Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288329 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #6960 on: December 18, 2008, 06:20:58 AM »
Nah.. Barea has more competition in Dallas than Farmar has in LA. ">>>" is completely wrong, like usually when you use it.

Barea is starting, wtf are you talking about? Farmar is EASILY better. LOLLL.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6961 on: December 18, 2008, 11:18:14 AM »
Nah.. Barea has more competition in Dallas than Farmar has in LA. ">>>" is completely wrong, like usually when you use it.

Carlisle is always switching them niggas up.. him having started a minority of the games doesn't mean jackshit. Barea has had the better season so far.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6962 on: December 18, 2008, 07:45:16 PM »

Carlisle is always switching them niggas up.. him having started a minority of the games doesn't mean jackshit. Barea has had the better season so far.

Barea:
7.4 PPG
1.9 RPG
3.2 APG
.3 SPG
.1 BPG

Farmar:
7.8 PPG
2.2 RPG
2.4 APG
1 SPG
.2 BPG

Farmar's team=way more stacked.

Farmar=winner

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6963 on: December 19, 2008, 04:04:26 AM »
FG%: Barea 0.445 | Farmar: 0.395
3P%: Barea 0.375 | Farmar: 0.328
FT%: Barea 0.700 | Farmar: 0.643
TO  : Barea 1,14   | Farmar: 1,38

Farmar = loser
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6964 on: December 19, 2008, 01:51:04 PM »
FG%: Barea 0.445 | Farmar: 0.395
3P%: Barea 0.375 | Farmar: 0.328
FT%: Barea 0.700 | Farmar: 0.643
TO  : Barea 1,14   | Farmar: 1,38

Farmar = loser

Farmar is in a slump...he usually shoots a nice percentage, and he's a much better player than Barea. Face it. Farmar on the current Mavs would be averaging at least 12-5-5.

Barea is also a huge liability on D.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6965 on: December 19, 2008, 09:20:12 PM »
kaman was just a jab...dudes got skill tho

but i'd still take Yao and Amare.  from those stats it appears Bynum doesn't play as much as the Centers he opposes (Yao 36, bynum 17...Amare 40, Bynum 30?)   very small samples here ofcourse. 

either way Bynum's certainly a great center.  top 5 right now, but I'll take Yao, Howard and Amare over him.  and Duncan if he's the biggest guy on the court.

That's because Bynum plays alongside all-star caliber bigs in Odom

don't dream too hard
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6966 on: December 19, 2008, 09:51:28 PM »
kaman was just a jab...dudes got skill tho

but i'd still take Yao and Amare.  from those stats it appears Bynum doesn't play as much as the Centers he opposes (Yao 36, bynum 17...Amare 40, Bynum 30?)   very small samples here ofcourse. 

either way Bynum's certainly a great center.  top 5 right now, but I'll take Yao, Howard and Amare over him.  and Duncan if he's the biggest guy on the court.

That's because Bynum plays alongside all-star caliber bigs in Odom

don't dream too hard

Odom's been an all-star caliber player his whole career...shoot yourself if you think otherwise.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6967 on: December 20, 2008, 05:34:52 AM »
wheres his all-star appearances again????

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Elano

« Reply #6968 on: December 20, 2008, 05:41:34 AM »
Dwight Howard will be a big test for Lakers' Andrew Bynum

Reporting from Miami -- The mountain of a young man is up next.

Andrew Bynum faced an undersized center in Miami's 6-9 Joe Anthony on Friday night and didn't fare so well, much of it his own doing.

Tonight, Bynum will face a center many consider the best in the NBA in Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic.

"It's going to be tough," Bynum said. "You're going have to keep him as far away from the basket as you can and make him shoot shots. If he starts getting dunks, it's over."

Just ask San Antonio's Tim Duncan, whom Howard backed down low and dunked over during a game between the Spurs and Magic on Thursday.

"Yeah, I saw that," Bynum said. "That was something."

Howard is a chiseled, 6-11, 265-pounder who is a power player.

There is little finesse in Howard's game.

"He gets up and down the court pretty fast," Bynum said. "He's really good at ducking in. He's probably the best in the league that whenever he sees the ball coming toward his side at being real aggressive."

Howard is averaging 20.8 points per game, 20th-best in the NBA.

He leads the NBA in rebounds (14.1) and blocked shots (3.8) and is fourth in field-goal percentage (56.9%).

When Bynum and Howard played against each other the one time last season, Bynum held his ground.

Howard had 17 points, eight rebounds and five blocked shots in 36 minutes.

Bynum had 10 points, six rebounds and seven blocked shots in 28 minutes.

"It's definitely going to be a fun matchup," Bynum said. "I'll just go out there and do what I do. I'll try to get buckets, try to get rebounds and play good defense."

Bynum, however, didn't get himself prepared for a showdown against Howard.

Bynum had only four points and six rebounds against the Heat on Friday night.

He played only 27 minutes.

"A couple of minutes and a couple of fouls," said Bynum, who picked up four fouls during the game. "I can't do that."

Bynum took only four shots, making two. He didn't get a field-goal attempt in the first half.

"We tried to get into him and tried to get things going for him," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said. "It just wasn't clicking for him tonight."

At 7-0, 285 pounds, Bynum has the size to match up against Howard.

But Howard is known around the league as a powerful player.

"He's real strong," Bynum said. "He's got that physical gift. You got to make him shoot shots and not let him get dunks because that's when he's going to keep trying to bull you over."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6969 on: December 20, 2008, 10:13:01 AM »
wheres his all-star appearances again????

do you know what an all-star caliber player means or did you forget to smoke your crack this morning?

Doggystylin

« Reply #6970 on: December 20, 2008, 12:07:32 PM »
Bynum was so fucking sloppy and soft against Miami, the more I see Bynum the more it just seems like he's a dude who just got into basketball because of his size and what people around him told him rather than someone who has heart and loves the game. Shaq has every right to be a bum, he's old, he's won his championships, he can eat KFC and be a bum. Bynum hasn't done shit and already has the attitude.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #6971 on: December 20, 2008, 12:37:57 PM »
Bynum was so fucking sloppy and soft against Miami, the more I see Bynum the more it just seems like he's a dude who just got into basketball because of his size and what people around him told him rather than someone who has heart and loves the game. Shaq has every right to be a bum, he's old, he's won his championships, he can eat KFC and be a bum. Bynum hasn't done shit and already has the attitude.

Bynum was shit last night but I wouldn't judge his entire career based on that one game..

Doggystylin

« Reply #6972 on: December 20, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »

Bynum was shit last night but I wouldn't judge his entire career based on that one game..

I'm not. I'm a huge Laker fan and have been following Bynum since he was drafted.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #6973 on: December 20, 2008, 02:19:40 PM »

I'm not. I'm a huge Laker fan and have been following Bynum since he was drafted.

I feel you. I'm pretty convinced that Bynum is gonna be great but I guess only time will tell.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6974 on: December 20, 2008, 03:53:18 PM »

LMAO, seriously...Doggy doesn't even watch Laker games...the one game he does watch happens to be Bynum's worst performance of the season and he uses that as his basis for judging him. if Bynum would've exploded for 25-12, Doggy woulda came in here talkin about what a beast he is...LOL