Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288372 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5355 on: October 21, 2007, 12:22:23 PM »

wcsoldier

« Reply #5356 on: October 22, 2007, 10:30:22 AM »
Farmar looks READY to be a solid contributorv this year ... to be honest the only thing I'm worried about is  our D .. outside this "problem" , I see all the young players having a very good season

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5357 on: October 23, 2007, 10:16:38 PM »
The Lakers rehired former coach Rudy Tomjanovich in their scouting/player personnel department.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Citizen-Y

« Reply #5358 on: October 24, 2007, 06:55:41 PM »
The Lakers rehired former coach Rudy Tomjanovich in their scouting/player personnel department.

And you probably don't appreciate him!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5359 on: October 26, 2007, 10:41:05 PM »
This team is depressing. I don't understand how these same guys come back every year without making a single improvement. Turiaf & Walton are getting the job done. But Sasha won't work on improving his game. Cook won't improve on his rebounding or playing defense. Vlad is the same player he was in his rookie season. And I'm willing to bet my life that Odom comes back as the same old player he's alays been: a passive potential player who can't go right. Kwame looked great tonight but lets see how long this last (although I will admit he hasn't been as butterfinger-ish with the ball as he has in the past.

We could've really used Ricky Davis.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5360 on: October 30, 2007, 09:50:58 AM »
This team is depressing. I don't understand how these same guys come back every year without making a single improvement. Turiaf & Walton are getting the job done. But Sasha won't work on improving his game. Cook won't improve on his rebounding or playing defense. Vlad is the same player he was in his rookie season. And I'm willing to bet my life that Odom comes back as the same old player he's alays been: a passive potential player who can't go right. Kwame looked great tonight but lets see how long this last (although I will admit he hasn't been as butterfinger-ish with the ball as he has in the past.

What are you going on about? In one thread, you tell me not to judge players based on their pre-season play, and in another thread, you do exactly that...VladRad led us in scoring a few times this pre-season, he's definitely back to his old ways. Sasha has added to his arsenal, I saw him taking it to the hoop more this pre-season than he did in all of his first couple years in the league combined...Cook, I agree, is good for spot up shooting mostly when it comes to offense, but it looks to me like he's also tryna strengthen his defense... LOL@Ricky Davis in the triangle. :-X I'm cool with what we have...PeACe

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #5361 on: October 30, 2007, 09:55:17 AM »
Season opener tonight, putos.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5362 on: October 30, 2007, 10:02:27 AM »
I'm going to have to duck out of work early today.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5363 on: October 30, 2007, 12:57:55 PM »

What are you going on about? In one thread, you tell me not to judge players based on their pre-season play, and in another thread, you do exactly that...VladRad led us in scoring a few times this pre-season, he's definitely back to his old ways. Sasha has added to his arsenal, I saw him taking it to the hoop more this pre-season than he did in all of his first couple years in the league combined...Cook, I agree, is good for spot up shooting mostly when it comes to offense, but it looks to me like he's also tryna strengthen his defense... LOL@Ricky Davis in the triangle. :-X I'm cool with what we have...PeACe

Stop talking to me. You're a moron. This guy has the nerve to say "VladRad is back to his old ways" then laugh at me wanting Ricky Davis. Yeah why would I want an athletic 6-7 swingman who can score, make plays, and defend when we can have a 6-10 jumpshooter who does nothing else.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5364 on: October 30, 2007, 02:18:46 PM »
I'll watch todays match vs Houston at 6:30 am. See ya later for the comments.

GO LAKERS!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5365 on: October 30, 2007, 02:38:22 PM »
I'm excited for this season. Finally we can start talking about something that is actually happening (games and players preformances), instead of speculation (whose going to be traded, who is improving and who sucks, etc). I've tried to stay away from all these bull shit, IQ dropping, speculative topics since Kobe demanded to be traded, then said he want to stay (then say he wanted to be traded again).

Some predictions:

Brown - Will have great season if healthy (talk about a big "if").
Bryant - Kobe is Kobe. No more needs to be said.
Bynum - Will flourish if given the playing time.
Cook - Will get bench slivers.
Crittenton - Is going to ride the bench because of Phil Jackson
Evans - Will have flashes of brilliance, but still won't contribute too much.
Farmar - Will build upon last year and will show just how talented he is.
Fisher - Won't start half of the Lakers games.
Karl - Will go unoticed.
Mihm - Adds depth to the front court which will be needed with all the injuries that will likely occur to the team this season.
Odom - See Kwame Brown.
Radmanović - Can't really go anywhere but up, but still won't live up to his contract.
Turiaf - Will be a decent role player, but don't expect a break out year.
Vujačić - Will still be inconsistent.
Walton - See Andrew Bynum.

I can't wait for the season to progress and see how terrible my predictions were. ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5366 on: October 30, 2007, 02:45:17 PM »

Stop talking to me. You're a moron. This guy has the nerve to say "VladRad is back to his old ways" then laugh at me wanting Ricky Davis. Yeah why would I want an athletic 6-7 swingman who can score, make plays, and defend when we can have a 6-10 jumpshooter who does nothing else.

Moron, to get Ricky Davis, we woulda' had to trade someone like Odom or Bynum...Davis is not a triangle player. Try using your common sense for once, my small brained friend. Why would it be funny that VladRad is back to his old ways if he's healed from his injuries, you pessimistic fuck? If you wanna communicate, communicate...If you wanna be a dipshit, shut the fuck up...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5367 on: October 30, 2007, 06:17:55 PM »

Moron, to get Ricky Davis, we woulda' had to trade someone like Odom or Bynum...Davis is not a triangle player. Try using your common sense for once, my small brained friend. Why would it be funny that VladRad is back to his old ways if he's healed from his injuries, you pessimistic fuck? If you wanna communicate, communicate...If you wanna be a dipshit, shut the fuck up...PeACe

Listen, I'm glad you learned the word pessimistic from your word of the day calendar, but bottom line is, I'm not pessimistic. Its calling reality bitchboy.

In other lakers news...

Lakers And Pacers Talking About Jermaine Trade Again?

According to two league executives that spoke with David Aldridge, the Lakers and Pacers are once again discussing a Jermaine O'Neal trade.

In the summer, the two clubs discussed a trade where Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum would go to Indiana. The trade was nixed by the Lakers because they insisted on not including Bynum.

The Pacers still would like Bynum included, according to Aldridge who spoke with Donnie Walsh.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5368 on: October 30, 2007, 07:16:33 PM »

Listen, I'm glad you learned the word pessimistic from your word of the day calendar, but bottom line is, I'm not pessimistic. Its calling reality bitchboy.

In other lakers news...

Lakers And Pacers Talking About Jermaine Trade Again?

According to two league executives that spoke with David Aldridge, the Lakers and Pacers are once again discussing a Jermaine O'Neal trade.

In the summer, the two clubs discussed a trade where Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum would go to Indiana. The trade was nixed by the Lakers because they insisted on not including Bynum.

The Pacers still would like Bynum included, according to Aldridge who spoke with Donnie Walsh.

It seems like you're the one who just learned a new word, dumbass..:grumpy:

Get some help. You'll never succeed in life with your mind-state.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5369 on: October 30, 2007, 11:07:38 PM »
I need to see a re-play, but it looked like Fisher got robbed for that 3-pointer.

Great hustle plays at the end there by Luke.

Kobe: 45 Points, 8 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 4 Steals, 1 Block
Fisher: 17 Points, 1 Rebound, 2 Assists, 4 Steals

No one else was in double figures  :-X