Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287759 times)

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #6810 on: July 02, 2008, 02:09:26 PM »
Fuck Sasha, get rid of that fag.

Really? Our best shooter and one of our better perimeter defenders? Why?

Cus I can't stand the bastard, that's why.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6811 on: July 02, 2008, 03:04:09 PM »
Fuck Sasha, get rid of that fag.

Really? Our best shooter and one of our better perimeter defenders? Why?

Cus I can't stand the bastard, that's why.

That's his best quality...LOL. He gets under the skin of the opposition.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6812 on: July 02, 2008, 03:05:18 PM »
Lakers interested in James Posey, Brent Barry

The Lakers continue to wait for Sasha Vujacic and Ronny Turiaf, but they have fall-back plans in case their restricted free agents don't re-sign with them.

The Lakers have talked with representatives of Boston small forward James Posey and veteran San Antonio sharpshooter Brent Barry to gauge the free agents' interest.

Posey, a key reserve for the Celtics, is expected to draw the full mid-level exception of five years and about $30 million, though the Celtics have said they consider signing him an off-season priority.

Posey, though, is studying his options, primarily on championship contenders that include the Lakers, said his agent, Mark Bartelstein.

"I would say so," Bartelstein said. "When you get a taste of a championship, you want to keep winning them. The Lakers are a great team."

Posey, 31, averaged 6.7 points and 3.6 rebounds a game in the playoffs for the Celtics, including an 18-point outburst in the pivotal Game 4 of the NBA Finals. Posey was also on the Miami Heat team that won the championship in 2006.

Barry, 36, spent the last four seasons with the Spurs. He averaged 7.1 points last season, making a commendable 42.9% of his three-point attempts. He is a career 40.7% shooter from three-point range.

Vujacic and Turiaf remain priorities for the Lakers, though they are testing their worth around the league. The Lakers have the right to match any offer sheet they sign with another team.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers2-2008jul02,0,6422368.story?track=rss

Yes...I was gunna post this earlier, but forgot. Honestly, I'd rather just keep Sasha and Ronny.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6813 on: July 02, 2008, 06:59:11 PM »
Kemp close to NBA deal with Lakers

Staff report • July 2, 2008

Marcelus Kemp is close to a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, his agent said Tuesday.

Kemp, a former Nevada shooting guard, was not selected in the NBA draft last week.

"We haven't closed on a deal," agent John Grieg said. "We are essentially headed that route with the Lakers, but I really can't discuss it at the moment."

Grieg said a deal should be finalized in the next 10 days to two weeks.

"The Lakers have liked him and have been watching him for a while," Grieg said. "They're feeling fortunate to get him where they have, in a sense. He'll leave on Sunday to head to L.A. to begin his journey.

"He fits in with their kind of style. The triangle (offense) is a multipurpose guard format. I think he can fit in well with that."

Grieg said Kemp, who is from Seattle and did not immediately return a call seeking comment, made a strong impression on NBA teams.

"I think Marcelus has done an excellent job representing himself on a professional basis," he said. "That carries a lot of weight with teams. His maturity and poise as a sixth-year senior, that carries a lot of weight with them. He should be proud of that."

Kemp, a two-time first-team All-Western Athletic Conference selection and 2008 NABC All-District honoree, ranked second in the WAC in scoring last season at 20 points per game. He is second on Nevada's all-time scoring list with 1,939 points, and he set the school record for 3-pointers made (227).

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6814 on: July 06, 2008, 12:15:20 AM »
Doctors Clear Lakers' Bynum

Jul 05, 2008 12:35 PM EST

Lakers center Andrew Bynum received medical clearance on Thursday to begin his comeback from a serious knee injury, according to The Orange County Register.

Bynum meet with doctors in New York on Thursday and was given the green light to start conditioning.

"The knee looks wonderful and we are anticipating that within a short period of time, he will start training," agent David Lee said. "The doctors told him the knee was doing better than expected."
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53399/20080705/doctors_clear_lakers_bynum/

Citizen-Y

« Reply #6815 on: July 06, 2008, 09:08:15 AM »
I've also read that Bynum wants the max.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6816 on: July 07, 2008, 03:46:59 PM »
^Wrong...Bynum said he doesn't mind signing for less. It's his agent who spoke up and said he wants more...in the end, it's really up to Bynum to decide what he wants, and he'll definitely remain a Laker.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #6817 on: July 07, 2008, 07:04:03 PM »
^Wrong...Bynum said he doesn't mind signing for less. It's his agent who spoke up and said he wants more...in the end, it's really up to Bynum to decide what he wants, and he'll definitely remain a Laker.

Where's your source?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6818 on: July 07, 2008, 08:23:14 PM »
LA Times

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6819 on: July 09, 2008, 08:27:16 PM »
It will cost more to watch Lakers
Ticket prices go up for the third year in a row. Sasha Vujacic, Ronny Turiaf haven't signed offer sheets.
By Mike Bresnahan, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
July 9, 2008
The Lakers increased ticket prices across the board for a third consecutive season, a relatively unsurprising action after the team paid almost $5 million in luxury taxes on last season's payroll and faced a larger tax hit next season.

Courtside seats were raised from $2,300 to $2,500 a game, an 8.7% hike that moved beyond the typical annual increase of 4.5%.

Seats in six lower-level sections between the baskets -- 101, 102, 110, 111, 112 and 119 -- were raised from $230 to $245, a 6.5% increase that also topped the team's normal action on such seats.

The league average for ticket-price increases is usually 3% to 4%.

Other tickets in the lower bowl at Staples Center will be $210, $147, $110, and $85, increases of 4.8% to 6.3%.

Tickets in the upper bowl were raised slightly to $40 or $28, not including 500 seats that are a league-mandated $10.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6820 on: July 10, 2008, 11:46:36 AM »
Lakers interested in James Posey, Brent Barry

The Lakers continue to wait for Sasha Vujacic and Ronny Turiaf, but they have fall-back plans in case their restricted free agents don't re-sign with them.

The Lakers have talked with representatives of Boston small forward James Posey and veteran San Antonio sharpshooter Brent Barry to gauge the free agents' interest.

Posey, a key reserve for the Celtics, is expected to draw the full mid-level exception of five years and about $30 million, though the Celtics have said they consider signing him an off-season priority.

Posey, though, is studying his options, primarily on championship contenders that include the Lakers, said his agent, Mark Bartelstein.

"I would say so," Bartelstein said. "When you get a taste of a championship, you want to keep winning them. The Lakers are a great team."

Posey, 31, averaged 6.7 points and 3.6 rebounds a game in the playoffs for the Celtics, including an 18-point outburst in the pivotal Game 4 of the NBA Finals. Posey was also on the Miami Heat team that won the championship in 2006.

Barry, 36, spent the last four seasons with the Spurs. He averaged 7.1 points last season, making a commendable 42.9% of his three-point attempts. He is a career 40.7% shooter from three-point range.

Vujacic and Turiaf remain priorities for the Lakers, though they are testing their worth around the league. The Lakers have the right to match any offer sheet they sign with another team.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers2-2008jul02,0,6422368.story?track=rss

I would kill to get Posey on this team.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #6821 on: July 10, 2008, 12:21:44 PM »
I we won't lose Vujacic .. losing both Ronnie and Sasha would be way too much ... apparently we have offered Lamar for Artest

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6822 on: July 10, 2008, 12:36:02 PM »
apparently we have offered Lamar for Artest

lol, Artest and Bryant on the same team.. who doubts that somebody would be killed?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6823 on: July 10, 2008, 12:53:30 PM »
Report: Lakers approach Kings about Artest

The Lakers' toughness was repeatedly called into question during their NBA Finals loss to the Celtics. According to one report, they may think Ron Artest is the answer to that problem.

The Sacramento Bee reports that the Los Angeles Lakers recently called the Kings regarding the availability of the All-Star forward, citing an NBA source. According to the paper, Lamar Odom was believed to be offered in return.

As of Tuesday evening, the Kings had not yet responded to the offer. Of course, Kings president Geoff Petrie declined to confirm whether the offer even existed.

"Right now, (Artest is) just a terrific player to have on your roster," Petrie said. "I don't really have any speculation one way or another (about his future). We'll see what other things — not specific to Ron — but if there's some other way we can improve the team or change the team, we'll take a look at it."

The Kings would need to include another player to make the salaries match up in a Odom-for-Artest deal. It is expected that Sacramento would insist on Kenny Thomas — and the $18 million remaining on his existing contract — being included in any potential deal.

The Kings' expected payroll is currently very close to the NBA's luxury tax limit ($71.15 million) and the team has stated that they do not plan to sign any further free agents.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6824 on: July 10, 2008, 04:01:36 PM »
apparently we have offered Lamar for Artest

lol, Artest and Bryant on the same team.. who doubts that somebody would be killed?

Artest and Kobe are good friends...it would be a great duo. I really don't wanna lose Odom, though.