Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287154 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5910 on: January 17, 2008, 09:36:30 PM »
I know... Tonight's one of those nights that you want Kobe to just keep the ball to himself and just score.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

thisoneguy360

« Reply #5911 on: January 17, 2008, 10:18:48 PM »
Good effort in the 4th quarter, Phoniex was just too much though

wcsoldier

« Reply #5912 on: January 17, 2008, 10:27:15 PM »
thumbs up for Sasha and Farmar.. Lamar hustled but missed like 6-7 lay ups  :-X.. not mad though it was our worst game of the season .. we would have won with Kwame and Luke not playing .. with Drew we would take them in 5 games in a playoff serie

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5913 on: January 17, 2008, 10:33:51 PM »
that missed dunk by Kwame Brown was pathetic ..... this guy can be a real piece of shit at times.

The guy is just straight up out of shape...He needs to work himself back into the shape he was in around mid 2006, when he was sprining up on those dunks.

But seriously, Phoenix didn't even play that great tonight, Lakers just had no rythym until about the last 3 minuts of the game. Terrible. We need Bynum back or another big. Anyone heard that DJ Mbenga was being considered as well?

wcsoldier

« Reply #5914 on: January 17, 2008, 10:38:49 PM »
We dont need another Kwame with Mbenga .. Whats happening with Luke though .. these repeated ankle injuries are really fuck him up ..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5915 on: January 17, 2008, 10:42:10 PM »
We dont need another Kwame with Mbenga .. Whats happening with Luke though .. these repeated ankle injuries are really fuck him up ..

I don't want Mbenga, but a 10-day contract wont hurt. He can block some shots and provide some size on the inside while Bynum is out. I guess I'd prefer Webber, though.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5916 on: January 17, 2008, 10:52:46 PM »
yo kwame needs to step his game up in the upcoming games BIG time. if he doesnt, he's gonna become our next "please get the fuck off my team" larry hughes-type player. i remember wen smush was the man to blame, nobody minded brian cook. then once we got rid of smush, brian cook fell into that role. but we still liked kwame.

sooner or later, somebody who was once popular is gonna fill this role, and my moneys on #54.

wcsoldier

« Reply #5917 on: January 17, 2008, 10:55:08 PM »
We need Webber bad imo and Vlad aswell .. and Sasha needs to backup Kobe again .. Critt aint definetely ready yet  and that Jordan -Sasha combo works very well imo

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5918 on: January 17, 2008, 11:06:17 PM »
yo kwame needs to step his game up in the upcoming games BIG time. if he doesnt, he's gonna become our next "please get the fuck off my team" larry hughes-type player. i remember wen smush was the man to blame, nobody minded brian cook. then once we got rid of smush, brian cook fell into that role. but we still liked kwame.

sooner or later, somebody who was once popular is gonna fill this role, and my moneys on #54.

I still remember when Kwame was on a tear and the Staples crowd would actually chant "Kwame! Kwame! Kwame!" at one point.

I just hope he can get back to that level of play. :-\

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #5919 on: January 17, 2008, 11:38:15 PM »
Kwame Brown has no confidence in his own Game..
he will never be that dude that his body has the ability to be.

But We need webber, A third Scoring option that will help Kobe & Lamar.
I'm not gonna complain about Webber's Defence either, fuck it, Not like kwame is doing shit anyway.
he can't even Jump he has -0 Hop's.

Fucked up part is I Like Kwame.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5920 on: January 17, 2008, 11:41:40 PM »

I still remember when Kwame was on a tear and the Staples crowd would actually chant "Kwame! Kwame! Kwame!" at one point.

I just hope he can get back to that level of play. :-\

word. i kno hes still injured, but if there was ever a time for kwame to prove his worth, this would be it. i really dont wanna see the fans turn against him like they did today. that type of shit has a huge negative impact on the team morale, and unlike smush and brian cook, we're gonna actually NEED kwame come play-offs time since hes the only one on our team who could truly contain the elite big men of the western conference

wcsoldier

« Reply #5921 on: January 17, 2008, 11:43:21 PM »
once again , injured or not , Kwame is horrible offensive wise .. if u want some down low game, go with Lamar .. Kwame pretty lost this game by himself .. our defense was wack but our offense was worse ..  give Kobe, Lamar and Fish all the shots .. the 2nd unit isnt a problem with Sasha back , even if hes not hitting shots, he doesnt handle the ball too much and turns over like Critt does ..

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5922 on: January 18, 2008, 12:07:07 AM »
kwame does suck offensively. theres no question about that.

but he didnt lose this game by himself. he missed that easy dunk, which was a HUGE fuckup. but then the fans started booing him, and made things even worse. because at that point, kobe and odom kept feeding him the ball OVER AND OVER again hoping he could redeem himself and boost the team morale, which was down the shithole with the fans booing. of course this was poor decision making on their part, because kwame is just too damn clumsy to be a reliable scorer

so its kwames own fault that he sucked, but he wouldnt even have been in that position had it not been for the fans turning against him. and on the real, i was disapppointed in both kwame AND fellow laker fans.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5923 on: January 18, 2008, 12:07:16 AM »
Kwame Brown has no confidence in his own Game..
he will never be that dude that his body has the ability to be.

But We need webber, A third Scoring option that will help Kobe & Lamar.
I'm not gonna complain about Webber's Defence either, fuck it, Not like kwame is doing shit anyway.
he can't even Jump he has -0 Hop's.

Fucked up part is I Like Kwame.

Like I said, Kwame was springing up before he got injured...Now, without his physical ability, he's almost useless...I say sign Webber and rest Kwame until he can actually play again.

wcsoldier

« Reply #5924 on: January 18, 2008, 12:33:29 AM »
dude on Clublakers who brought the Ariza trade and Drew injury report said Webber aint happening .. Lakers will offer 10 day contracts . they dont want to spend money on and stick with a veteran in a long term contract just for a 2 months period need .. a long term Andrew backup will be pursued this summer..