Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287192 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5895 on: January 17, 2008, 12:04:25 AM »
PJ Brown is not interested in coming back .. apparently only a huge amount of money i.e MLE would convince him to play again .. sign Webber ASAP ... we need another big man plain and simple .. Vlad is out for another 2 weeks  :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5896 on: January 17, 2008, 10:50:52 AM »
I'm Warming up to a Possibility of having C.Webb, fuck it how can it hurt.
If anything it will be just like having a smaller Kwame but with handles and Passing Ability and
a spot-up 20Ft Jumper, wait a minute, Yo Mitch Call up Webber Bro!!

I wonder what Type of condition dude is in?

I rather have Kwame than Webber right now. Kwame's post defense >>> Anything Webber brings to the table.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5897 on: January 17, 2008, 10:57:52 AM »
I wouldn't mind having Webber coming off the bench. He could provide some much needed extra scoring.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5898 on: January 17, 2008, 10:58:57 AM »
Name another Player that can take it there whenever he wants to?
And this includes Michael Jordan.

Kobe is on another plane when it comes to scoring.

Obviously my comments were not to be taken literally. It's just very obvious that the Lakers are a much better team with Kobe going for 15 attempts and Bynum dominating, with a productive bench contributing. Kobe impressing niggas with his offensive abilities will not cut in for the Lakers in the long run. Fact. Let's see how they adapt to Bynum's absence.

Of course a balanced offense is gunna be much more effective than an unbalanced one. It's called common sense.

Thank you. That is also why it's common sense that Kobe is a faggot if he keeps scoring 50 points per game.

You're the dumbest dude alive if you're not joking. When there is no balance in the Laker offense, Kobe takes over. Watch the games, homie.

Me being the dumbest dude alive? You must be the dumbest dude alive, if you're not joking. I might have reached a little with my statement, but you're reaching for the stars with that statement, buddy.

Webber will become a problem when Bynum comes back. Dude will not willingly warm the bench for the minimum, that's for fucking sure.

Again, saying "it's common sense that Kobe is a faggot if he scores 50 points a game" when it's become obvious that he does it as a last resort is extremely dumb.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5899 on: January 17, 2008, 11:06:12 AM »
Webber's New Home? The Los Angeles Lakers were rocked by the knee injury to Andrew Bynum. While eight weeks sounds like a long time, the franchise is just happy the damage was not nearly as serious as it could have been.

The timeline for Bynum's recovery is padded to make sure Bynum is completely sound before returning. Don't be surprised if he's not itching to get back on the court in five weeks or so.

In Bynum's absence the Lakers appear close to signing free agent Chris Webber.

Word is that the Lakers have reached out and a source close to the situation says that Webber has responded positively. While he still is going through the motions of courtship, there's a good chance he ends up a Laker in the coming week.

Webber had a long list of teams that he was supposedly in negotiation with but the Detroit Pistons and Orlando Magic have both publicly made indications that he's not a consideration.  Apparently Webber would rather play for a contender in LA than a team like the Miami HEAT who are no longer an attractive option considering their record.

With word breaking that Vladimir Radmanovic may be out a couple more weeks (ankle), the Lakers certainly need the help.  Webber can play either power forward or center.  LA only has 14 on the roster so waiving a player is not an issue.

While the Lakers are still awaiting Webber's decision - it looks like it's just a matter of time before he joins the squad.

The Lakers have also contacted PJ Brown - who fits the defensive mindset the team has forged this season - but he's still holding out to see what the Chicago Bulls do at the deadline.  Brown could end up prospering from a sign-and-trade for a lot more should the Bulls actually trigger something big.  Whether they do or don't is immaterial - it's in Brown's best interest to wait before accepting the league minimum the Lakers have to offer.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=6937

Aye NIK what is PJ Brown's situation? If dude is under contract how is he just sitting at home?

PJ Brown's contract with the Bulls ended last season. He's a free agent right now, but he keeps insisting that he's not coming out of retirement.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5900 on: January 17, 2008, 01:03:55 PM »
Webber's New Home? The Los Angeles Lakers were rocked by the knee injury to Andrew Bynum. While eight weeks sounds like a long time, the franchise is just happy the damage was not nearly as serious as it could have been.

The timeline for Bynum's recovery is padded to make sure Bynum is completely sound before returning. Don't be surprised if he's not itching to get back on the court in five weeks or so.

Word is that the Lakers have reached out and a source close to the situation says that Webber has responded positively. While he still is going through the motions of courtship, there's a good chance he ends up a Laker in the coming week.

Webber had a long list of teams that he was supposedly in negotiation with but the Detroit Pistons and Orlando Magic have both publicly made indications that he's not a consideration.  Apparently Webber would rather play for a contender in LA than a team like the Miami HEAT who are no longer an attractive option considering their record.

With word breaking that Vladimir Radmanovic may be out a couple more weeks (ankle), the Lakers certainly need the help.  Webber can play either power forward or center.  LA only has 14 on the roster so waiving a player is not an issue.

While the Lakers are still awaiting Webber's decision - it looks like it's just a matter of time before he joins the squad.

The Lakers have also contacted PJ Brown - who fits the defensive mindset the team has forged this season - but he's still holding out to see what the Chicago Bulls do at the deadline.  Brown could end up prospering from a sign-and-trade for a lot more should the Bulls actually trigger something big.  Whether they do or don't is immaterial - it's in Brown's best interest to wait before accepting the league minimum the Lakers have to offer.

Aye NIK what is PJ Brown's situation? If dude is under contract how is he just sitting at home?

PJ Brown's contract with the Bulls ended last season. He's a free agent right now, but he keeps insisting that he's not coming out of retirement.

Then wtf? How were they trading him in that Kobe deal?

LAL gets Ben Wallace + Ron Artents
CHI gets Kobe Bryant
SAC gets Ben Gordon + PJ Brown
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5901 on: January 17, 2008, 02:07:25 PM »

Then wtf? How were they trading him in that Kobe deal?

LAL gets Ben Wallace + Ron Artents
CHI gets Kobe Bryant
SAC gets Ben Gordon + PJ Brown

All those rumors were nonsesne to begin with, and that just proves it...LOL.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5902 on: January 17, 2008, 02:40:43 PM »

Obviously my comments were not to be taken literally. It's jst very obvious that the Lakers are a much better team with Kobe going for 15 attempts and Bynum dominating, with a productive bench contributing. Kobe impressing niggas with his offensive abilities will not cut in for the Lakers in the long run. Fact. Let's see how they adapt to Bynum's absence.

Of course a balanced offense is gunna be much more effective than an unbalanced one. It's called common sense.

Thank you. That is also why it's common sense that Kobe is a faggot if he keeps scoring 50 points per game.

You're the dumbest dude alive if you're not joking. When there is no balance in the Laker offense, Kobe takes over. Watch the games, homie.

Me being the dumbest dude alive? You must be the dumbest dude alive, if you're not joking. I might have reached a little with my statement, but you're reaching for the stars with that statement, buddy.

Webber will become a problem when Bynum comes back. Dude will not willingly warm the bench for the minimum, that's for fucking sure.

Again, saying "it's common sense that Kobe is a faggot if he scores 50 points a game" when it's become obvious that he does it as a last resort is extremely dumb.

Aren't you the same nigga that goes on and on about only being a bitch if people ride his nuts? How come you talk shit when I had not said shit to you, then? I bet you are so infatuated with Kobe that you perceive a diss towards him as a direct diss towards yourself. What a faggot.

Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5903 on: January 17, 2008, 03:16:00 PM »

Obviously my comments were not to be taken literally. It's jst very obvious that the Lakers are a much better team with Kobe going for 15 attempts and Bynum dominating, with a productive bench contributing. Kobe impressing niggas with his offensive abilities will not cut in for the Lakers in the long run. Fact. Let's see how they adapt to Bynum's absence.

Aren't you the same nigga that goes on and on about only being a bitch if people ride his nuts? How come you talk shit when I had not said shit to you, then? I bet you are so infatuated with Kobe that you perceive a diss towards him as a direct diss towards yourself. What a faggot.

I didn't realize you'd catch feelings over me thinking one of your dumb opinions was dumb. LOL.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #5904 on: January 17, 2008, 08:16:28 PM »
not tryin to be a bitch or a hater but it aint looking to good for the lake show against phoenix 2nite. im high so hopefully this post jinx's myself and u guys win.  8) check the van nuys club and you'll know what time it is wit me.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5905 on: January 17, 2008, 08:39:46 PM »
not tryin to be a bitch or a hater but it aint looking to good for the lake show against phoenix 2nite. im high so hopefully this post jinx's myself and u guys win.  8) check the van nuys club and you'll know what time it is wit me.

lol... thanks. well, hopefully they pick things up in the 2nd half. the injury to Bynum is tough, but we can beat this team as we have already done so twice this year.

wcsoldier

« Reply #5906 on: January 17, 2008, 09:11:46 PM »
EVERYBODY , included Barkley said the game would be way different with Bynum in it ...  Fucked up situation coz SAS doesnt look great this year ... PLEASE never run the offense through Kwame again early in the game , that cost us a 10 + deficit

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5907 on: January 17, 2008, 09:22:34 PM »
that missed dunk by Kwame Brown was pathetic ..... this guy can be a real piece of shit at times.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5908 on: January 17, 2008, 09:25:17 PM »
Right now I am praying to the deal Lord above for Chris Webber. Kwame missed layups... missed dunks... bad passes, 7 turnovers and no defensive presence on the floor.

wcsoldier

« Reply #5909 on: January 17, 2008, 09:33:52 PM »
but they still keep givin him the ball  ???.. dude is a bust period .. he used to be good defensively on pick n roll and one on one D .. hes not on B-Ball shape ... Luke is horrible too ...