Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286805 times)

Doggystylin

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5925 on: January 18, 2008, 01:02:42 AM »
that sucks, i was looking forward to that.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5926 on: January 18, 2008, 01:55:29 AM »
apparently the lakers agree with my statement on the fans.

Kobe: "I thought it was terrible actually. I don't think they should react to that and if they do they should stay home. He's going to be our center for two months and if anything they should support him. You can't tear him down. He's going to be our guy here for two months. We're going to ride with him. I told him 'I've got his back. I don't care how many times they boo you.'

He's our guy. We've got to continue to pick him. He's going to do fine. He's going to play well. He's going to play well next game - and they should chant his name next game.

They're Laker fans. They should be here to support us and help us win - not to boo a guy who struggled even more. Kwame is sensitive. If you boo him, it's going to affect him. I think everybody here wants us to win - and we want to win. We have to do things that are going to encourage our guy to perform well and next game he'll do much better."

Lamar Odom: "That's tough for anybody. For a guy who wants to play the right way, it's even tougher."

Jordan Farmar: "We all stand behind him, we have faith in him. That's just not right. If you're a Laker fan, you should support your team through the good, the bad, the ugly.

I've never seen anything like that. I hope I don't see it any more. That's not a real fan.

He's our teammate. They should want him to be successful and cheer him on and get behind him and give him enthusiasm and the energy rather than try to pull him down."

i kno as well as anybody that its extremely frustrating to watch someone fuck up, but booing him only makes things a million times worse. phil jackson's a hard-headed coach, hes not gonna say "oh shit, the fans are booing, i guess its time for me to make a substitution." if u want to boo, do it when the games decided towards the end of the 4th quarter, not the middle of the 3rd. wut are we, the new york knicks? dont put our home court advantage to waste like that

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #5927 on: January 18, 2008, 02:05:49 AM »
Just remember those dudes who are Booing are NOT Laker fan's They are Bandwagon idiot's who give us TRUE laker fan's a bad wrap..
these are the dudes who picked up a newspaper yesterday and saw the Laker's were the "Top" team in the west dusted off their old Laker flag's from their champioship run's and Suddenly they appeared on cars and shit again...
Fuck those So Called fans..

I'll be the first to admit, Kwame pisses me off cause dude is Huge, His size alone makes him a Monster!
But he play's soft as hell, I wish I could Give Turiaf Browns Body...(Oh well, that's Life)

Kwame is a good Player, When he's 100% & healthy.
Bynum's Recent Play Has just gave those so-called Fan's short term memory.

I Think Coming into the league with such high expectaions killed kwames ability to improve his game..
Not everyone can cope with the spotlight, Brown is a Perfect example of that.
I mean he's got the look, the Size,The heart, He just don't have the confidence.

I'm still gonna ride with him, But Damm I wish We had Bynum back.
We need Vlad & Mihm back aswell.

Fuck!!

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5928 on: January 18, 2008, 08:18:49 AM »
I'm a true blue (or I should say Purple & Gold) and I don't mind the booing.... if you stink up the place like a skunk, then you should know. It's not the fans fault that the guy played like crap. If he wants to win, like we want him to win, then he should play like he wants to win. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5929 on: January 18, 2008, 08:20:08 AM »
them boos are just there to assist mitch. I can't believe how sensitive 280 pound niggas can be. then americans go ahead and call soccer gay and soft. hilarious. watch a soccer player play like trash and see what happens.

this is gonna be a hard time for the lakers, with bynum injured and kwame having to see his psychiatrist again.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 08:26:32 AM by 7even has been sober for 10 days! »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #5930 on: January 18, 2008, 08:31:15 AM »
boos were for his 3 years accomplishement or should I say non accomplishement ... dude has no work ethic , is out of B-Ball shape and is just soft ... as a fan I sure wouldnt have booed though .. I think the transition from a contender team with a monster in the paint to a team who looks average with a weak center is what frustrated people ..

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5931 on: January 18, 2008, 09:10:33 AM »
25 minutes: 8 points (3-8 FG) / 6 rebounds / 1 steal / 7 turnovers / 5 fouls

This guy doesn't even deserve to watch basketball on tv.

The Lakers need to call up Elton Brown. Dude is a rebounding machine and he can actually finish around the basket. I was hoping we would've picked him over Coby Karl in the first place.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5932 on: January 18, 2008, 10:29:26 AM »
i kno as well as anybody that its extremely frustrating to watch someone fuck up, but booing him only makes things a million times worse. phil jackson's a hard-headed coach, hes not gonna say "oh shit, the fans are booing, i guess its time for me to make a substitution." if u want to boo, do it when the games decided towards the end of the 4th quarter, not the middle of the 3rd. wut are we, the new york knicks? dont put our home court advantage to waste like that

Seriously...I'd expect it from BabyG and that ING punk, but the whole Staples crowd? That was pathetic.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5933 on: January 18, 2008, 10:33:46 AM »
I'm a true blue (or I should say Purple & Gold) and I don't mind the booing.... if you stink up the place like a skunk, then you should know. It's not the fans fault that the guy played like crap. If he wants to win, like we want him to win, then he should play like he wants to win. 

When you're struggling to play through an injury, you should never get booed. Did Laker fans boo Kwame when he could get up like this?:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xnLIrOdfjY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6xnLIrOdfjY</a>

Didn't think so.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5934 on: January 18, 2008, 10:42:13 AM »

When you're struggling to play through an injury, you should never get booed. Did Laker fans boo Kwame when he could get up like this?:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xnLIrOdfjY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6xnLIrOdfjY</a>

Didn't think so.

They pay for the right to boo should they feel the need to do so. 

wcsoldier

« Reply #5935 on: January 18, 2008, 10:46:54 AM »

Didn't think so.
I have attented 6 Lakers game so far.. 3 in the 100 and so sections and 3 in the 300 .sections .. most of the real fans are upstairs .. to be honest I dont know what half of the people are in the building in the 100 sections ... I was cheering and booing some Suns players and some look at me with their  it just a B-Ball game face .. I aint surprised by the boos , it sure came from the its cool to be at a Lakers game people ..

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5936 on: January 18, 2008, 10:48:57 AM »
It happens.... it's a part of the game. You suck it up and go out and try better the next time.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5937 on: January 18, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »
The Lakers have made TMZ.... Here's a video of several of the team members going out to a club last night in a sour mood...

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/18/lakers-party-like-losers/

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5938 on: January 18, 2008, 11:45:43 AM »

Seriously...I'd expect it from BabyG and that ING punk, but the whole Staples crowd? That was pathetic.

No thats what happens when you watch a waste of skin make 9 million dollars.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5939 on: January 18, 2008, 12:01:23 PM »

No thats what happens when you watch a waste of skin make 9 million dollars.

So you agree with the boos? Gee, what a shocker.