Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287399 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5655 on: December 17, 2007, 12:22:29 PM »
To play a Spurs team without Duncan and Parker in the line up and barely pull out a win is horrible. The Lakers are not looking too solid right now... even though they just won. A Ginobli/Bowen lead Spurs came close to beating the Lakers, imagine if Parker or Duncan played (Or both). Lakers gotta step it up...

LMAO@came close...What the hell are you talking about? Lakers controlled tempo the whole way through, and Bynum was ejected as well, so it's not like we even played with a full roster....

Lakers are playing good basketball. Knowing Phil Jackson, by March it'll be GREAT basketball.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

Sparegeez

« Reply #5657 on: December 17, 2007, 03:05:57 PM »
To play a Spurs team without Duncan and Parker in the line up and barely pull out a win is horrible. The Lakers are not looking too solid right now... even though they just won. A Ginobli/Bowen lead Spurs came close to beating the Lakers, imagine if Parker or Duncan played (Or both). Lakers gotta step it up...

Lakers are playing good basketball. Knowing Phil Jackson, by March it'll be GREAT basketball.

Yeah, just like last year huh? :)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5658 on: December 17, 2007, 03:33:04 PM »

Yeah, just like last year huh? :)

Hopefully, we don't have the same injury wreck we had last season.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5659 on: December 17, 2007, 07:45:21 PM »
that was a another fun game to watch by the Lakers the other night vs the CLippers.The bench took over the second half Kobe was Kobe.Let see where our mindset is at this week with a few road games upcoming.They better win at least 2 of them.

SGV

« Reply #5660 on: December 17, 2007, 09:38:24 PM »

LMAO@came close...What the hell are you talking about? Lakers controlled tempo the whole way through, and Bynum was ejected as well, so it's not like we even played with a full roster....

Are you saying that the Lakers missing Andrew Bynum for a quarter and half is = to the Spurs missing Duncan and Parker for an entire game? That is hardly a case IMO. The fact that you would use that as a crutch is rather comical and says a lot about how the Lakers performed in that game.

wcsoldier

« Reply #5661 on: December 18, 2007, 01:24:11 AM »

Are you saying that the Lakers missing Andrew Bynum for a quarter and half is = to the Spurs missing Duncan and Parker for an entire game? That is hardly a case IMO. The fact that you would use that as a crutch is rather comical and says a lot about how the Lakers performed in that game.
We usually suck against injured team (remember the blowout against less Okur-Boozer- Jazz) .. it's a "symptom" of a young team which enters a game unfocused and takes the W for granted..  at least we still managed to win , I'm sure last year we would have lost this one ... don't judge the Lakers on this game .. we are playing good.. we have shown progress in beating the teams we are supposed to beat , even if we still have given away 2, 3 games.. I'm confident about acquiring a 4th -5th spot at the end of the regular season

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5662 on: December 18, 2007, 12:10:51 PM »

Phil Jackson said the same thing I did after the game...Lakers were left with NO CENTERS. Kwame was already injured and Bynum being taken out was crucial to the game plan. At least Popovich got to set up his game plan knowing Duncan and Parker would be out, and he had replacements at both positions...I'm not tryna put the setbacks on a certain level, but a setback is a setback. A win is a win. Lakers are playing very good basketball, despite key injuries...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5663 on: December 18, 2007, 08:09:18 PM »
I missed the game but I got back in time to catch Sasha's post-game interview. Looks like he was lights out tonight.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #5664 on: December 19, 2007, 01:47:17 AM »
The Machine is becoming something serious .. props to Sasha , he got bashed many times before by Lakers fans , including me but looks like he's playing with great confidence and well his shot form is great so he knocks Js down ... Kobe should rest until Next Tuesday , he's more a liability than anything else right now

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5665 on: December 19, 2007, 10:20:43 AM »
I'm one of the few people who knew what Sasha was capable of...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5666 on: December 20, 2007, 07:46:41 PM »
I like how James came through with them clutch FTs against Kobe.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5667 on: December 20, 2007, 08:03:44 PM »
That was terrible...we shoulda destroyed them. WAY too many 2nd chance points.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5668 on: December 20, 2007, 08:15:07 PM »
horrible loss. our coaching staff failed big time in the 4th quarter when the cavs gained the lead on the bench mob and nobody called a fuckin time-out. someone should have also reminded sasha vujacic that he's still a role player, he shouldve tried to find bynum in the paint instead of  trying to take over.

bynum missing his last two free throws cost us big. if he hit the first one, kobe wouldnt have settled for that terrible 3 pointer.

also, bullshit foul called on fish which cost us the chance to tie it. fuckin boobie gibson runs into fisher and faggot ass refs, unsurprisingly, call loose ball on fish.

SGV

« Reply #5669 on: December 20, 2007, 08:37:10 PM »
Yeah, that foul at the end was sketchy. But, as poor as the Lakers were playing at the end, who knows if they would've hit that shot to tie.