Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287929 times)

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5730 on: December 30, 2007, 09:31:28 PM »
 :puke:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5731 on: December 30, 2007, 09:43:04 PM »
Yeah this was pretty damn disgusting. I'd rather watch a Soul Plane marathon.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #5732 on: December 30, 2007, 10:08:44 PM »
Terrible effort .. but hey Fuck the Celtics all day long .. wtf is KG thinking to scream "get that shit outta here"  up by 20 with 3 min left.. I'm glad Lamar reacted and beats Allen ass down .... and lol at Rivers tryin to push the lead .. how disrespectful is that  :-X... they shouldn't forget how bad they were for a long time

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5733 on: December 30, 2007, 10:24:08 PM »
1. Fisher's has a beautful shot. He gets high, his form is perfect and he fallows through.
2. The refs are acting like homos.
3. Speaking of homo, their's a reason the NBA no longer have those short-shorts anymore. 
4. I had no doubt in my mind that the Lakers were going to lose when they were down by 18 in the 4th and Phil was still playing the reserves.
5. Hopefully this motivates the Lakers and makes them realize that they still have a ways to go.

Elano

« Reply #5734 on: December 31, 2007, 12:10:56 AM »
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Wearing short shorts and having Hall of Famer Jerry West in the building didn't do much to help the Los Angeles Lakers revive their storied rivalry with the Boston Celtics.

The Celtics are just too good these days.

With Boston's big three -- Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen -- leading the way, the Celtics overwhelmed Kobe Bryant and the Lakers 110-91 on Sunday night.

Pierce scored 33, Garnett had 22 points, 12 rebounds and six assists, and Allen scored 19. Even Tony Allen got into the act, chipping in with 16 points while filling in for Rajon Rondo.

Bryant scored 22 for Los Angeles, going just 6-of-25 from the floor. Lamar Odom had 14 points and 10 rebounds.

"They're one of the elite teams. They're at the next level," Bryant said. "They're at the level we're trying to get to, and the challenge is there for us -- do we want to stay in this middle pack, or do we want to get to that next level?

"And that requires for us to kind of double the work load."

The Lakers introduced West as their honorary captain before the game, showed highlights from past players in the storied matchup, and wore throwback, short shorts for the first half.

Boston coach Doc Rivers enjoyed the big screen video.

"I don't know if it spurred anyone on, but I hope it gave everyone a history lesson in some ways. I thought it was a really classy move, and really cool to watch," he said.

As for the shorts, which looked particularly outdated in contrast to the Celtics' knee-length attire, Rivers said, "I think it played in our favor, the atmosphere, because they had to get it from somewhere, and maybe those shorts helped us."

He smiled and added, "I told Kobe, the one thing I know from this point on, our generation had better bodies than their generation, because they looked horrible in those shorts."

Bryant wasn't thrilled about wearing the old-time shorts.

"I don't know what it feels like to wear a thong, but I imagine it feels something like what we had on in the first half," he said with a grin. "I felt violated. I felt naked. It's one thing to see films with guys wearing those things. ... I'd rather stay warm, man."

Boston took the lead in the first quarter and never relinquished it. Each time the Lakers threatened, the Celtics pulled away again.

The victory in the final of two meetings between the teams this season ran Boston's NBA-best record to 26-3 and extended its winning streak to six straight, including all victories on the just-completed four-game road trip.

The defeat ended a four-game winning streak by the Lakers, who still have won 10 of their last 13.

The Celtics prevented Lakers coach Phil Jackson from moving ahead of Boston Hall of Fame coach Red Auerbach on the career wins ladder. Jackson remained tied with Auerbach for seventh on the all-time list with 938 victories.

There obviously was a lot of emotion during the game -- and a lot of jawing at the referees, who called seven technical fouls at different junctures: on the Celtics' Garnett, Kendrick Perkins, Ray Allen and coach Rivers; and the Lakers' Bryant, Trevor Ariza and Kwame Brown.

Odom also was called for a flagrant foul late in the game, with Ray Allen drawing his technical on the same play.

Allen said of that brief tangle, "I don't know what Odom was thinking. I got the rebound and he tackled me. I know this is Sunday, but this is the wrong field."

Rivers didn't think most of the technicals were caused by physical play.

"I thought it was just chippy," he said. "I thought everyone was excited, both the teams and the refs. The refs were just trying to get everybody to calm down."

Pierce said, "Guys are going to come out and try and talk us out of our games. We know we have a big red target on our back and everybody wants to beat the Celtics. We have the best record in the league and we have to be ready mentally and not get caught up in those little games."

Garnett left the game briefly in the second quarter to get four stitches above his right eye.

Los Angeles, which trailed by double digits much of the game, narrowed the gap to 72-66 with 3:17 left in the third quarter, but Pierce scored 10 points in a row to give the Celtics an 82-66 lead at the end of the period.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5735 on: December 31, 2007, 09:43:01 AM »
^The Celtics aren't "too good"...The Lakers sucked ass last night.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5736 on: December 31, 2007, 01:24:30 PM »
Terrible effort .. but hey Fuck the Celtics all day long .. wtf is KG thinking to scream "get that shit outta here"  up by 20 with 3 min left.. I'm glad Lamar reacted and beats Allen ass down .... and lol at Rivers tryin to push the lead .. how disrespectful is that  :-X... they shouldn't forget how bad they were for a long time

lamar is a fucking punk, youd think he wants to play on the LA Rams not LA Lakers.  you dont do that shit in the NBA.  i hope david sperm suspends him a paycheck.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #5737 on: December 31, 2007, 02:26:17 PM »
nope kobe sucked ass and when that happens against an elite team... u know the result

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5738 on: December 31, 2007, 02:43:27 PM »
the whole team was off, not just kobe... lots of easy shots missed by all.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #5739 on: December 31, 2007, 03:10:07 PM »

lamar is a fucking punk, youd think he wants to play on the LA Rams not LA Lakers.  you dont do that shit in the NBA.  i hope david sperm suspends him a paycheck.

yeah that was a cheap shot, lamar at that point was being a sore loser and pissed off that he got his shit blocked by KG
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

The Watcher

« Reply #5740 on: December 31, 2007, 04:30:52 PM »

<-
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5741 on: December 31, 2007, 10:10:47 PM »

yeah that was a cheap shot, lamar at that point was being a sore loser and pissed off that he got his shit blocked by KG

Can you blame him? They were beating us by 20 something points and STILL had KG and Ray Allen on the floor. For what? The game was decided. Thats one thing I admire (no homo) about Odom, he's always there to make those statement fouls, he's always backing up his teammates in altercations, and he's alway starring down / talking shiet to the other teams superstar. Thats the kind of attitude you need out there. Don't get me wrong, I don't want us to turn into a bunch of Rasheed Wallaces but I always respect the statement fouls.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #5742 on: January 01, 2008, 02:41:16 AM »
Dumb or not , Lamar was defending Lakers pride.. a statement was needed .. you can't let the other team up by 20 on your court keep trashtalking .. especially when it's Boston .. good move Lamar

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5743 on: January 01, 2008, 04:35:47 AM »
nigga will get socked by KG in the next game

cant blame the celtics for not respecting the lakers in that game
you guys already forget that shorts thingy?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #5744 on: January 01, 2008, 04:59:03 AM »
Have you already forgotten Celtics suck for the last 20 years ? Let's see if they keep trashtalking Saturday after losing to Detroit for the 2nd time