Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287609 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #6930 on: December 08, 2008, 03:14:10 PM »
The rest of the league needs to step the fuck up ... every game is over after 30 minutes of action max .. it starts to be boring ...
Fuck that. I'd rather see the Lakers blow out a team every night then have them win/lose close games (2005-06 season, anyone?).

wcsoldier

« Reply #6931 on: December 09, 2008, 09:49:37 PM »
We should pull off a trade to get a better defensive player at the PG position ... that high screen and roll defense is TERRIBLE( well the PG is not the only responsible for that but he's a huge part)  ... Drew needs to re-become that defensive anchor again , Kobe needs to stop gambling and the whole team needs to stop helping-doubled team for no reason after a screen ... it results in WIDE open threes  for the opponent ... if we keep playing that kind of D (well , we do not play any) we won't beat whoever will come out of the East ... and it's not overraction based on this loss ... it's based on what I saw from the latest  10-12 games

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6932 on: December 10, 2008, 07:14:54 AM »
19-2 > 17-3
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6933 on: December 10, 2008, 07:15:46 AM »
The rest of the league needs to step the fuck up ... every game is over after 30 minutes of action max .. it starts to be boring ...

woops...ahahahaha
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6934 on: December 10, 2008, 07:47:37 PM »
WTF? Luke Walton is startng tonight.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6935 on: December 10, 2008, 08:25:34 PM »

why you got an old quote of Hack's n your sig?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6936 on: December 10, 2008, 08:46:57 PM »

You were rooting for my team. I like it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6937 on: December 11, 2008, 01:24:57 AM »
Luke seems way more comfortable in the starting line-up, he plays like shit when Phil brings him off the bench...anyone agree? Maybe Phil should keep him in there as a starter, if only for confidence...after all, he was a 12-5-5 guy last time he started a full season for us.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6938 on: December 11, 2008, 01:27:20 AM »
We should pull off a trade to get a better defensive player at the PG position ... that high screen and roll defense is TERRIBLE( well the PG is not the only responsible for that but he's a huge part)  ... Drew needs to re-become that defensive anchor again , Kobe needs to stop gambling and the whole team needs to stop helping-doubled team for no reason after a screen ... it results in WIDE open threes  for the opponent ... if we keep playing that kind of D (well , we do not play any) we won't beat whoever will come out of the East ... and it's not overraction based on this loss ... it's based on what I saw from the latest  10-12 games

Like I said in the other thread, LMAO@thinking our roster need adjustments. :laugh:

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6939 on: December 11, 2008, 11:22:24 AM »

lol i dont even remember what game that was

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6940 on: December 11, 2008, 11:38:32 AM »

lol i dont even remember what game that was
Chargers-Patriots

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6941 on: December 11, 2008, 12:13:54 PM »
ah

good job SD!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6942 on: December 11, 2008, 04:36:24 PM »
Right Now, Kobe Only Laker All Star
By Kurt Helin

Updated 2:18 PM PST, Thu, Dec 11, 2008

The team is 18-3 but only one guy deserves to be an All Star? Really?

The first results from the NBA’s All Star fan balloting are out and only one Laker is in the starting five, and maybe just one will make the team.

Just as everyone expected, Kobe Bryant leads all vote getters in the West from his guard spot. He’s second overall in vote getting behind center Dwight Howard in the East. But that’s not really fair, the second-best center in the East is Samuel Dalembert, so everybody with a brain votes for Howard.

Pau Gasol has been the best Laker player over the past two weeks, but he is fifth in the voting in a Western Conference stacked with good forwards. Anybody who has watched the Lakers this season knows Gasol is playing at an All Star level --  he’s a key part of an 18-3 team, averages 18.0 points per game while shooting 57%, and adds 9.2 rebounds and 3.4 assists per contest.

The problem? Here are the four vote getters ahead of him: Tim Duncan, Amar’e Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony (who scored 33 in on quarter last night) and Dirk Nowitzki. Pretty tough group to leapfrog. Hopefully the Western Conference coach (hello Mr. Jackson, can I call you Phil?) can help out here with an appointment.

Andrew Bynum is currently third among Western Conference centers. He’s not going to catch leader Yao Ming, who hails from a country where people’s home computers are seemingly allowed to log on to only one international Web page, the NBA All Star ballot.

But what about that second spot? Right now Bynum is about 6,500 votes behind Utah’s Mehmet Okur. Seriously, who are you going to take when picking teams on the playground, Bynum or Okur? Exactly. This is one where the young Laker should get to his first of many career All Star games this year. Unless the people of Turkey start stuffing the ballot box.

Copyright NBC Local Media

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/sports/basketball/nba/Right-Now-Kobe-Only-Laker-All-Star-.html

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6943 on: December 11, 2008, 05:37:25 PM »
Right Now, Kobe Only Laker All Star
By Kurt Helin

Updated 2:18 PM PST, Thu, Dec 11, 2008

The team is 18-3 but only one guy deserves to be an All Star? Really?

The first results from the NBA’s All Star fan balloting are out and only one Laker is in the starting five, and maybe just one will make the team.

Just as everyone expected, Kobe Bryant leads all vote getters in the West from his guard spot. He’s second overall in vote getting behind center Dwight Howard in the East. But that’s not really fair, the second-best center in the East is Samuel Dalembert, so everybody with a brain votes for Howard.

Pau Gasol has been the best Laker player over the past two weeks, but he is fifth in the voting in a Western Conference stacked with good forwards. Anybody who has watched the Lakers this season knows Gasol is playing at an All Star level --  he’s a key part of an 18-3 team, averages 18.0 points per game while shooting 57%, and adds 9.2 rebounds and 3.4 assists per contest.

The problem? Here are the four vote getters ahead of him: Tim Duncan, Amar’e Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony (who scored 33 in on quarter last night) and Dirk Nowitzki. Pretty tough group to leapfrog. Hopefully the Western Conference coach (hello Mr. Jackson, can I call you Phil?) can help out here with an appointment.

Andrew Bynum is currently third among Western Conference centers. He’s not going to catch leader Yao Ming, who hails from a country where people’s home computers are seemingly allowed to log on to only one international Web page, the NBA All Star ballot.

But what about that second spot? Right now Bynum is about 6,500 votes behind Utah’s Mehmet Okur. Seriously, who are you going to take when picking teams on the playground, Bynum or Okur? Exactly. This is one where the young Laker should get to his first of many career All Star games this year. Unless the people of Turkey start stuffing the ballot box.

Copyright NBC Local Media

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/sports/basketball/nba/Right-Now-Kobe-Only-Laker-All-Star-.html

lolz

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6944 on: December 14, 2008, 04:19:10 AM »
^Bynum and Gasol BETTER make the team.