Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288107 times)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #6855 on: September 20, 2008, 02:21:36 PM »
Tau is on the lookout for another center

Tau Baskonia is on the lookout for one last player to complete their front line according to unconfirmed sources. Dusko Ivanovic apparently has 3 players at the top of his list and all of them are highly skilled and qualified.

At the top of the list is ukrainian center Oleksiy Pecherov(2.13-C) of the Washington Wizards. The 23-year old center didn't get much playing time in the NBA and this season he averaged 3.6 points and 1.9 rebounds in 35 games of the regular season. He has also played for Paris and BC Kyiv.

Next candidate is another ukrainian center, Kyrylo Fesenko(2.16-C) of the Utah Jazz. Fesenko spend some time in the NBDL with the Utah Flash and then returned to the Jazz for 9 games.

Last but not least is DJ Mbenga(2.14-C). MBenga comes from Congo but he also has a belgian passport. He played for Golden State and LA last season. He is a dominating presence defending the paint and has uncanny flexibility for a player of his size. Last season he averaged 2.5 points and 1.6 rebounds in 26 games with the Lakers.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6856 on: September 23, 2008, 02:02:43 AM »
^i hope we retain mbenga as a back-up for bynum. mihm can't do it alone, i dont think.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6857 on: September 25, 2008, 01:56:31 AM »
^i hope we retain mbenga as a back-up for bynum. mihm can't do it alone, i dont think.

handled. 8)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6858 on: September 29, 2008, 05:30:33 PM »
 :o 73-9....fuck the Bulls

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6859 on: October 01, 2008, 03:08:49 PM »
Bryant, Gasol may sit out some exhibition games for Lakers
Sep. 30, 2008
CBSSports.com wire reports

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol might sit out some of the Los Angeles Lakers' preseason games after a hectic offseason.

Bryant helped lead the United States to a victory over Gasol and Spain in the gold medal game in the Summer Olympics. Bryant and Gasol each took only a few weeks off before reporting for the first day of training camp Tuesday.

Bryant and Gasol played a carefree game of one-on-one near the end of the first of the Lakers' two practices. Their teammates, meanwhile, ran a set of wind sprints at the conclusion of their morning workout.

"This week I'm just seeing how they feel, how's their energy level, and then we'll adjust," coach Phil Jackson said. "I was told not to say that I wasn't going to play Kobe in exhibition games.

"So I'm not going to say Kobe's not going to play in this exhibition game or that exhibition game. But there is a chance they may not play in an exhibition game."

Jackson said last week he was determined to monitor Bryant's playing time more closely this season. The reigning NBA MVP, who turned 30 on Aug. 23 and is entering his 13th season, averaged 28.3 points in 38.9 minutes in leading the Lakers to the NBA Finals last season.

"Phil does a good job of making sure we stay in good condition, but that he doesn't overexert us too much because of the long summer we had," Bryant said. "I feel great. I could run all day. I'm in shape, so I'm ready to go."

The Lakers play their first preseason game Oct. 7.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service
Copyright 2007-2008, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6860 on: October 02, 2008, 09:53:24 PM »
Both Gasol and Odom will break the 10,000 point mark this season...Odom has 9,172 career points and Gasol has 9,474. Handled. 8)

hooray for meaningless milestones

now, lebron being the youngset to 10,000, THATS meaningful
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

wcsoldier

« Reply #6861 on: October 04, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »
Damn man , I definetely can't wait for this season ... offseason is always a pain ...  I will go to LA to attend some games without a doubt  8)

Will you? This year i'm planning to go to L.A. too, to addend some games. Let me know when you go, i might need some help with the tickets, the hotel and shit..

I have some holidays left for this year so I have decided to go from Nov 20 to Dec 2 so I will attend these games :

Lakers - Nuggets
Lakers- Kings
Lakers - Nets
Lakers - Mavs
Lakers - Raptors
Clippers- Hornets
Clippers- Nuggets
Clippers- Heat

Can't wait  8)

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #6862 on: October 07, 2008, 12:16:52 PM »
Damn man , I definetely can't wait for this season ... offseason is always a pain ...  I will go to LA to attend some games without a doubt  8)

Will you? This year i'm planning to go to L.A. too, to addend some games. Let me know when you go, i might need some help with the tickets, the hotel and shit..

I have some holidays left for this year so I have decided to go from Nov 20 to Dec 2 so I will attend these games :

Lakers - Nuggets
Lakers- Kings
Lakers - Nets
Lakers - Mavs
Lakers - Raptors
Clippers- Hornets
Clippers- Nuggets
Clippers- Heat

Can't wait  8)

BALLIN!!!!!

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #6863 on: October 07, 2008, 12:20:54 PM »
Wow man. How do you buy tickets? Online?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6864 on: October 07, 2008, 03:26:07 PM »
First pre-season game tonight at 7:00 PM (pacific) on KCAL 9... 8)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6865 on: October 07, 2008, 04:37:18 PM »
No more Tape  Delays on K-Cal 9

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6866 on: October 10, 2008, 12:26:18 PM »
No more Tape  Delays on K-Cal 9

YEEEEEEEEEEEA  8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6867 on: October 10, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »
Lakers waive Dwayne Mitchell

The Los Angeles Lakers have waived free agent guard Dwayne Mitchell, it was announced today.

Mitchell, a 6’5” 220-pound guard out of Louisiana Lafayette, was a member of the Lakers 2008 Summer-Pro League team in Las Vegas, where he averaged 6.7 points and 1.5 rebounds in 15.0 minutes over six games.

The Lakers preseason roster now stands at 18.

3 more to go...I presume it'll be CJ Giles, Brandon Heat, and Joe Crawford, which will leave our final roster at:

PG Derek Fisher...Jordan Farmar/Sun Yue
SG Kobe Bryant...Sasha Vujacic/Coby Karl
SF Lamar Odom...Trevor Ariza/Luke Walton
PF Pau Gasol...Vladimir Radmanovic/Josh Powell
C Andrew Bynum...Chris Mihm/DJ Mbenga

8)

I could be wrong, though.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #6868 on: October 11, 2008, 12:28:36 PM »
It's just my impression, but i think Radmanovic and Odom will switch their roles.. I mean Odom imho will play as a backup PF, cause that's where he gets rebounds and where he can share the ball the way he did during the Gasol-era last season. And he was impressing. Radmanovic will just drop 3's. But i see Odom playing from the bench, expecially as a PF. With Gasol or Bynum as C.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6869 on: October 19, 2008, 02:12:42 AM »
It's just my impression, but i think Radmanovic and Odom will switch their roles.. I mean Odom imho will play as a backup PF, cause that's where he gets rebounds and where he can share the ball the way he did during the Gasol-era last season. And he was impressing. Radmanovic will just drop 3's. But i see Odom playing from the bench, expecially as a PF. With Gasol or Bynum as C.

That sounds about right...Radmanovic has been playing as a 4, but Odom actually does very well from the 4 spot, and Radmanovic stretches the defense with his deadly 3ball for when Gasol and Bynum are on the floor. PJ knows what he's doin... 8)