

- Finally, obviously, there are still discussions with the Pacers about Jermaine O'Neal. The Lakers won't give up both Bynum and Odom for him. The Lakers offered Bynum + Radman + Vujacic + Kwame + Farmar. The Pacers are considering the deal because all the palyers except Radman are in their last year, so the Pacers would have 14 millions to spend next summer. However, nothing is done.

Now, Jibril said his father told him Kobe is pushing very hard for trades and changes. He met with Mitch this summer and told him he would come back if the team roster improved. If not, he would like to be traded. Mitch agreed and is thus testing the market for Kobe. Here is what the guy told me:

- Kobe wants to go to Chicago. The Bulls want to keep Deng and Hinrich. So they are offering Tyrus Thomas + Noha + Gordon + Ben Wallace. The Laker lineup would be Wallace, Odom, walton, gordon, fisher....Of course, Mitch wants to keep Bryant but he is analyzing the deal.

- Kobe wants to go to New York. New York is offering Crawford + Jeffries+ Curry + Lee and Balkman.....Laker lineup would be Curry, Odom, Walton, Crawford, Fisher...not that bad.

- Finally, Kobe wnats to go the Suns. Eventhough Mitch would never do a trade to a team in his own division, he is still talking. The suns don't wnat to give up nash and amare. They are offering Marion + Barbosa + Bell for Kobe + Radman....Lakers Lineup: Kwame + Odom + Marion + bell + barbosa.........

In conclusion, I just want to say that I don't want to create any false story....I am telling you what the guy told me. Maybe it's not true, i don't know.....I didn't belibe him when he told me he was Hodges's son, but he showed me pics that he had in his wallet.....

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5257 on: September 28, 2007, 04:30:41 PM »
I just checked all those trades on realgm. Looks like they all work number wise. Here's how each trade would work out...

Phoenix Deal
Andrew Bynum / Chris Mihm
Vladimir Radmanovic / Ronny Turiaf
Shawn Marion / Luke Walton / Boris Diaw

^ Pretty good. I'd probably do that

Utah Deal
Kwame Brown / Chris Mihm
Mehmet Okur / Ronny Turiaf / Brian Cook
Andrei Kirilenko / Luke Walton
Kobe Bryant / Maurice Evans

^ Fisher, Okur, and Kirilenko back together. Could that put us in the same position as last year's Jazz team?

Indiana Deal
Chris Mihm / Ronny Turiaf
Jermaine O'neal / Brian Cook
Lamar Odom / Luke Walton
Kobe Bryant / Maurice Evans
Derek Fisher / Javaris Crittenton

^ No no HELL NO! Although we'd get O'neal and keep Odom, our team got gutted!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5258 on: September 29, 2007, 10:31:23 AM »
^LMAO@believing the shithead who wrote all that...all those rumors are false. All those deals would suck ass too...I would only trade Odom for JO, straight up...That's about it though. Fuck AK, fuck Marion, fuck whoever else people are tryna throw at us for Odom...And FUCK the dumb rumors about the Suns, Bulls, and Knicks too...PeACe

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #5259 on: September 29, 2007, 01:07:46 PM »
looks like theres a strong chance kobe could be in a different uniform pretty soon
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5260 on: September 29, 2007, 01:54:55 PM »
Let's see if and how he shows up on monday.. can't wait.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5261 on: September 29, 2007, 08:18:51 PM »
I would only trade Odom for JO, straight up...That's about it though.

LMAO! You're delirious kid. Even if Indiana was dumb enough to do that, Odom's contract is still $20 million to short.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5262 on: September 30, 2007, 10:47:25 AM »

LMAO! You're delirious kid. Even if Indiana was dumb enough to do that, Odom's contract is still $20 million to short.

Exactly...which is why I wouldn't trade Odom. You're dumber than I though if you think we can get equal value for Odom.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5263 on: September 30, 2007, 06:01:21 PM »

Exactly...which is why I wouldn't trade Odom. You're dumber than I though if you think we can get equal value for Odom.

Equal value? Geee yeah I wonder where we can find an inconsistent underachiever to play in Los Angeles with Kobe?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5264 on: September 30, 2007, 06:03:52 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2007/09/30/2007-09-30_boston__la_are_centers_of_nba_once_again.html

Shawn Marion is only going to land with the Lakers if new Suns GM Steve Kerr is willing to take back Kwame Brown and Vlade Radmanovic. That's not happening, and the Suns aren't getting Lamar Odom for Marion, either.

No way in hell is Kerr going to go for that. Maybe to another team because thats actually not bad (they get a big 3 point shooter and a big expiring contract), but not to us. That would be a dope lineup tho...

Andrew Bynum / Chris Mihm
Lamar Odom / Ronny Turiaf / Brian Cook
Shawn Marion / Luke Walton