Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287580 times)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #6405 on: March 20, 2008, 11:17:28 AM »
Report: Bynum could return before regular season ends

ESPN.com news services

Updated: March 20, 2008, 10:22 AM ET

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Andrew Bynum might be back before the playoffs after all.
Andrew Bynum

Bynum
Lakers coach Phil Jackson, who on Tuesday said Bynum would not be ready to play until the playoffs begin, said Wednesday that the center could return as early as two weeks before the start of the first round, The Los Angeles Times reported.

"I threw that out there [Tuesday] to kind of take everything off the table," Jackson said, according to The Times. "We're [now] saying it was three weeks as of [last] Sunday. It would give him a week -- four games, three games."

Bynum has been out since Jan. 13, when he dislocated his left kneecap and bruised a bone landing on a teammate's foot while going for a rebound. The Lakers haven't been more specific about his recovery than saying he would be out for at least eight weeks.

But Jackson warned on Wednesday that Bynum will have to get back into game shape, having missed more than two months of playing time.

"The reality is if he comes back and he plays the Sunday game and the Tuesday game before the season's over [on Wednesday, April 16], great. It's still not going to get our rotation [settled]," he said, according to The Times. "It's going to be an exercise in kind of getting him back on the court."

Jackson also said Pau Gasol, who has been out with a sprained ankle, is on his way back to health.

"He's come around and he was actually on the court [Wednesday] shooting jumpers a little bit," Jackson said, according to the report.

In his third year, Bynum is averaging 13.1 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.06 blocked shots. He was leading the NBA in field-goal percentage (63.6 percent) and was among the best in rebounds and blocks when he got hurt.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #6406 on: March 20, 2008, 11:25:02 AM »
Report: Bynum could return before regular season ends

ESPN.com news services

Updated: March 20, 2008, 10:22 AM ET

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Andrew Bynum might be back before the playoffs after all.
Andrew Bynum

Bynum
Lakers coach Phil Jackson, who on Tuesday said Bynum would not be ready to play until the playoffs begin, said Wednesday that the center could return as early as two weeks before the start of the first round, The Los Angeles Times reported.

"I threw that out there [Tuesday] to kind of take everything off the table," Jackson said, according to The Times. "We're [now] saying it was three weeks as of [last] Sunday. It would give him a week -- four games, three games."

Bynum has been out since Jan. 13, when he dislocated his left kneecap and bruised a bone landing on a teammate's foot while going for a rebound. The Lakers haven't been more specific about his recovery than saying he would be out for at least eight weeks.

But Jackson warned on Wednesday that Bynum will have to get back into game shape, having missed more than two months of playing time.

"The reality is if he comes back and he plays the Sunday game and the Tuesday game before the season's over [on Wednesday, April 16], great. It's still not going to get our rotation [settled]," he said, according to The Times. "It's going to be an exercise in kind of getting him back on the court."

Jackson also said Pau Gasol, who has been out with a sprained ankle, is on his way back to health.

"He's come around and he was actually on the court [Wednesday] shooting jumpers a little bit," Jackson said, according to the report.

In his third year, Bynum is averaging 13.1 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.06 blocked shots. He was leading the NBA in field-goal percentage (63.6 percent) and was among the best in rebounds and blocks when he got hurt.
^Good shit. 8)

Doggystylin

« Reply #6407 on: March 20, 2008, 11:29:59 AM »
see, told you

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6408 on: March 20, 2008, 12:02:44 PM »
Phil Jackson knows just how to give us slight heart attacks.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6409 on: March 20, 2008, 12:10:00 PM »
^ for real.... I thought that Zen crap was all about inner-peace..lol.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6410 on: March 20, 2008, 01:15:03 PM »
You're gunna see this one for years to come...

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/hRI_TpmB6G8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/hRI_TpmB6G8</a>

thisoneguy360

« Reply #6411 on: March 20, 2008, 07:26:05 PM »
^ Never ceases to amaze me..

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6412 on: March 20, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »
Turiaf is unreal. I don't think Ive ever seen anyone with this kind of energy. This boxscore is bullshiet tho, no way in hell he doesn't have a single block.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6413 on: March 20, 2008, 10:18:08 PM »
Sheryl Miller: You looked a little upset at the end of the game...
Kobe: Yeah I'm very upset! Last time we were here they boo'd Derek for absolutely no reason. So I told the guys earlier we have to take this one personal.

^ Darn. If only our leader was a team player  ;D

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6414 on: March 20, 2008, 10:20:26 PM »
A wire to wire victory against Woodstock and the rest of his Peanuts gang on their home floor... gotta love it!

wcsoldier

« Reply #6415 on: March 21, 2008, 01:27:28 AM »
After a 5-6 games span of unfocused B-Ball and terrible defense, I'm glad we reunited as a team to get 2 impressive road wins .. and most importantly after 3 years of ups and downs, Lamar seems to have found his role in this team and a new mentality  8)

wcsoldier

« Reply #6416 on: March 21, 2008, 04:44:14 AM »
Swingman Ira Newble has decided to sign a contract with the Los Angeles Lakers, choosing them over the Cavs.

A source said the Cavs offered Newble a spot on the team Wednesday, but the two sides could not agree on certain terms of his return.

The Cavs traded Newble to the Seattle SuperSonics last month, but never gave away his locker. Newble was eligible to rejoin the Cavs on Tuesday.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/16887816.html?page=all&c=y

Newble is a good defensive player .. good shit though it probably confirms Ariza won't be back this season... Luke can stay on the bench , which is a good thing too

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #6417 on: March 21, 2008, 06:51:33 AM »
damn, this is how far walton has fallen off this year. if we had the walton of last year, lakers wouldn't even have looked in newble's direction.

still, newble might not be as athletic as ariza, but he does have a level of toughness that we may need on the defensive end. that being said, i doubt newble is gonna get much playing time for some reason.

wcsoldier

« Reply #6418 on: March 21, 2008, 12:03:44 PM »
The Los Angeles Lakers have signed free agent forward Ira Newble to a 10-day contract, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak.

Newble, currently in his eighth NBA season, most recently played for the Cleveland Cavaliers and Seattle Supersonics, averaging 4.2 points, 2.7 rebounds and 15.5 minutes in 43 combined games this season, including 13 starts.

Prior to playing in the NBA, Newble played in the International Basketball Association for the Wisconsin Blast (1997-98) and played in the CBA with the Idaho Stampede from the 1997-98 season through the 1999-2000 season.

Undrafted by an NBA team, Newble played two seasons with Mississippi Gulf Coast Junior College before attending Miami (OH) University, where he averaged 8.9 points and 6.4 rebounds in 58 games over two seasons, while being named Honorable Mention All-Mid American Conference his senior year.

In 374 career games including 197 starts, Newble is averaging 5.1 points and 2.9 rebounds in 20.4 minutes.

The Lakers roster now stands at 15.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080321newble.html

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6419 on: March 21, 2008, 09:37:54 PM »
I had the brew, she had the chronic, the Lakers beat the Supersonic - Ice Cube