Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287660 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5460 on: November 16, 2007, 01:27:12 PM »
NO

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5461 on: November 16, 2007, 01:35:36 PM »
And now for our daily Rick Bucher Kobe update...

Bill Simmons' new podcast features Marc Stein AND Rich Bucher. When the topic of Jermaine O'neal comes up, Stein thinks that a team with Kobe as the main scorer and O'neal as a second option and defensive anchor can win a championship. On the topic of Kobe, Bucher goes on to say that from what he's been hearing lately, he's not sure now that Kobe wouldn't be satisfied if the team picked up O'neal without giving up both Bynum and Odom. Bucher goes on to say that Kobe "might be" reconsidering his options based on how poor Chicago is playing, and also how good Bynum looks.

A few days ago Stephen A. Smith said he's hearing that both the Lakers and Kobe are "softening" up on the trade talk. Now Rick Bucher is saying so too. Thats great news cuz both of those guys are friends with Kobe so they would know. Jermaine O'neal looks horrible but if his asking price went down I'd be more than happy to send Odom + fillers for him.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5462 on: November 16, 2007, 02:52:53 PM »

Bill Simmons' new podcast features Marc Stein AND Rich Bucher. When the topic of Jermaine O'neal comes up, Stein thinks that a team with Kobe as the main scorer and O'neal as a second option and defensive anchor can win a championship. On the topic of Kobe, Bucher goes on to say that from what he's been hearing lately, he's not sure now that Kobe wouldn't be satisfied if the team picked up O'neal without giving up both Bynum and Odom. Bucher goes on to say that Kobe "might be" reconsidering his options based on how poor Chicago is playing, and also how good Bynum looks.

A few days ago Stephen A. Smith said he's hearing that both the Lakers and Kobe are "softening" up on the trade talk. Now Rick Bucher is saying so too. Thats great news cuz both of those guys are friends with Kobe so they would know. Jermaine O'neal looks horrible but if his asking price went down I'd be more than happy to send Odom + fillers for him.

I wouldn't send Odom for JO if we had to give up Bynum, Farmar, Luke, Turiaf or Critt as well...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5463 on: November 16, 2007, 06:21:57 PM »

I wouldn't send Odom for JO if we had to give up Bynum, Farmar, Luke, Turiaf or Critt as well...

After seeing how well Farmar improved I wouldn't mind trading Crittenton. But not for JO. Indiana already got turned down by us and New Jersey. They better hurry up and take Odom + Kwame's huge expiring contract or wait till O'neal walks in a year and get left with nothing.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5464 on: November 16, 2007, 09:55:12 PM »
Farmar for Governor! Odom for Mayor!

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5465 on: November 16, 2007, 10:17:55 PM »
We had to show Detroit what time it was.....
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5466 on: November 16, 2007, 11:28:27 PM »
A win is a win, but the Pistons were playing without Billups and McDyess.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5467 on: November 16, 2007, 11:37:47 PM »
Maybe weirdass Marbury as an option for the Lakers? NY might buy his ass out soon. LA could sign him for a minimum deal then maybe.
LOL. You're funny. :laugh:

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5468 on: November 17, 2007, 11:50:53 AM »
A win is a win, but the Pistons were playing without Billups and McDyess.

They are still a good team without them though... Prince, Hamilton and Wallace alone can give teams the blues.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5469 on: November 17, 2007, 01:06:06 PM »
Farmar for Governor! Odom for Mayor!

Coming from a guy who talks mad shit about Odom non-stop and was hoping we'd trade Farmar just this off-season... ::)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5470 on: November 18, 2007, 06:25:18 PM »
^ Farmar proved me wrong (wish I could say the same for everyone else). I still would like to see Odom traded. He had a good game but don't get carried away. He never has and never will be consistent. Maybe if he learns Farmar's work ethic I can eat these words.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5471 on: November 18, 2007, 08:03:17 PM »
^ Farmar proved me wrong (wish I could say the same for everyone else). I still would like to see Odom traded. He had a good game but don't get carried away. He never has and never will be consistent. Maybe if he learns Farmar's work ethic I can eat these words.

LOL@averging 15-10-5 for three straight seasons not being consistant. :grumpy:

Turiaf, Farmar, Radman, Evans, Fisher are all playing their roles extremely well.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5472 on: November 18, 2007, 08:28:50 PM »
I'm still pinching myself to see if I am not dreaming about the play from our bench players....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5473 on: November 18, 2007, 08:39:31 PM »
I knew we were capable of this from the beginning. Believe in your team. 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5474 on: November 18, 2007, 09:04:48 PM »

LOL@averging 15-10-5 for three straight seasons not being consistant. :grumpy:

Turiaf, Farmar, Radman, Evans, Fisher are all playing their roles extremely well.

Lamar has only averaged 10 once in his career and that was the season he only played 64 games. He's way too talented to never have averaged 20 a season.

As far as Turiaf, Farmar, Rad, and Fisher - I agree.

Congratulations Farmar, new career high in assists. That should be changing soon tho.