Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288244 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7170 on: June 17, 2009, 03:56:06 PM »
Everyone's talking about how the front office is gonna have to make the decision between keeping Lamar or Trevor....I thought the Vlade trade was made to help this situation? What do you guys see happening
The Vlade and the Mihm trade were made to cut costs. The only question now is how much does Odom and Ariza want?

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #7171 on: June 17, 2009, 05:26:50 PM »
I think both guys want to stay in LA and the Lakers will try to keep them there, but I think teams will be ready to shell out a lot of money for Ariza. A guy with that kind of length who gets after it on D, can get in transition and knock 3's down is a valuable commodity in the league, especially given his age.
I got a bird's eye view

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7172 on: June 18, 2009, 04:45:25 PM »
I have a feeling were keepin both, dont trip

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7173 on: June 19, 2009, 03:55:16 PM »
Everyone's talking about how the front office is gonna have to make the decision between keeping Lamar or Trevor....I thought the Vlade trade was made to help this situation? What do you guys see happening
The Vlade and the Mihm trade were made to cut costs. The only question now is how much does Odom and Ariza want?

are those two getting rings?

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7174 on: June 19, 2009, 04:02:42 PM »

Odom and Ariza? Of course. Vlade and Mihm? Of course not.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7175 on: June 19, 2009, 04:04:25 PM »
Kobe on possibly opting out of deal: 'I ain't going nowhere'
June 19, 2009
CBSSports.com wire reports       

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Kobe Bryant says he plans to stay with the NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers rather than opt out of his contract this summer.

Bryant met with coach Phil Jackson and general manager Mitch Kupchak for an individual exit interview Friday.

The Finals MVP can terminate the last two years of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. H has spent his entire 13-year career with the Lakers, winning four NBA championships.

Bryant told reporters, "I know I ain't going nowhere, so it's just a waste of our breaths talking about it."

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7176 on: June 19, 2009, 04:07:48 PM »

yea i kno LO and trevor r gonna get rings but i read an article that the players are going to vote whether mihms and vlade are going to get rings

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7177 on: June 19, 2009, 04:08:13 PM »
Bynum to skip Team USA minicamp
By
Jeff Eisenberg
on June 18, 2009 8:36 PM | Comments (0)

Andrew Bynum said Thursday he will not participate in the U.S. National Team minicamp in July because he wants to rest and rehab his knee.

The purpose of the camp is to evaluate the 24 young players with the best chance of making Team USA's roster for the 2010 World Championships in Turkey.

Also, Sasha Vujacic will play for Slovenia at the European Championships this summer. Slovenia is in the same group as Spain, which means Vujacic would face good friend Pau Gasol assuming the Spaniard participates in the tournament.

http://blogs.pe.com/prosports/2009/06/bynum-to-skip-team-usa-minicam.html

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7178 on: June 19, 2009, 04:08:41 PM »

yea i kno LO and trevor r gonna get rings but i read an article that the players are going to vote whether mihms and vlade are going to get rings
Wow. I never knew they could do that.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7179 on: June 19, 2009, 04:17:41 PM »

yea i was suprised too, i think they should get rings, theyve stuck wit the team and put in work. if its really up to the players than im sure their going to get rings, lol but i kno what mbengas decision is about mihms

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7180 on: June 19, 2009, 04:32:50 PM »

yea i was suprised too, i think they should get rings, theyve stuck wit the team and put in work. if its really up to the players than im sure their going to get rings, lol but i kno what mbengas decision is about mihms
Vlad contributed by being traded for Shannon Brown. :laugh: I think Mihm should get one too.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7182 on: June 19, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7183 on: June 25, 2009, 03:38:43 PM »
Lakers expected to sell draft pick

10:00 PM PDT on Thursday, June 25, 2009

By JEFF EISENBERG
The Press-Enterprise

Hoping to better position themselves financially to re-sign unrestricted free agents Trevor Ariza and Lamar Odom, the Lakers have agreed to sell their first-round pick in tonight's NBA Draft to the New York Knicks.

In return for the 29th pick, the Lakers will receive New York's 2011 second-round draft pick and $3 million, according to multiple reports. A Lakers spokesman declined comment because the team will have to select a player for the Knicks before the deal can become official.

With $74 million already allocated to eight players next season and at least five others whom they intend to try to re-sign, the Lakers are searching for any means of decreasing next season's massive luxury-tax hit. The NBA's rookie pay scale mandates that the 29th pick would have made $830,000 next season and $893,000 in 2010-11, too much for a player unlikely to crack their rotation.

While the Lakers still hold the 42nd and 59th picks in the second round tonight, only first-round selections receive guaranteed contracts. Furthermore, there's a good chance that several of the international players they might have considered taking at No. 29 to stash away in Europe for a year or two might still be available at No. 42.

The trade is the latest in a series of cost-cutting moves designed to allow the Lakers to keep last year's team intact. They shed salary by dumping Vladimir Radmanovic and Chris Mihm in midseason trades and plan to limit their roster to the league-minimum 13 players next season.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7184 on: June 25, 2009, 04:01:06 PM »
^3 mill for a meaningless draft pick......sounds good to me. 8)