Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286967 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7110 on: March 19, 2009, 02:33:48 PM »
Bynum's recovering, Ariza makes a promise, and Bryant goes to court

Lakers center Andrew Bynum said Wednesday that he plans to begin basketball-related activities Friday, the next step in his recovery from a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee.

"I'm going to increase my lateral movement come Friday and I'm going to try to get back on the court and do a little bit of drills on Friday as well," Bynum said during an interview with John Ireland and Steve Mason of KSPN (710-AM).

Bynum said his participation in a full practice with his teammates is still a few weeks away, and he remains hopeful of playing in an undetermined number of regular-season games next month. The Lakers end their season April 14.

"As far as when I'm coming back, it'll be as soon as I'm ready, man," Bynum said. "It will definitely be some time in the middle of April."

Bynum has been sidelined since Jan. 31, when Kobe Bryant accidentally tumbled into his knee while attempting a driving layup in a victory over Memphis. He was originally expected to be sidelined for between eight and 12 weeks.

Bynum suffered what turned out to be a season-ending left kneecap injury in a game against Memphis on Jan. 13, 2008. He said Wednesday that the two injuries are nothing alike and hopes to return to the lineup as soon as possible.

"This injury is way, way more mild than the injury I had last year," Bynum said. "For one, I don't need surgery. Last year, I definitely did. Number two, everything going straight and backwards is 100 percent fine. I'm able to run.

"It's just the lateral movement that I have an issue with."

Ariza makes a promise

Trevor Ariza acknowledged making a mistake in not fouling Andre Iguodala of the Philadelphia 76 ers before he launched the game-winning 3-pointer Tuesday night. Lakers coach Phil Jackson told the team to foul because they were not yet over the limit with 6.6 seconds remaining in the game.

"That was my mistake," Ariza said. "That was the first time I was in that situation. All I can do is learn from it now. I guarantee you the next time I get in a situation like that it will be different."

What's more, Ariza promised the Lakers would not squander another double-digit lead tonight against the Golden State Warriors.

The Lakers blew a 15-point lead, but held on to defeat the Dallas Mavericks 107-100 on Sunday afternoon. They gave away a 14-point lead and lost to the 76 ers 94-93 on Iguodala's buzzer-beater on Tuesday.

Ariza laughed when asked if the Lakers lacked a killer instinct.

"Nah, I don't think that's what it is," he said. "I just think we kind of relax when we shouldn't. We take things for granted a little bit, but I guarantee you that (squandering a big lead) won't happen again."

Juror No. 24?

Bryant was absent for Wednesday's film session because he had jury duty in Orange County. The Associated Press reported that attorneys agreed on a panel before Bryant's turn in the jury box came up.

Smash1

• Lil Geezy
  • Im A Pimp Around Texas
« Reply #7111 on: March 24, 2009, 03:54:53 PM »
lakers all day!

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7112 on: March 24, 2009, 09:25:12 PM »
So apparently Walton has asked PJ to take him out of the starting lineup, so Ariza is in.

LOL...Luke knows he sucks more than the coach does. :-X
Phil Jackson's so bored and thinking about retirement he doesn't give a fuck who he lets start anymore lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7113 on: March 27, 2009, 11:31:53 AM »
So apparently Walton has asked PJ to take him out of the starting lineup, so Ariza is in.

Phil Jackson's so bored and thinking about retirement he doesn't give a fuck who he lets start anymore lol

best believe Phil does give a fuck about getting that 'ship and surpassing Red. 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7114 on: March 30, 2009, 07:57:47 PM »
Lakers: Andrew Bynum Close

By: Eric Pincus   Last Updated: 3/30/09 4:12 PM ET

While the Los Angeles Lakers battle through their longest road trip of the season, back in Los Angeles injured center Andrew Bynum nears a return.

Bynum partially tore his right MCL on January 31st in Memphis against the Grizzlies.  The original timetable for recovery was said to be 8-12 weeks.

According to his website www.andrewbynum.com, Bynum has progressed to the point where he is "playing 2 on 2 and 3 on 3, while waiting on the team to return."

Following standard recovery protocols, Bynum's next step towards recovery would be to test himself in a 5 on 5 scrimmage . . . typically the final step before a player is back on the active roster.

The Lakers are scheduled to play the Charlotte Bobcats and Milwaukee Bucks on back-to-back nights on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Coach Phil Jackson wouldn't be likely to hold a full practice on Thursday.

The team's next home game is on Friday against the Houston Rockets, likely without Bynum.  If, however, he can get in a full practice on Saturday, April 4th . . . perhaps the Lakers will be able to get him on the court against the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday.

That assumes that Bynum's knee responds well to the increase in activity.  A delay might take him to April 9th against the Denver Nuggets or even as late as the Memphis Grizzlies on the 12th.

The Lakers were able to lock up the top seed in the Western Conference without him but are eager to wield a complete roster for the coming postseason.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=12100

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7115 on: March 30, 2009, 07:59:09 PM »
Injured Bynum parties with Hef

Ah, the treacherous road to recovery for the injured NBA athlete.

Andrew Bynum, who has missed more than 25 games this season with a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee, was spotted at a Playboy Mansion party over the weekend according to FanNation.

Bynum was seen picking up model Nicole Narain, jumping velvet ropes and dancing with Playmates on the dance floor while his Lakers were preparing to take on the Hawks in Atlanta. The Lakers' seven-footer was wearing a green smoking jacket and slippers for the pajamas and lingerie party which was taking place following the Playboy Golf Finals.

"He's running on the court, he's doing some basketball skills," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson told the LA Times back on March 27. "He has a considerable amount of time yet before he's going to be even at practice with us."

http://community.nesn.com/blogs/nesn_newswire/archive/2009/03/30/3792410.aspx

Lucky fuck.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7116 on: March 31, 2009, 10:45:33 AM »
Lakers: Andrew Bynum Close

By: Eric Pincus   Last Updated: 3/30/09 4:12 PM ET

While the Los Angeles Lakers battle through their longest road trip of the season, back in Los Angeles injured center Andrew Bynum nears a return.

Bynum partially tore his right MCL on January 31st in Memphis against the Grizzlies.  The original timetable for recovery was said to be 8-12 weeks.

According to his website www.andrewbynum.com, Bynum has progressed to the point where he is "playing 2 on 2 and 3 on 3, while waiting on the team to return."

Following standard recovery protocols, Bynum's next step towards recovery would be to test himself in a 5 on 5 scrimmage . . . typically the final step before a player is back on the active roster.

The Lakers are scheduled to play the Charlotte Bobcats and Milwaukee Bucks on back-to-back nights on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Coach Phil Jackson wouldn't be likely to hold a full practice on Thursday.

The team's next home game is on Friday against the Houston Rockets, likely without Bynum.  If, however, he can get in a full practice on Saturday, April 4th . . . perhaps the Lakers will be able to get him on the court against the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday.

That assumes that Bynum's knee responds well to the increase in activity.  A delay might take him to April 9th against the Denver Nuggets or even as late as the Memphis Grizzlies on the 12th.

The Lakers were able to lock up the top seed in the Western Conference without him but are eager to wield a complete roster for the coming postseason.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=12100

great news 8)

Mga223

• 'G'
« Reply #7117 on: March 31, 2009, 06:48:15 PM »
how did we lose to bobcats

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7118 on: April 01, 2009, 04:32:38 PM »
^Charlotte always beats us...it's like a curse or some shit. :-X

Mga223

• 'G'
« Reply #7119 on: April 01, 2009, 08:28:04 PM »
^Charlotte always beats us...it's like a curse or some shit. :-X

o yea i just remember haha them and boston are only teams we have a losing record to or something

wcsoldier

« Reply #7120 on: April 02, 2009, 12:07:01 AM »
I cant wait til the playoffs , this end of regular season is fucking  boring to me ... Phil needs to rest the starters now , the race for the league best record is obviously lost ... Fish, Kobe and especially Pau need to chill out , Pau has played 40+ min in every fucking game for 2 months , 44 and 42 min on back to back games  :-X... we need him in full effect for the playoffs ... play him like 30 min for the 8 remaining games , not more ..

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7121 on: April 02, 2009, 10:21:34 AM »

best believe Phil does give a fuck about getting that 'ship and surpassing Red. 8)
It's a cycle:
Starts off the season ok
Feels exhausted by the All-Star break
Won't comment on coaching next year
Goes home to Montana to relax
Comes back next year feeling better
and the cycle continues...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7122 on: April 04, 2009, 11:26:53 PM »
Injured Lakers center Andrew Bynum has a new, custom-made brace he plans to wear on his right knee once he is able to play again this season. Bynum worked out extensively before Friday night's game and proclaimed he is pain free from a medial collateral ligament tear suffered Jan. 31, against the Memphis Grizzlies.

Bynum is expected to add to his workload today when the Lakers practice in preparation for Sunday's game against the Clippers. The hope is that Bynum can return for at least two or three of the final regular-season games.

"That's the goal," Bynum said, "to come back as soon as possible and get some games under my belt."

With the Cleveland Cavaliers having lost two consecutive games, Jackson said the Lakers' goal of finishing the season with the league's best overall record remains attainable. With the regular season winding down, Jackson is making sure that recently acquired guard Shannon Brown is in the playing rotation. The hope is that Brown can provide defensive help in the playoffs.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lakers-game-jackson-2354602-season-bynum

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7123 on: April 06, 2009, 04:32:40 PM »
Phil: Bynum likely to start when he returns
6:25 PM Sun, Apr 05, 2009 | Permalink | Comments (0)
Posted by: Jeff Eisenberg

Instead of easing Andrew Bynum back into the rotation the way he suggested he would last month, Lakers coach Phil Jackson may throw his young center right back into the fray.

Jackson said Sunday he's now leaning toward immediately inserting Bynum into the starting lineup when he returns later this week so that his injured right knee will not get stiff from inactivity after pregame warmups.

A lack of stamina will likely limit Bynum to six- or seven-minute bursts, but Jackson insists the rest of his game is coming back quickly.

"He looks good," Jackson said. " He had contact on Thursday when we got back, and Saturday was 5-on-5 without Pau, Fish and Kobe. He did well, he stood out and he was aggressive. The other practice D.J.(Mbenga) kind of ate him up, but this one he was the dominant force in there."

Smash1

• Lil Geezy
  • Im A Pimp Around Texas
« Reply #7124 on: April 06, 2009, 06:11:22 PM »
;akers all day