Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287915 times)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #6885 on: November 03, 2008, 02:07:48 AM »
What the fuck am I suppose to do for 4 days without Laker basketball?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6886 on: November 03, 2008, 11:31:20 AM »
Ya'll know I love diggin up stats so let me go in real quick...

The most 3 pointers Trevor Ariza made in a season was last year: 5/18 in 35 games (Magic / Lakers). This seasons we're only 3 games in and he's already made 5/6. No way he's gonna keep that field goal percentage up but he's definitely going to shatter his old record, and he'll probably do it within the first 6 games of the season. I love it, shows he's really been working to make himself a better player.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6887 on: November 04, 2008, 08:56:47 PM »
Lakers' Bynum injures shoulder, expects to play

Posted: November 4, 2008
Sporting News staff reports

Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum strained his right rotator cuff during Monday's practice, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Though the Lakers are listing Bynum as day-to-day, the 21-year-old says he'll be ready to play Wednesday against the Clippers. Bynum: "I'll be at practice (today) and the game on Wednesday."

Bynum, the 10th overall pick in the 2005 draft, injured his shoulder while trying to block Chris Mihm's attempted dunk, according to the newspaper.

In three games this season, Bynum is averaging 8 points, 6.7 rebounds and 24.3 minutes per game.

Bynum signed a four-year, $58-million contract extension on Thursday.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6888 on: November 04, 2008, 09:12:50 PM »
Lakers Coach Phil Jackson seeks better second halves for Pau Gasol
Chris Carlson / Associated Press
Lakers forward Pau Gasol tries to drive around Charlotte's Nazr Mohammed in an exhibition game Oct. 23.
He would like to see him get the ball more and be more integrated in the game, as his tendencies are the flip side of those of Kobe Bryant.
By Mike Bresnahan
November 3, 2008
Where's Pauldo?

Pau Gasol has been active and efficient in the first halves of games, but he has disappeared after that, a problem Lakers Coach Phil Jackson wants to correct by getting his power forward more touches after halftime.

Gasol's early tendencies are the flip side of Kobe Bryant, who is typically more active in the second half. Jackson praised Bryant's game-saving flurry in the fourth quarter Saturday against Denver but thought Bryant's third-quarter activity was too much.

"He had to step it up in the third quarter a little bit and I thought pushed the envelope just a little bit too far," Jackson said. "Some of our guys got out of sync. Pau only got one or two shots in the second half. We want to use all our weapons."

Gasol was six for 12 in the first half against Denver and one for three in the second half. Against Portland, he made seven of nine shots in the first half but missed his only shot in the second half.

Against the Clippers, he was a nondescript two for five in the first half and one for five in the second half.

"He's just not getting the ball in the second half," Jackson said. "In fairness to Kobe, he's playing the team game the first half and he's looking for his own situation the second half. That balance has got to even out a little bit."

Gasol, who has been on the NBA equivalent of cloud nine since being acquired by the Lakers last February, shrugged off the decline of his second-half production.

"It has happened the first three games, but I'm a player that I play to win," he said. "When I get my touches on offense, I think I can be very effective. But I also understand that in the game, sometimes we have so many players that can contribute and do so many things offensively, it's just going to happen that way."

Gasol is averaging 14.7 points a game, second to Bryant, and leads the team with 10.7 rebounds a game.

Rebounding edge

Sometimes it seems as if there are five 7-footers on the court for the Lakers, who are second in the league with 51 rebounds a game.

The Lakers held a 53-38 rebounding advantage over Denver and a 51-32 edge over the Clippers. They out-rebounded Portland in the season opener, 49-44.

"I think we're making a big emphasis on being a solid, dominating rebounding team," Gasol said. "We have the big guys to do that. That's what we have to do every game.

"I think if you dominate that aspect of the game, you have a big advantage not just now but when the playoffs come."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6889 on: November 06, 2008, 01:58:44 AM »
we STAY handling shit. 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6890 on: November 09, 2008, 08:55:57 PM »
...yet ANOTHER blowout. 8)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6891 on: November 09, 2008, 09:43:30 PM »
si, me gusta ganar por muchos puntos  :sombrero:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6892 on: November 10, 2008, 11:57:58 AM »
Ya'll know I love diggin up stats so let me go in real quick...

The most 3 pointers Trevor Ariza made in a season was last year: 5/18 in 35 games (Magic / Lakers). This seasons we're only 3 games in and he's already made 5/6. No way he's gonna keep that field goal percentage up but he's definitely going to shatter his old record, and he'll probably do it within the first 6 games of the season. I love it, shows he's really been working to make himself a better player.

Told'ya

6/10   in the first 5 games. Every 3 he makes from now on is just butter on the toast, haaa!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6893 on: November 11, 2008, 08:19:22 PM »
Great win.....good job by phil benching Vlad....Ariza is Amazing 8)

wcsoldier

« Reply #6894 on: November 11, 2008, 08:55:38 PM »
Wassup with these slow starts ? The 1st unit needs to come with way more energy than that

Defense : very bad defense through the 1st half , wanting to shut down  Dirk is one thing , leaving every others Mavs WIDE open is another (since when you leave guys like Terry open from downtown  :-X Kidd had time to drink three beers before shooting and they did not adjust on Green aswell)

- Andrew did a poor job as a defensive anchor , did not box out well and didn't avoid guards penetrations..

Offense : Kobe needs to be more agressive in the early going... Drew athleticism is still not back as he missed shots with deep postion in the paint..

Player of the Game : Trevor , amazing energy on D and what I like about his offense is that he's aware of his strenghts and weaknesses therefore he doesn't force anything...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6895 on: November 12, 2008, 12:23:48 AM »
Wassup with these slow starts ? The 1st unit needs to come with way more energy than that

Defense : very bad defense through the 1st half , wanting to shut down  Dirk is one thing , leaving every others Mavs WIDE open is another (since when you leave guys like Terry open from downtown  :-X Kidd had time to drink three beers before shooting and they did not adjust on Green aswell)

- Andrew did a poor job as a defensive anchor , did not box out well and didn't avoid guards penetrations..

Offense : Kobe needs to be more agressive in the early going... Drew athleticism is still not back as he missed shots with deep postion in the paint..

Player of the Game : Trevor , amazing energy on D and what I like about his offense is that he's aware of his strenghts and weaknesses therefore he doesn't force anything...

Damn, Odom has some competition for 6th man of the year... TREVOR ARIZA. 8)

Doggystylin

« Reply #6896 on: November 12, 2008, 10:05:24 AM »
I'm so glad I signed him as a FA onto my fantasy team.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6897 on: November 12, 2008, 01:04:16 PM »
Does anyone know where I can watch tonight's game online?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6898 on: November 12, 2008, 06:17:13 PM »
8 rebounds and 4 blocks in the first half. Bynum owns the paint.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #6899 on: November 13, 2008, 01:31:20 PM »
is it me or does gasol seem like a weanie. he gets overpowerd by chris paul when hes shorter than him.

no balls gasol

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.