Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287406 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5700 on: December 25, 2007, 11:00:52 PM »
that was said in reference to one of my posts on the Ariza/Dunk thread...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5701 on: December 26, 2007, 12:05:47 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1v6OIFNme6w&amp;rel=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1v6OIFNme6w&amp;rel=1</a>

"He reminds me of my bad self when I was ballin' at 23 years old." - Michael Cooper

He said this during the postgame highlights/interview show with Rob Fukuzaki on ABC. Come to think of it, they are pretty similar.

Coop, as we all know, was a terrific defender. Ariza is also a terrific defender. He reads the passing lanes very well. He anticipates passes really well. Great instincts as far as defense goes. I knew he was versatile, as far as physical tools go, but I didn't think he was this advanced as far as his mentality goes.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5702 on: December 26, 2007, 02:07:20 AM »
Go Lakers! 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5703 on: December 26, 2007, 12:08:27 PM »
You were there? That explains the "Phoenix Sucks" chants near the end of the game. Only a handful of people could have started that fire, and I was sitting at home.  8)

Yup...Me and a few other people started that. Hahahaha.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5704 on: December 26, 2007, 12:10:48 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1v6OIFNme6w&amp;rel=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1v6OIFNme6w&amp;rel=1</a>

"He reminds me of my bad self when I was ballin' at 23 years old." - Michael Cooper

He said this during the postgame highlights/interview show with Rob Fukuzaki on ABC. Come to think of it, they are pretty similar.

Coop, as we all know, was a terrific defender. Ariza is also a terrific defender. He reads the passing lanes very well. He anticipates passes really well. Great instincts as far as defense goes. I knew he was versatile, as far as physical tools go, but I didn't think he was this advanced as far as his mentality goes.

Yea...Now if only Ariza can develop a three-ball like Coops.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5705 on: December 26, 2007, 12:15:04 PM »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5706 on: December 26, 2007, 03:36:05 PM »
I love that "nuts in the face" dunk. What were the Magic thinking in giving up Ariza?

Lakers: Better player, less money, extra roster spot
Magic: ???

Yall think 1-3 are good odds that the Lakers will win the Pacific?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5707 on: December 26, 2007, 03:59:43 PM »
What were the Magic thinking in giving up Ariza?

Lakers: Better player, less money, extra roster spot
Magic: ???

I still can't believe that really happened. They gave us a young athletic swingman who can defend, slash, and finish around the basket for a flat footed 3 point chucker who scratches his head whenever the words rebound and defense are mentioned and a guy who misses open layups! God bless Otis Smith. I wonder if he'd give us Turkoglu for Radmanovic.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5708 on: December 26, 2007, 05:08:15 PM »
Mitch Kupchak out-suckering another GM? This is like Charlie Brown finally kicking a fuckin' field goal....
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #5709 on: December 27, 2007, 07:22:26 PM »
Mitch Kupchak out-suckering another GM? This is like Charlie Brown finally kicking a fuckin' field goal....

LoL.. 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5710 on: December 28, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »
Trevor Is Adjusting After Trade

Uncertainty and apprehension appeared in the Lakers' locker room soon after the trade was announced.

The move that brought Trevor Ariza to the Lakers and sent Brian Cook and Maurice Evans to Orlando was met last month with raised eyebrows, even genuine concern, by players who thought the success of the Lakers' second unit could be affected by losing two peripheral contributors.

That unease has gradually faded.

Ariza responded to his first start as a Laker with 14 points, seven rebounds and a memorable dunk over Grant Hill in the Lakers' 122-115 victory on Tuesday over Phoenix.

Ariza's minutes have risen in recent games, while Evans and Cook have seen a decrease in their playing time with the Magic. Evans had one point in six minutes on Wednesday against New York, and Cook did not get onto the court for a fifth consecutive game.

Evans is averaging 6.2 points in 18.6 minutes a game with Orlando, and Cook is averaging two points in 6.2 minutes.

Ariza is averaging 5.8 points and 14.2 minutes since joining the Lakers.

The Lakers' players found out about the Nov. 20 trade a few minutes before boarding the team bus in Indianapolis to play the Pacers.

"Super surprising, man," was how Andrew Bynum put it at the time. Bynum was close friends with Evans, and Luke Walton was tight with Cook.

Coach Phil Jackson felt compelled to talk to the team when the trade was announced, serving up a reminder that basketball is also a business.

On Thursday, Jackson seemed to be pleased with Ariza, saying "It's still a little bit of a crash course for him, but he's doing well."

After Ariza dunked over Hill, a solitary voice from the courtside seats could be heard over the din of the crowd.

"Hey, Grant, will you sign my poster?" a fan yelled derisively.

Ariza, who played at Westchester High and one season at UCLA, said he felt more settled with the Lakers with every passing day.

"Since I've been here, I'm getting my confidence back and starting to be more comfortable," he said.

In addition to working out well on the court, the trade saved the Lakers about $6 million over the next three seasons and could potentially save them $9.1 million if Ariza opts out of his contract in July.

The Lakers would love to forget their last game against tonight's opponent, Utah, which stuck them with a numbing 120-96 loss despite playing without injured starters Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur on Nov. 30.

Point guard Deron Williams shredded the Lakers for a career-high 35 points and forward Andrei Kirilenko was everywhere, compiling 20 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, six steals and four blocked shots.

"These guys are trying to forget it, but I'm going to make them watch tape of it," Jackson said.

Center Kwame Brown practiced Thursday, but it didn't sound as if he would play tonight.

"He looks old and decrepit even though he's a young man," Jackson said. "He's still not ready for it."

Brown has sat out 19 games because of a sprained left knee and ankle.

Walton did not practice Thursday and could miss a third straight game because of a sprained right ankle.

Wanna know how Orlando Magic fans feel? Lol please read...

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=740321&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5711 on: December 28, 2007, 01:05:56 PM »
The Magic were looking for a catch and shoot guy who can knock down open 3pointers and shit. With Howard beasting in the paint, it is not that annoying to have a bad defender who can't post up well despite of his size.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5712 on: December 28, 2007, 08:43:10 PM »
Man this is beautiful basketball!

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #5713 on: December 28, 2007, 09:25:22 PM »
Yo Kobe is my Dude, But I bet he wishes he could take back all that shit!!!
We on track.

Doggystylin

« Reply #5714 on: December 28, 2007, 10:19:19 PM »
is it me or does it seem like we have a tougher schedule than the rest of the west, like new orleans and phoenix, look at their schedules and then look at ours