Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286898 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #6990 on: December 21, 2008, 10:10:22 PM »
LA's 7-4 in the east

we got the better conf i'd say

4 losses to garbage teams. wait a lil longer before u talk shit.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6991 on: December 22, 2008, 11:45:27 PM »
Farmar out 8 weeks. :(

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6993 on: December 23, 2008, 11:02:18 AM »
lakers actually won yesterday

good job LA
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6994 on: December 23, 2008, 01:59:12 PM »
Hopefully, Farmar's injury provides a positive, like Sun Yue's integration into the rotation... :-\

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6995 on: December 23, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »
Hopefully, Farmar's injury provides a positive, like Sun Yue's integration into the rotation... :-\

"the chinese magic" will be more like "the chinese Yi"
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6996 on: December 23, 2008, 09:30:35 PM »

Yi is already Chinese, ya crackhead...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6997 on: December 24, 2008, 09:57:35 AM »

Yi is already Chinese, ya crackhead...

that was the joke, Bynum-Sperm Sipper

Elano

« Reply #6998 on: December 24, 2008, 10:29:34 AM »
Andrew Bynum battling issue of fouls

It has become a common sight in recent games, the referee walking over to the scorer's table and flashing one finger followed by seven fingers.

Another foul on Andrew Bynum, No. 17 for the Lakers.

The 21-year-old center was slowed by foul trouble on the Lakers' road trip, a stat line that read 4-5-4-4 over the team's last four games. He picked up two first-quarter fouls in each of those games.

It's part of his growing pains, Coach Phil Jackson said.

"You've seen a lot of great centers come through that foul [issue]," Jackson said. "Patrick Ewing was a guy that got in foul trouble all the time when he was young. He adjusted to the refereeing."

The Lakers' coaching staff has been getting on Bynum to stay grounded more often on defense.

"That's the basic thing that coaches, and in particular, Kurt [Rambis], are working with him on -- stay down, you don't have to block everything," Jackson said.

Bynum picked up his second foul with 4:41 left in the first quarter Tuesday against New Orleans.

He returned, however, to finish with 13 points, seven rebounds and three blocked shots, easily his best effort of the road trip.

Record-keeping

The Lakers went 2-2 on their road trip but still have only five losses, as Coach Phil Jackson pointed out.

"Three have been either/or losses," he said. "We've had one loss that occurred at home and one loss on the road that I would say are significant losses -- to Sacramento and Detroit. The other losses we've had, we've either had shots to win or they made last-second shots to win. You can't get upset about that."

The Lakers are 23-5 overall.

Turn of events

Lamar Odom had been struggling, so much so that Jackson mentioned it to reporters before Monday's game in Memphis, Tenn.

"Lamar hasn't been able to do much of anything recently very well, unfortunately," Jackson said. "He had a good game against New York, but he has really struggled lately. I hope he gets on track."

It might have happened against New Orleans.

Odom had eight points, eight rebounds and five assists in 32 minutes.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6999 on: December 24, 2008, 10:44:06 AM »
and people say Bynum's the best center in the league...LOL

comparing him to PAtrick Ewing is a joke...Ewing also had proven himself in college unlike the illiterate Bynum

Doggystylin

« Reply #7000 on: December 24, 2008, 01:13:55 PM »
boston is gonna get dicked hard

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7001 on: December 24, 2008, 09:04:25 PM »
Bynum will be better than Ewing...LOL@using the fact that he fouls as an argument against him...Dwight averaged more fouls per game in a full season than Bynum. :-*

Lakers>Celtics. 8)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7002 on: December 25, 2008, 09:50:27 AM »
17 > 14

27 wins > 22

the big 3 > kobe + gumby 1 and gumby 2

atleast you guys have jack nickelson...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7003 on: December 25, 2008, 02:36:17 PM »
17 > 14

27 wins > 22

29 Finals appearances > 20 Finals appearances

56 playoff appearances > 46 playoff appearances

Getting a ring in every era > doing the majority of your damage in one era (a weak one, at that)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7004 on: December 25, 2008, 03:04:43 PM »
17 > 14

27 wins > 22

29 Finals appearances > 20 Finals appearances

56 playoff appearances > 46 playoff appearances

Getting a ring in every era > doing the majority of your damage in one era (a weak one, at that)

1-nobody celebrates losing the NBA finals.  nobody.  try going 17-3 in the finals :D   if my math is correct, the Lakers have a LOSING record in the finals?

2-the Lakers didn't win any rings from 1955-1970, so unless "era" can mean a 16 year span they dind't get any rings during the Bill Russell era.  Oh, and the Lakers didn't win anything in the 1990's either.  Summer of 2000 doesn't count.