Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286873 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5400 on: November 03, 2007, 12:30:20 PM »
Our D was on definetely on point and when everybody contribute we can become a very good team .. hopefully this gonna boost the confidence of our team and result in more wins ... anyways it feels great to beat the Suns ... and lol at Dantoni being sensitive

"The only interesting moment down the stretch came when Suns coach Mike D'Antoni became livid when Lakers coach Phil Jackson called a timeout, right after the Suns called one, with 4:55 to play and Phoenix trailing 111-78.

"Yeah, I was pretty upset," D'Antoni said. "I thought he disrespected our players. But he likes to play the mind games and that's fine. He might want to try to do it in playoff time when we bust them every year."

Mike overreacted. But he's an "italian" coach, and here they get hella upset when the rival caoch call a timeout with the game virtually over. It's seen as a disrespect to the opponents. It's something you just don't do. But he overreacted, he has no excuses.

WTF? LOL...Since when is it disrespectful to call a time out?

Like i said it's an italian/european thing, basically. And Mike D'Antoni played and coached in Italy a dozen of years.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5401 on: November 03, 2007, 12:38:35 PM »
I hope everyone who complained about us giving Fisher the MLE now see's his importance. For the bast 2 years he ran all over us because at PG we had a horrible defender who was also inconsistent on offense. Fisher is going to make him play both sides of the floor (lol @ Nash playing defense).

Now don't get me wrong, they're still the better team, but don't expect to see Nash dish out 20 assists and put up 20 points against Fisher. It's going to be one or the other from now on.

Man...You out of all people need to shut the fuck up. "I hope..." you hope what, muthafucka?...You're one of the main doubters who acted like we weren't capable of playing good basketball with this roster, so don't act like you're down now. You're not even a "Laker fan", you're a damn Mavs fan, so get the fuck outta here with that "everyone who compalined" BS...PeACe

I only give credit to SMART moves. Bringing Fisher back was always a smart move. You don't hear me braggin about Radmanovic, or us extending Cook & Kwame. Die slow and get off my nuts.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5402 on: November 03, 2007, 01:21:03 PM »
I've got to out my foot in my mouth about Fisher. I thought he was going to be the next Aaron McKie for the Lakers.
Such a nice ass whoopin' by the way.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5403 on: November 03, 2007, 03:22:53 PM »
I hope everyone who complained about us giving Fisher the MLE now see's his importance. For the bast 2 years he ran all over us because at PG we had a horrible defender who was also inconsistent on offense. Fisher is going to make him play both sides of the floor (lol @ Nash playing defense).

Now don't get me wrong, they're still the better team, but don't expect to see Nash dish out 20 assists and put up 20 points against Fisher. It's going to be one or the other from now on.

Man...You out of all people need to shut the fuck up. "I hope..." you hope what, muthafucka?...You're one of the main doubters who acted like we weren't capable of playing good basketball with this roster, so don't act like you're down now. You're not even a "Laker fan", you're a damn Mavs fan, so get the fuck outta here with that "everyone who compalined" BS...PeACe

I only give credit to SMART moves. Bringing Fisher back was always a smart move. You don't hear me braggin about Radmanovic, or us extending Cook & Kwame. Die slow and get off my nuts.

I take it you didn't see Radmanovic last night, dickhead... Either way, I'm talking about us as a team. You've shown no pride or unity. It's just funny to see you tryna ride with us..PeACe
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 03:24:31 PM by Now_I_Know »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5404 on: November 03, 2007, 04:17:05 PM »

I take it you didn't see Radmanovic last night, dickhead... Either way, I'm talking about us as a team. You've shown no pride or unity. It's just funny to see you tryna ride with us..PeACe

LMAO you are by far the most pathetic piece of shiet to ever be born. This nigga said "tryna ride with us". The Lakers won 1 game! Its no a playoff series or even a game for that matter. This team still isn't good. I root for them regardless, I'm just not a mindless prick like you who forces myself to believe we're better than we are.

Oh and for the record, if I was gonna be a fake fan, I'd be a fake fan of a team that actually has a realistic chance of winning a title (San Antonio, Boston, Dallas)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5405 on: November 03, 2007, 04:41:23 PM »
^^Being a dickless, pessimistic schmuck who trashes all of our players on a daily basis doesn't equate to being "realistic"...Antonio is realistic. Ted is realistic. wcsoldier is realistic. You're a jackass.

If you ever sported an avatar like Ted's, it would be pure comedy.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5406 on: November 03, 2007, 06:15:34 PM »
No whats funny is that even in his avatar Kwame is dropping the ball  :P

wcsoldier

« Reply #5407 on: November 04, 2007, 02:05:09 AM »
Very good test against Utah .. hopefully Fisher can limit Deron (well he trained with him last year so he knows his game well..) and Kwame D against Boozer will be a key too .. on the offensive end , Kobe has (will) to take advantage on the main Utah weakness i.e the inability to defend the SG position and Andrew can use his size too (as he did against the undersized  Suns)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5408 on: November 04, 2007, 09:05:08 PM »
Where the non-believers at? 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5409 on: November 04, 2007, 09:37:07 PM »
That was the funnest game to watch so far. Great team effort. Bynum really bulcked up.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5410 on: November 04, 2007, 10:16:33 PM »
Kobe owns AK47

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OLfBx3BTdA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3OLfBx3BTdA</a>

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5411 on: November 04, 2007, 10:41:33 PM »
Kobe owns AK47

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OLfBx3BTdA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3OLfBx3BTdA</a>

Another great block to add to Kobe's repertoire.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5412 on: November 04, 2007, 11:58:12 PM »
anyone else notice how kobe has been working really hard of the ball this year?I think its because we have a true PG that understands how to run the fucking triangle offense.I love the way we have played all 3 games this season and cannot wait until Odom gets back to see what our team really will be.Fisher has truely been a big ass asset to the lakers and im fucking glad he is back where he belongs.Next will be in LA vs the Hornets which is another tuff game but we should be able to handle them. 8)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #5413 on: November 05, 2007, 02:39:00 AM »
Sometimes I wonder if Odom will slow this team down right now????
don't get me wrong Odom is my dude, but the chemestry will change once dude is back.
I just hope it don't go back to only him & kobe cause that shit just don't work.

Sofar the lakers looking real good.
Uptempo + Speed, just kill those fucking fouls & forced turnovers and we are straight.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5414 on: November 05, 2007, 09:35:47 AM »
Sometimes I wonder if Odom will slow this team down right now????
don't get me wrong Odom is my dude, but the chemestry will change once dude is back.
I just hope it don't go back to only him & kobe cause that shit just don't work.

Sofar the lakers looking real good.
Uptempo + Speed, just kill those fucking fouls & forced turnovers and we are straight.

I think as long as Fish is leading the direction of the PG's, and the PG's know how to push the tempo, then the Lakers will be fine. That's their main problem, not know when and where to push tempo and when and where to kick back and slow it down. The PG's since Fish left all tried to hard. That trade for Kidd would have been great last year, but now we got Fish without losing anyone. That's a nice trade. Farmer is coming along nice, and if Kobe still wants to ride, the team will be in a great spot to be in the playoffs a little deeper than last year. Odom should only add to the team, because his not point foward anymore.