Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287189 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5940 on: January 18, 2008, 12:04:22 PM »
I'm a true blue (or I should say Purple & Gold) and I don't mind the booing.... if you stink up the place like a skunk, then you should know. It's not the fans fault that the guy played like crap. If he wants to win, like we want him to win, then he should play like he wants to win. 

When you're struggling to play through an injury, you should never get booed. Did Laker fans boo Kwame when he could get up like this?:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xnLIrOdfjY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6xnLIrOdfjY</a>

Didn't think so.

They pay for the right to boo should they feel the need to do so. 

to boo the OPPOSING players. LOL...we aren't Knick fans.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5941 on: January 18, 2008, 12:09:38 PM »
The Lakers have made TMZ.... Here's a video of several of the team members going out to a club last night in a sour mood...

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/18/lakers-party-like-losers/

It's good to see that losing actually affects them like that.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5942 on: January 18, 2008, 12:11:59 PM »
i kno as well as anybody that its extremely frustrating to watch someone fuck up, but booing him only makes things a million times worse. phil jackson's a hard-headed coach, hes not gonna say "oh shit, the fans are booing, i guess its time for me to make a substitution." if u want to boo, do it when the games decided towards the end of the 4th quarter, not the middle of the 3rd. wut are we, the new york knicks? dont put our home court advantage to waste like that

Seriously...I'd expect it from BabyG and that ING punk, but the whole Staples crowd? That was pathetic.

No thats what happens when you watch a waste of skin make 9 million dollars.

So you agree with the boos? Gee, what a shocker.

In a Sports Illustrated poll of 242 NBA players, Kwame Brown of the Los Angeles Lakers received the most votes for the question, "Which player gets the least out of the most talent?"

Brown received 17% of the votes, followed by Los Angeles Clippers forward Tim Thomas (10%), New York Knicks center Eddy Curry (7%), New Jersey Nets guard-forward Vince Carter (6%) and Memphis Grizzles center Darko Milicic (5%).

Source: Los Angeles Times

^ atleast he accomplished something.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5943 on: January 18, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »
fans have the right to be dissapointed and even boo...doesnt mean that its not disrespectful or they dont look like fuckin idiots doin it....props for the team for ridin for him..

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5944 on: January 18, 2008, 12:21:57 PM »
Southern California fans are real laid back, so if something is causing them to boo hard, it has to be really bad.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5945 on: January 18, 2008, 12:26:53 PM »
The Lakers have made TMZ.... Here's a video of several of the team members going out to a club last night in a sour mood...

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/18/lakers-party-like-losers/

It's good to see that losing actually affects them like that.

Me too....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5946 on: January 18, 2008, 02:15:31 PM »
Southern California fans are real laid back, so if something is causing them to boo hard, it has to be really bad.

Most of them don't even realize that Kwame is badly hurt and still tryna get his basketball legs under him.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5947 on: January 18, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »

Most of them don't even realize that Kwame is badly hurt and still tryna get his basketball legs under him.

I hear that ...But at the same time, if they are under the impression that he's fit to play, then what do you expect? If the guy is cleared to play, he can at least put some heart in to it. The guy last night showed no heart.   

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5948 on: January 18, 2008, 02:40:11 PM »

I hear that ...But at the same time, if they are under the impression that he's fit to play, then what do you expect? If the guy is cleared to play, he can at least put some heart in to it. The guy last night showed no heart.   

I think he tried, he's just physically unable to perform at a high level right now. I mean, he was never an offensive beast to begin with, but he was a valuable big when he was in top shape, especially on the defensive end.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5949 on: January 18, 2008, 02:43:14 PM »

I think he tried, he's just physically unable to perform at a high level right now. I mean, he was never an offensive beast to begin with, but he was a valuable big when he was in top shape, especially on the defensive end.

Well, hopefully he can overcome it all. If there was ever a time for him to shine and step up, it's now. He's got to find a way if he ever wants to be a great player.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5950 on: January 18, 2008, 02:49:40 PM »

Well, hopefully he can overcome it all. If there was ever a time for him to shine and step up, it's now. He's got to find a way if he ever wants to be a great player.

I think he needs to rest his body in order to step up.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5951 on: January 18, 2008, 02:57:22 PM »

Continue rehabbing if he is truly not fit to play? Absolutely.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5952 on: January 18, 2008, 03:36:40 PM »

Continue rehabbing if he is truly not fit to play? Absolutely.

Yup...and in the mean time, get someone else for a short term-fix...Elton Brown, DJ Mbenga, Larry Turner...Any of those guys would do. Then when Bynum comes back, both Bynum AND Kwame will be at full strength.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5953 on: January 19, 2008, 02:55:15 PM »
The problem is, Kwame at full strength is still...

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5954 on: January 19, 2008, 04:46:14 PM »
No...Kwame at full strength is:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IEvrcEpf4l8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IEvrcEpf4l8</a>