Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286988 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #6765 on: June 13, 2008, 07:26:09 PM »
Kobe's Lakers are soft as fuck

even with Bynum back next year they still won't win a title
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6766 on: June 14, 2008, 01:10:26 AM »
^

PG Derek Fisher
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Lamar Odom
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum

Why would ANYONE request a trade from that? LOL.

But wouldn't it be funny as fuck from a non-Laker-Fan perspective?

you KNOW you're a Laker fan.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6767 on: June 14, 2008, 06:53:45 PM »
^

PG Derek Fisher
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Lamar Odom
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum

the Spurs win back to back, so the Lakers won't win next year...maybe 2010?
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6768 on: June 15, 2008, 02:05:05 AM »
^

PG Derek Fisher
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Lamar Odom
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum

the Spurs win back to back, so the Lakers won't win next year...maybe 2010?

Stop smoking crack.

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #6769 on: June 17, 2008, 12:01:57 AM »
if lakers win this shit it will rain in cali for the rest of summer :)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6770 on: June 17, 2008, 07:26:40 PM »
get rid off...Lamar, luke, vlad

bring in Ron Artest or Josh Howard........we need a back up center

we need a taller PG..some one like ron harper.......re-sign sasha....re-sign ronnie?  :-\ .....

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6771 on: June 17, 2008, 07:58:46 PM »
and people thought I was crazy for saying LA wouldn't win against Boston.

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #6772 on: June 17, 2008, 08:56:35 PM »
na na na na na na hey hey gooooodbye

i told you fag ass niggas and your pretender team would get assraped in the finals and exposed.

4-2 mutahfucas.

your season is over, go home as losers.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6773 on: June 17, 2008, 09:50:25 PM »
:loser::o :loser:
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #6774 on: June 17, 2008, 10:18:11 PM »
if lakers win this shit it will rain in cali for the rest of summer :)
guess the laker fans didn't appreciate my humor here lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6775 on: June 18, 2008, 09:18:43 PM »
:loser::o :loser:

Your team lost in the first round.

na na na na na na hey hey gooooodbye

i told you fag ass niggas and your pretender team would get assraped in the finals and exposed.

4-2 mutahfucas.

your season is over, go home as losers.

You have no team.

LMAO

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6776 on: June 18, 2008, 09:22:38 PM »
get rid off...Lamar, luke, vlad

bring in Ron Artest or Josh Howard........we need a back up center

we need a taller PG..some one like ron harper.......re-sign sasha....re-sign ronnie?  :-\ .....

No way...Get rid of Odom and bring in Josh Howard? Ahahahahaha. Naah, man, we don't need to change shit.

Come on, Laker fans, we had a nice run, fellas...we don't need to make ANY moves, next year we're gunna return with Bynum and Ariza at full strength, and we will be ready to demolish our opponents for the next 10 years. I'd trade Luke, but no one will take on his contract the way he played this season...but other than that, I couldn't be more satisfied with what we have to work with. It's gunna be a great future, Laker fans...get ready for the ride, cuz just like the Lakers after losing to the Celtics in '84, it's all uphill from here...only there wont be an '86. 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6777 on: June 18, 2008, 10:43:20 PM »
I'd like to see the Lakers pick up a F/C who can counter Gasol's softness and play back up to Andew Bynum. The center position is thin.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6778 on: June 19, 2008, 12:57:52 AM »
That's why I said I wouldn't mind signing Kwame Brown for a minimum contract...Use him for defensive purposes to body around dudes in the paint. But really, Mbenga and Mihm should be ready to hold down the 10-15 mins at the center spot...The rest will be Bynum and Gasol...sometimes even Turiaf.

PG Derek Fisher...Jordan Farmar/Coby Karl(?)
SG Kobe Bryant...Sasha Vujacic/Ira Newble(?)
SF Lamar Odom...Trevor Ariza/Luke Walton
PF Pau Gasol...Ronny Turiaf/Vladimir Radmanovic
C Andrew Bynum...Chris Mihm/DJ Mbenga(?)

If we don't re-sign Mbenga, Newble, and Karl, we have 3 spots to fill...I presume we'll retain the other 12, but those 3 are in question. As of now, I don't see any trades we can make that will benefit the team. If we don't re-sign Mbenga, I definitely wanna see us go after Kwame as an enforcer, and if we let go of Karl and Newble, It'd be nice to fill those spots with a Josh Childress type swing defender and a bigger Delonte West type point guard (both will be available). Either way, I am MORE than satisfied.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:00:12 AM by Now_I_Know »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6779 on: June 20, 2008, 08:49:54 AM »
It was about a year ago that Rod Thorn dialed Mitch Kupchak and floated Richard Jefferson-for-Lamar Odom. The conversation, we're told, didn't last long. Not interested, Mitch said. Besides, I'm a little busy right now, trying to dodge the molotov cocktails Kobe keeps tossing through my office window. Care to bet the Nets try again? And want to bet they stay on the phone a little bit longer? We said a few months ago that the Lakers are going to find out one thing about their team, with the postseason pending -- whether a frontline of 7-1, 7-0 and 6-10 is the matchup nightmare that it appears to be on paper; or whether they really need another type at the three-spot. Though we never saw that frontcourt, it's pretty clear where the Lakers are heading. Odom took the biggest hit in the aftermath of Game 6. If L.A. moves anybody, it shall be him, because Pau Gasol is best suited for the four-spot anyway. Newark Star-Ledger

But is RJ the right replacement at the 3? If the Lakers figure to meet up with Paul Pierce again next June, there's no one better. Nets fans know that better than anyone. The main thing preventing L.A. from considering this deal, we surmise, is the contract lengths. It's not a cap neutral trade: RJ has three years ($42.4M) left, Odom is a free agent after next season. Might quash it, might not. But we know this much: If the Nets pursue this deal again, it could go a long way toward charting their path over the next two years. Newark Star-Ledger

But there's another call to make. And if you make the deal for Odom, and take him off the books after '08-09, this is what you're looking at in the summer of '10: A $38.2M payroll for eight guys, including the third-year salaries of the two kids they're drafting next week ($2.4 and 1.4, respectively). (That's assuming Mo Ager doesn't get that fourth-year option he's counting on. Sorry, Mo.) By then, the Nets should know for certain when (if) moving day will come, the salary cap will be in the $59-60M area, and there will be a lot of space to fill - by LeBron, Bosh, Amare, Yao, or any of the other guys who may be free agents that summer. Newark Star-Ledger

Both said they want to remain with the Lakers, but both left the door open to leaving. Vujacic, a 6-foot-7 guard, and Turiaf, a 6-10 forward/center, can begin negotiating with other teams and the Lakers gon July 1, but can't sign a contract until July 9. Because both are restricted free agents, the Lakers can match any offers they receive. Riverside Press-Enterprise

It's believed that Vujacic's representative will be seeking the full mid-level exception of $5.8 million. "I'm going to be with the team that wants and needs me the most," Vujacic said. "Who it's going to be, I can't say right now at this point. But we'll see." Riverside Press-Enterprise

Sasha Vujacic, also a restricted free agent, wasn't quite as definitive as he was in previous comments in which he said he wanted to stay with the Lakers. "It's going to be the team that wants me and needs me the most," he said. "Who that's going to be, I don't know. I just want to win a championship." Vujacic, who made $1.8 million this season, is expected to receive more interest in free agency than Turiaf, but the Lakers would probably pay him more to return than Turiaf. Los Angeles Times

In other financial news, Trevor Ariza said he would exercise a one-year, $3.1-million clause in his contract that would keep him with the Lakers next season. He will also change his jersey from No. 3 to No. 1. Ariza, who sat out four months because of a broken bone in his right foot, will have another MRI exam next week, but didn't expect any problems. "No pain, no nothing," he said. "It feels good." Los Angeles Times

Even the Lakers' energetic source on the bench, Ronny Turiaf, seemed subdued, though he brightened up when asked about his future with the Lakers. "I'm hoping to be here, that's for sure," he said. "You can write that in big capital headlines, 'Ronny Turiaf would like to be a Laker.' " Turiaf, a restricted fee agent who made a relatively low $770,610, also acknowledged that it had to be economically feasible for him and the franchise. "When it comes down to it, this is a business decision for both sides." he said. "They have to worry about salary-cap issues and I have to find the best situation for me as far as playing and also as far as the financial situation." Los Angeles Times

Turiaf acknowledged there is "definitely a logjam" at his position next season. He is more certain about wanting to return than the budget- conscious Lakers are about bringing him back. "Until the Lakers tell me that they don't want me to be part of the organization, then that's when I'm going to start thinking about going somewhere else," Turiaf said. Vujacic is more likely to return but said Thursday: "It's going to be the team that's going to need me and want me the most." Orange County Register

Steve Luhm: As you say, Turiaf is a high-energy power forward who is a good rebounder and blocks his share of shots. I don't agree with you about his jump shot. It might be better, but his perimeter shooting still needs a lot of work if he wants to take his game to the next level. He simply isn't a danger to score when forced away from the basket. But Turiaf has carved out a long-term niche in the NBA with his play the past two seasons. That said, I don't think the Jazz will pursue him. Certainly, Utah could use another athletic big man. It is the Jazz's most glaring need going into the offseason. But a few years ago, vice president of basketball operations Kevin O'Connor spent a major chunk of his summer pursuing restricted free agents Jason Terry and Corey Maggette. Salt Lake Tribune

Luhm: The final part of your question involves cutting Jarron Collins to make room for someone like Turiaf. It won't happen. No. 1, Collins is under contract for $2.1 million next season, and the Jazz aren't the kind of organization that eats contracts -- even a relatively modest one. No. 2, Collins remains a valuable part of a team. I know he didn't play much in the postseason. During the 82-game grind from November to April, however, good teams need capable, professional players like Collins in the locker room and on the court. Salt Lake Tribune 
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin