Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287283 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7035 on: January 17, 2009, 10:15:51 PM »
dwight howard > andrew bynum on steroids
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7036 on: January 19, 2009, 06:00:41 PM »
Lakers Offering Odom for Jermaine O Neal?

by D.Michael Lee (Scribe)
January 19, 2009

1/19/09

While many league executives figured Jermaine O’Neal would be heading to Miami for Shawn Marion any day now, it now seems there is a new front runner in obtaining the services of the big man. The Toronto Sun reports today that the Los Angeles Lakers have contacted the Raptors about offering forward Lamar Odom and his expiring contract for O’Neal.

The Lakers, who had at one time attempted to land O’Neal when he was a member of the Pacers, are obviously not completely sold on the prospects of a Bynum and Gasol front court in the postseason, and this move could help both teams now and later.

If the Heat do not land O’Neal, their plan B seems to be targeted around Kings’ big man Brad Miller or Mavericks forward Josh Howard.

A Howard-for-Shawn Marion swap may get some buzz around the net, but Dallas reportedly is not interested. Meanwhile, Sacramento, who had originally looked to Charlotte for a deal for Miller, may wait a few more weeks to see who comes up with the best package for the veteran center.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7037 on: January 21, 2009, 04:33:30 PM »
Though it would be surprising, Kobe Bryant said he could see Dwyane Wade and LeBron James signing with the same team as free agents in 2010, with the Knicks having the cap space to do it. ''Why not?'' Bryant said. ``They played well together at the Olympics.''

James said Wade ``is like the brother I never had. He has always proved doubters wrong. You don't want to play a team in the playoffs that has a guy [like that] that can take over.''
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/858935.html

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7038 on: January 21, 2009, 08:54:38 PM »
Lakers Offering Odom for Jermaine O Neal?

by D.Michael Lee (Scribe)
January 19, 2009

1/19/09

While many league executives figured Jermaine O’Neal would be heading to Miami for Shawn Marion any day now, it now seems there is a new front runner in obtaining the services of the big man. The Toronto Sun reports today that the Los Angeles Lakers have contacted the Raptors about offering forward Lamar Odom and his expiring contract for O’Neal.

The Lakers, who had at one time attempted to land O’Neal when he was a member of the Pacers, are obviously not completely sold on the prospects of a Bynum and Gasol front court in the postseason, and this move could help both teams now and later.

If the Heat do not land O’Neal, their plan B seems to be targeted around Kings’ big man Brad Miller or Mavericks forward Josh Howard.

A Howard-for-Shawn Marion swap may get some buzz around the net, but Dallas reportedly is not interested. Meanwhile, Sacramento, who had originally looked to Charlotte for a deal for Miller, may wait a few more weeks to see who comes up with the best package for the veteran center.

:puke: hell naah.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7039 on: January 22, 2009, 04:04:58 PM »
Lakers' Jackson to coach West All-Stars

NEW YORK (Ticker) -- Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson on Wednesday was named the coach of the Western Conference for the 2009 NBA All-Star Game.

It is the fourth time Jackson has been named to the All-Star post. He coached the Eastern Conference in 1992 and 1996 as a member of the Chicago Bulls before leading the West in the 2000 All-Star Game.

The Lakers improved to 33-8 and clinched at least a share of the best win percentage in the West through February 1 with a 108-97 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers
on Wednesday, sealing the honor for Jackson.

The San Antonio Spurs could equal the Lakers for the best win percentage in the West during the first half, but since Gregg Popovich coached the All-Star team more recently, doing so in 2005, Jackson would still be awarded the honor in the event of a tie.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/TheWireStory.asp?id=15780

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7040 on: January 24, 2009, 12:38:07 AM »
Lakers' Phil Jackson On The Verge Of Retirement
LOS ANGELES (CBS) ―

Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson said he may retire after the 2009-2010 season, reports CBS station KCBS-TV in Los Angeles.

In an interview airing on Sunday, Jackson told Magic Johnson, "One more year after this one with the Lakers,"

However, Jackson left himself some wiggle room , "Let's just do one year at a time right now. So that's what we're doing," Jackson said.

Lakers team owner Jerry Buss said during an interview Nov. 9 with beat reporters that he expects Jackson to coach well past the end of his current contract, which ends after the 2009-10 season, according to the L.A. Daily News.
http://cbs2.com/sports/phil.jackson.lakers.2.916655.html

I doubt Phil has it in him to coach until Kobe retires.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7041 on: January 24, 2009, 03:22:18 PM »
^he's not gunna retire once he realizes he's on the verge of another threepeat. 8)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7042 on: January 26, 2009, 07:09:51 PM »
laers beat writer was on Cowherd today

said next year will be the last because

1-he's got bad knees?? doesn't like traveling?

2-he wants to finish his contract

3-he owns alot of land in Montana
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7043 on: January 28, 2009, 02:52:41 AM »
^i doubt it

anyways...the bobcats are an underrated team, but we have no business losing to them the way we did. even with that bullshit call that caused kobe to foul out.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7044 on: January 28, 2009, 06:42:31 AM »
im just quoting the dude

said he flies w/ the team and sees Jackson struggling on his knees and crap

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7045 on: February 05, 2009, 07:09:53 PM »
I WANT TO BELIVE PHIL IS JUST GIVING LUKE AND SASHA ONE MORE CHANCE BEFORE THEY GET TRADED

THERE IS NO REASON ARIZA TO HAVE 3 PLAYING MINUTES

Rick McCrank

« Reply #7046 on: February 08, 2009, 01:47:42 PM »
Lakers giving up too many points off dumb mistakes, missing some shots too

other than the fact that Z and Mo Williams and gay boy Wally have hit all their shots, Cavs don't impress me much

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #7047 on: February 08, 2009, 05:14:52 PM »
Lamar Odom went insane tonight. 15 points and 10 rebounds in the 3rd quarter alone, 28 pts 17 rebounds total.

Hopefully this might shut up all the dumb asses who blame Odom for every single problem the Lakers ever had.

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7048 on: February 08, 2009, 11:36:15 PM »
Trade Odom ass , that dude is pathetic ...

No thanks

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7049 on: February 08, 2009, 11:36:56 PM »