Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287705 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #6660 on: April 25, 2008, 04:53:45 AM »
You guys are weird... everywhere else in sports, fans hate the neighboring team more than anybody else... some fans are going to beat themselves up literally because they are fans of neighboring teams.. and you guys be like it's a cali thing and bandwaggon around to whoever has the best team at the moment... LMAO

Considering one of the teams play in the same buliding as the Lakers...lol
& G.state been a fun team to watch, since the Tim Hardaway/Mullin days, thru the Webber stuff ect..
(I'm just a Fan of the game bro, & Good teams. But make no Mistake this is Laker's 100%)

I also find myself watching alot of NY Knicks games, just something about that franchise...
Them 80's/90's Knick teams are the forfather to alot of these Playoffs under-acheivers we have today.
great teams, but never great enough to win it all kinda like your Mavs or Sac & G.State...ect
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 04:58:17 AM by Hatesrats™ »

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #6661 on: April 25, 2008, 10:22:06 AM »
Here's how it goes. The only team in basketball I support or root for is the Lakers.

I rather see a California team (except the Kings) do good, than any other team.

wcsoldier

« Reply #6662 on: April 25, 2008, 10:28:34 AM »
I agree with 7even on this .. it's Lakers and fuck the rest .. I guess it's coming from soccer mentality and what we called "derby"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6663 on: April 25, 2008, 12:09:44 PM »
I used to wanna see the Clippers do well, but ever since that year when they acted like they were better than us, I stopped giving a shit how they do...Never been a fan of any other team, though. And now, the ONLY team I care to see is the Lakers. I still watch other games, but I don't root for anyone...PeACe

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #6664 on: April 25, 2008, 10:52:27 PM »
well, spurs just won game 3 against the suns. Looks like we'll be seeing them in the Western Conference Finals then. The one team who had a chance at eliminating them is pretty much gone now (who are we kidding, they're not going to be making history).

Nothing against the Hornets and Mavs, I just don't see either one of them toppling over the Spurs.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6665 on: April 26, 2008, 01:57:25 AM »
I was at a frat party at UCLA last night... and that fool Andrew Bynum was there dancing n shit... lol aint he supposed to be resting?
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #6666 on: April 26, 2008, 03:51:28 AM »
I was at a frat party at UCLA last night... and that fool Andrew Bynum was there dancing n shit... lol aint he supposed to be resting?

That is actually pretty good news right there..lol
thx for the update bro. (maybe he will play then sometime this Post Season...?)
word, back in the day I'd always be down there at them UCLA parties n' shit
during their O'Bannon bros. era (yeah, I'm getting old...lol)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6667 on: April 26, 2008, 04:27:22 AM »
You guys are weird... everywhere else in sports, fans hate the neighboring team more than anybody else... some fans are going to beat themselves up literally because they are fans of neighboring teams.. and you guys be like it's a cali thing and bandwaggon around to whoever has the best team at the moment... LMAO

I know what you're talking about. But to me it's not just a "Cali thing" (i hate the Kings and i don't support the Clippers. Plus like you know i'm from Italy, so..). It's more rap-oriented. I mean i listen to Bay Area music, so GSW are pretty cool to me cause they represent the Bay, that's it. And i listen to Bay Area music. I ain't a real supporter of them, but if my fav (and only) team (the Lakers) is eliminated from the P.O., i support them.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6668 on: April 26, 2008, 12:13:56 PM »
What happend with Ariza's ct scan?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6669 on: April 26, 2008, 10:57:36 PM »
Nevermind I found it...

The Lakers' forward was cleared to begin some basketball-related activities and will be available to play at some point in the second round of the playoffs.

"A week from now, I can start doing a little bit of contact. And then a week later I can start playing," he said. "It's definitely good news."

A key defender at small forward, Ariza has been out since Jan. 20 because of a broken bone in his right foot. He is not allowed to dunk yet and can work only on individual skills such as shooting and dribbling over the next week.

An MRI exam Friday showed that the bone in his foot had healed to the point of being able to begin basketball exercises.

I guess thats as good as it can get.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #6670 on: April 27, 2008, 02:14:45 AM »
Nevermind I found it...

The Lakers' forward was cleared to begin some basketball-related activities and will be available to play at some point in the second round of the playoffs.

"A week from now, I can start doing a little bit of contact. And then a week later I can start playing," he said. "It's definitely good news."

A key defender at small forward, Ariza has been out since Jan. 20 because of a broken bone in his right foot. He is not allowed to dunk yet and can work only on individual skills such as shooting and dribbling over the next week.

An MRI exam Friday showed that the bone in his foot had healed to the point of being able to begin basketball exercises.

I guess thats as good as it can get.

Sweet!
Thx for that news! bro, if they mentioned it during the game I musthave missed it.
were gonna need his defense the deeper the Lakers get.

zilla

« Reply #6671 on: April 27, 2008, 11:13:34 AM »
y'all trippin.. it's golden state 1st and foremost.. y'all sound confused talkin bout who represents where.. I know what I represent crystal clear.. but in this world you must always pick a side no matter what the situation may be.. that's that mentality not too many of y'all know about.. it's exactly like the streets, you pick a side or fall off.. the warriors deserved to be in the playoffs but shit happens.. so now you gotta analyze the situation and see how there's a clear East v.s. West rivalry that's about to go down.. can nobody deny what the Lakers owner did this year.. he played it like chess and checked their ass with that Gasol move.. can't do nothin but support.. the West deserves this one.. best records as a whole in NBA history.. Lakers need to step up and bring it  home.. but that don't mean we ain't beatin up Laker fans at Oracle arena again next year !! adadaii boyeee

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6672 on: April 27, 2008, 02:12:21 PM »
y'all trippin.. it's golden state 1st and foremost.. y'all sound confused talkin bout who represents where.. I know what I represent crystal clear.. but in this world you must always pick a side no matter what the situation may be.. that's that mentality not too many of y'all know about.. it's exactly like the streets, you pick a side or fall off.. the warriors deserved to be in the playoffs but shit happens.. so now you gotta analyze the situation and see how there's a clear East v.s. West rivalry that's about to go down.. can nobody deny what the Lakers owner did this year.. he played it like chess and checked their ass with that Gasol move.. can't do nothin but support.. the West deserves this one.. best records as a whole in NBA history.. Lakers need to step up and bring it  home.. but that don't mean we ain't beatin up Laker fans at Oracle arena again next year !! adadaii boyeee

LOL...don't lie. your boy Doggy is a major influence in your life. 8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6673 on: April 27, 2008, 02:59:17 PM »
lol@that nigga comin up with some blue/red bandana shit as the reason
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

zilla

« Reply #6674 on: April 27, 2008, 10:50:51 PM »
^ ure a fuckin square bear and a half, I read your posts everywhere.. too dumb to reply to.

you ain't gonna see me in no laker gear, but I show respect when it's due.. y'all some lil kids, quit pointin fingers.

and I ain't spoken to ma niggy doggy for many moons.. 3 or so years.