Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287113 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5265 on: October 01, 2007, 04:21:52 PM »
I would only trade Odom for JO, straight up...That's about it though.

LMAO! You're delirious kid. Even if Indiana was dumb enough to do that, Odom's contract is still $20 million to short.

Exactly...which is why I wouldn't trade Odom. You're dumber than I though if you think we can get equal value for Odom.

Equal value? Geee yeah I wonder where we can find an inconsistent underachiever to play in Los Angeles with Kobe?

Yea, because everyone knows that's all Odom is...an inconsistant underachiever ::) ... Not the most underrated and versatile player in the league who's still climbing the mountain to his prime...

Make sense, Baby G...Kobe loves Odom. Don't be stupid, Marion wouldn't have even returned for us in the playoffs if he had the same injury as Odom, neither would 99% of the league...Odom always owns Marion. Marion, the garbage man, would be confused as fuck in the triangle. He has no dribble, he can't run plays for himself or others, he can't defend 1-on-1, etc. etc...I can't believe you would trade Odom for him. :grumpy:

d-nice

« Reply #5266 on: October 01, 2007, 04:22:18 PM »
I am a big Marion fan being that he went to college out at UNLV but seriously I don't see him fitting in well with the Lakers. He excels with a pass first, set up point guard. He would be good with a Jason Kidd like point guard. He does not fit the Lakers game plan game in and game out. He is PERFECT for Phoenix but really does not fit with alot of other teams. He should just be easy and chill in Phoenix.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5267 on: October 01, 2007, 04:32:01 PM »
I am a big Marion fan being that he went to college out at UNLV but seriously I don't see him fitting in well with the Lakers. He excels with a pass first, set up point guard. He would be good with a Jason Kidd like point guard. He does not fit the Lakers game plan game in and game out. He is PERFECT for Phoenix but really does not fit with alot of other teams. He should just be easy and chill in Phoenix.

very true...dude depends on getting set up. no triangle for his ass...

I'd do the Kwame+VladRad trade though.

d-nice

« Reply #5268 on: October 01, 2007, 04:49:14 PM »

very true...dude depends on getting set up. no triangle for his ass...

I'd do the Kwame+VladRad trade though.

I would like to see how LA would do COMPLETELY healthy. I think alot of people are quick to say they need this and that, but every game I have watched when they are at full strength, they were giving teams the business. I don't know too many teams that could withstand that many injuries and still be contenders. There are only so many deals for them that actually make sense and Marion IMO is not one of them. Hell I even heard Chicago and there is NO WAY I would trade him for Deng or Gordon.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5269 on: October 01, 2007, 04:52:32 PM »

LMAO! You're delirious kid. Even if Indiana was dumb enough to do that, Odom's contract is still $20 million to short.

Exactly...which is why I wouldn't trade Odom. You're dumber than I though if you think we can get equal value for Odom.

Equal value? Geee yeah I wonder where we can find an inconsistent underachiever to play in Los Angeles with Kobe?

Yea, because everyone knows that's all Odom is...an inconsistant underachiever ::) ... Not the most underrated and versatile player in the league who's still climbing the mountain to his prime...

Make sense, Baby G...Kobe loves Odom. Don't be stupid, Marion wouldn't have even returned for us in the playoffs if he had the same injury as Odom, neither would 99% of the league...Odom always owns Marion. Marion, the garbage man, would be confused as fuck in the triangle. He has no dribble, he can't run plays for himself or others, he can't defend 1-on-1, etc. etc...I can't believe you would trade Odom for him. :grumpy:

Yeah Kobe loves Odom so much that he's given his approval of 3 trades this summer that would've led to Odom being dealt  ;D

Everyone say that but look at his number from the year after Kidd left Phoenix (the same year before Nash came). He still averaged 19.0 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.7 apg (season high), 2.1 spg, and 1.3 bpg. I guess thats thanks to the wonderful passing of Starbury, torn acl Penny Hardaway, and me first Barbosa right? Lol. Marion and Odom were in the same draft class, yet Marion has played 613 regular season games while Odom has only played 510. EWW!

Dude is a great all round guy but his inconsistency is whats killing the Lakers (along with stupid management, lack of defense, and a young talentless roster).

In other news:

A few pics from the Lakers media day are up...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/lal
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

d-nice

« Reply #5270 on: October 01, 2007, 05:04:22 PM »

Yeah Kobe loves Odom so much that he's given his approval of 3 trades this summer that would've led to Odom being dealt  ;D

Everyone say that but look at his number from the year after Kidd left Phoenix (the same year before Nash came). He still averaged 19.0 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.7 apg (season high), 2.1 spg, and 1.3 bpg. I guess thats thanks to the wonderful passing of Starbury, torn acl Penny Hardaway, and me first Barbosa right? Lol. Marion and Odom were in the same draft class, yet Marion has played 613 regular season games while Odom has only played 510. EWW!

Dude is a great all round guy but his inconsistency is whats killing the Lakers (along with stupid management, lack of defense, and a young talentless roster).

In other news:

I guess for me what I have yet to see is if Marion can score like that in a half court set. Even when Starbury was there Phoenix's pace was still uptempo. Lakers run but not half as much as the Suns so my thing is how would be do in those type of sets. He has not had to do it for long stretches during any part of his career. But the D, rebounding and everything else is there.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5271 on: October 01, 2007, 07:32:11 PM »
Video and pictures of Lakers media day

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers2oct02,1,3146871.story?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=3&cset=true

Side bar: TJ Simers is a piece of shiet. I love how he had all those negative opinions but didn't actually voice them to any of the players he shitted on.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5272 on: October 01, 2007, 09:47:06 PM »

In other news:

Bro..Marion is a garbage man...Always has been, always will be. No doubt, he'll get the numbers... but with very little talent. Dude is pure hustle and power. Get him in a system like the triangle and watch him look 10,000 times more lost than Odom ever has. Kobe will be even madder when Marion flops in our system, and Odom is en route to his first all-star game...This trade would be TERRIBLE. A shame you fail to see it, but not that surprising. In fact, the Gerald Wallace deal you were talking about earlier, though still dumb, sounded better than this.

Odom is a warrior. All his injuries have been unavoidable basketball injuries, not injuries because he's inury prone...and the fact that he's played through a lot of them should tell you something. Get ready to eat your words once again...Odom >>> Marion...PeACe

WC Iz Active

« Reply #5273 on: October 01, 2007, 09:50:43 PM »
Im a fan of Odom however,  imo    Marion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odom

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5274 on: October 01, 2007, 10:00:45 PM »
Im a fan of Odom however,  imo    Marion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odom

^Maybe you should add a few more >'s... ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5275 on: October 01, 2007, 10:03:40 PM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5276 on: October 01, 2007, 10:13:46 PM »

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #5277 on: October 01, 2007, 10:23:17 PM »
Somethings different about Kwame, did he get taller?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5278 on: October 01, 2007, 10:32:14 PM »

Naah, shorter.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5279 on: October 01, 2007, 11:25:06 PM »
You are joking, right? I can't believe he cut the braids. They were tight as hell.