Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287023 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #6900 on: November 14, 2008, 03:08:02 AM »
is it me or does gasol seem like a weanie. he gets overpowerd by chris paul when hes shorter than him.

no balls gasol

still tossin muufuckaz. 8)

WestCoasta

« Reply #6901 on: November 15, 2008, 01:00:32 PM »
Gasol IS a weenie... don't know if the Lakers will ever win with that lady in the paint

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6902 on: November 16, 2008, 02:10:07 PM »
Gasol IS a weenie... don't know if the Lakers will ever win with that lady in the paint

you're a weenie...Gasol is playing great. ::)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6903 on: November 24, 2008, 02:13:46 PM »
Tentative plans in motion for Sun
November 23rd, 2008, 5:59 pm · posted by ART THOMPSON III, OCREGISTER.COM

LOS ANGELES - Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Sunday that he indeed has talked with rookie guard Sun Yue about the likelihood of Sun playing for the Lakers’ D-League affiliate Los Angeles D-Fenders.

“We haven’t talked about a specific timetable, though. We’re still figuring out what we’re going to do with games and practices,” Jackson said.

It is very clear that Sun does not want to go down to the D-League, deeming it a demotion. But the Lakers’ coaching staff believes that the best thing for him is to get some actual game experience, something that he would get with the Lakers now, unless some extreme circumstances were to occur.

Sun’s routine consists of participating in every practice. On game nights he goes out early for shooting drills, under the direction of assistant coaches Jim Clemons and Craig Hodges. Afterward, he retreats to the locker room to get dressed in his street clothes.

“Nothing yet,” Sun said, when asked before Sunday’s game if there had been any decision made on what the immediate plans are for him. “But what can I do, except practice hard? I came here to play in the NBA.”

Asked if he thought a stint in the D-League might be beneficial, Sun said, “I really don’t want to talk about something that hasn’t happened, yet.”

Since he isn't even on the playing roster, I don't see why this wasn't done at the beginning of the season.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6904 on: November 24, 2008, 03:06:24 PM »
^LOL...Sun probably signed with us thinking he was gunna get decent minutes in the regular season. It's clear that he's not ready to compete at the level were playing at. Send his ass to the D-League!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6905 on: November 24, 2008, 03:50:59 PM »
^LOL...Sun probably signed with us thinking he was gunna get decent minutes in the regular season. It's clear that he's not ready to compete at the level were playing at.Send his ass to the D-League!
How do you know that? He's never even been given the chance.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6906 on: November 24, 2008, 03:59:26 PM »
^LOL...Sun probably signed with us thinking he was gunna get decent minutes in the regular season. It's clear that he's not ready to compete at the level were playing at.Send his ass to the D-League!
How do you know that? He's never even been given the chance.

He has the tools to be a very nice guard in this league, no doubt, but I saw him in pre-season...his game will take some adjusting before it can translate to the NBA style of play. Either that, or he plays very nervous...he looked much better with the Chinese national team than he did in the pre-season.

Remember, this is the guy I was hyping as our future point guard when we first drafted him...I think he can make it. I just think it'll take some time...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6907 on: November 27, 2008, 09:32:34 PM »
Lakers center Andrew Bynum has a foot injury

He is listed as day to day after a small bone spur in his right foot chipped off during Tuesday's game against New Jersey.
By Mike Bresnahan
4:15 PM PST, November 27, 2008
Lakers center Andrew Bynum sustained a right foot injury Tuesday against New Jersey and is listed as day to day.

An MRI exam and a CT scan revealed that a small bone spur had chipped off the foot, causing pain and inflammation.

The Lakers will update Bynum's condition before Friday's game against Dallas.

Bynum is the Lakers' third-leading scorer, averaging 11.5 points a game. He is the team's second-leading rebounder, averaging 8.9 a game.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6908 on: November 27, 2008, 10:45:34 PM »
^very minor...nothing to worry about.

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6909 on: November 30, 2008, 04:43:58 AM »
Playing in the D-League did nothing but good for Jordan Farmar, so I definitely think Sun would benefit from it.

Anywho, how about this run the Lakers are on? There's definitely room for improvement in some areas, but overall I would say it is beautiful basketball.  8)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6910 on: November 30, 2008, 10:28:41 AM »
can bynum make it through the whole season?

im not sure
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6911 on: November 30, 2008, 01:44:43 PM »

im not sure

I think KG has a chance to break down before Bynum does. :P

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6912 on: November 30, 2008, 03:37:58 PM »

im not sure

Is Kevin Garnett going to miss 9 games b/c of a Stomach Ache again?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6913 on: December 01, 2008, 03:02:26 PM »
Sig of the year. Too bad Odom isn't in it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6914 on: December 02, 2008, 05:26:21 PM »
Kobe with 22 gz 8)