Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287468 times)

Sccit

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7245 on: October 05, 2009, 11:00:08 AM »
Long live The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread!!!! :raisetheroof:

fuck yeah....kain is a fag...nik needs to kill him.

i agree.

god you're a douche

you seriously came in this thread just to talk shit and ur callin someone else a douche?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7246 on: October 06, 2009, 01:03:37 AM »

fuck yeah....kain is a fag...nik needs to kill him.

i agree.

Hey Sccit  :wavey:

The only thing that I was annoyed with when Kain hacked NIK's account...  :-\

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7247 on: October 06, 2009, 04:59:37 PM »
Lakers' Derek Fisher is in prime shape to keep going

By Broderick Turner and Mike Bresnahan

October 6, 2009

Less than a month after the Lakers won the NBA championship, after he made two momentous three-point shots in Game 4 of the NBA Finals and after the parade down Figueroa and the celebration at the Coliseum, Derek Fisher was back at work in the gym.

He refused to rest on the team's accomplishment of winning the franchise's 15th title. Fisher wanted to get his body in the right shape to help the Lakers repeat and, equally important, to show that he is fit to play beyond this season.

Fisher, 35, in his 14th season and the final year of a contract that pays him $5 million, said he plans on playing beyond the 2009-10 NBA season.

"I'm definitely not shutting it down after this season," Fisher said after the Lakers' practice Monday.

He plays point guard, a position in which so many younger players are quick and looking to attack him. Fisher knows that teammates Jordan Farmar, 22, and Shannon Brown, 23, are looking to push him for the starting job.

Fisher is not ready to think about retirement.

"I don't see any reason why he can't play past this season," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said. "I know that we all think that we can get away with age, but age does have a tendency to level us out as we go along. But he's done such a great job of keeping his whole physique and his training together, it's awful hard to see any flaws in him right now."

Fisher said he spoke with Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak so he was aware of where Fisher stands.

"It was something that I . . . shared with Mitch just so he didn't have to guess because of certain planning that needs to be in place for him in terms of this organization," Fisher said. "At this point, I'm just concentrating on the things I need to do to lay out the type of performance individually and having it fit collectively to make sure we win the championship.

"Anything short of that, anybody and everybody starts trying to find reasons why we didn't. The first person they are going to point to is [the point guard]. I've accepted it and I'm relishing the opportunity to continue to prove that age is not some kind of automatic you've got a sticker on your forehead that says you can't play anymore."

Besides the training, Fisher had a hectic summer in which he wrote a book, "Character Driven: Life, Lessons and Basketball," and had his first basketball camp in Los Angeles.

He also has played for the Golden State Warriors and Utah Jazz, but Fisher hopes he can finish his career with the Lakers.

"I hated to see Emmitt Smith have to leave the Cowboys [and finish in Arizona]. So, yeah, I'd love to be here," Fisher said.

"I hope because of the results of our team success, I'm going to allow that to be my best resume builder, which is to hopefully lead our team to another championship, and that'll make things a lot easier I think for all parties involved."

Kobe contract talks

The regular season starts in three weeks. Will Kobe Bryant have a contract extension by then?

A source close to the discussions, who was not authorized to speak publicly, indicated there had been productive meetings recently and that both sides were hopeful a deal would be done before the Lakers open up against the Clippers on Oct. 27.

Bryant, 31, will make $23 million this season and $24.8 million next season, though he can opt out of his contract next July.

On top of the $47.8 million he could earn over the next two seasons, Bryant can sign a three-year extension worth another $86 million to $91 million, depending on NBA salary-cap figures to be determined in 2011.

A Lakers repeat?

According to a survey of NBA general managers, the Lakers are strongly favored to win the championship this season.

In the annual survey conducted by NBA.com, 60.7% thought the Lakers would win the title this season, while Boston and Cleveland each received 17.9% of the vote.

One of only two teams are expected to win the Western Conference, according to general managers who responded to the poll: 75.9% picked the Lakers and 24.1% chose San Antonio.

The race for most valuable player could be one-sided as well: Cleveland forward LeBron James received 69% of the vote, Bryant received 17.2% and Orlando center Dwight Howard had 6.9%.

The league polled all 30 general managers, though not all of them responded to every question.

Scrimmage notes

The Lakers' starters drilled the reserves in a Saturday night scrimmage that was closed to the media.

"They ran the table," Jackson said. "They were very anxious about beating up on the other guys."

The one surprise was that Andrew Bynum played on the second unit. Lamar Odom was with the starters, as was Bryant, Ron Artest, Pau Gasol and Fisher.

Jackson apparently feels more comfortable with a unit that was very effective in last season's playoffs, with the obvious substitution of Artest for Trevor Ariza.

Statistics were not kept, but Bryant played well, to no one's great surprise.

"He was motivated," Gasol said. "He was rested."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi6-2009oct06,0,3541388,full.story

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7248 on: October 07, 2009, 09:34:01 PM »
 8)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K2QpIfgUtcg&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K2QpIfgUtcg&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7249 on: October 08, 2009, 01:36:32 PM »
8)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K2QpIfgUtcg&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K2QpIfgUtcg&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

the whole team seems well oiled and ready for a  repeat. i love it how artest has good chemistry

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7250 on: October 14, 2009, 09:00:05 AM »
Tex Winter plans to attend Lakers' ring ceremony
The longtime consultant, who suffered a stroke in late April, wants to be there for the opening game against the Clippers on Oct. 27.
Tex Winter

Longtime Lakers consultant Tex Winter plans to attend the team's ring ceremony on opening night after spending most of the summer in an assisted-living apartment in Oregon recovering from a stroke in late April. (Perry C. Riddle / Los Angeles Times)

The Lakers are planning a big celebration for their ring ceremony on opening night, but one person's appearance might mean the most.

Longtime Lakers consultant Tex Winter is planning to attend.

Winter, 87, spent most of the summer in an assisted-living apartment in Oregon after suffering a stroke in late April while attending a basketball reunion in Manhattan, Kan.

The modern-day architect of the triangle offense has slowly been recovering, demonstrating good comprehension and an ability to say specific words, though he still has trouble formulating sentences.

The Lakers are hopeful he can make it to their Oct. 27 opener against the Clippers.

"Tex has been a vital part of our success over the last decade and is obviously a very important person to Phil Jackson," team spokesman John Black said. "It would mean a lot to us to have him present for the ceremony."

Jackson visited Winter in Oregon shortly after the Lakers won the championship in June.

Last season marked the 63rd year of earning a basketball-related paycheck for Winter, who played at Huntington Park High and USC before taking his first coaching job as an assistant at Kansas State after World War II.

Winter suffered the stroke while getting ready for a reunion at Kansas State, where he coached the men's basketball team that advanced to the NCAA Final Four in 1958.

There will be other Lakers at the ring ceremony, including a member from each of their previous nine championship teams in Los Angeles.

The former players are Jerry West (1972 team), Norm Nixon (1980), Jamaal Wilkes (1982), James Worthy (1985), Michael Cooper (1987), Magic Johnson (1988), A.C. Green (2000), Rick Fox (2001) and Robert Horry (2002).

"In tying it in to our 50th anniversary celebration in Los Angeles, which we'll be doing events throughout the year, we thought this would be a way of making this ring ceremony unique, special and different from other ring ceremonies," Black said.

73-9?

The Lakers went 65-17 last season with Andrew Bynum missing 32 games because of a knee injury. Can they come close to the Chicago Bulls' record-setting 72-10 season in 1995-96?

"I don't want the players to set that as a goal. That's not a goal," said Jackson, who also coached that Bulls team. "The goal is to go through the season in orderly fashion and build momentum to the end of the year."

Jackson has often said that a centrally located team such as Chicago has the best chance at regular-season success because of shorter flights than a team on the West or East coasts.

Regardless, the Lakers figure to get off to a good start with 17 of their first 21 games at home.

Etc.

Forward-center Pau Gasol sat out practice Tuesday because of a strained right hamstring. Forward Luke Walton sat out because of a sore back. Gasol said he hoped to play Thursday against Sacramento in an exhibition in Las Vegas. Walton's availability was unclear. . . . The Lakers ended practice with a scrimmage in front of about 200 season-ticket holders at the team training facility in El Segundo. Jackson's assessment? "Adam [Morrison]shot the ball really well. 'Drew [Bynum] obviously played hard and had some success. Shannon [Brown] had a few moments that ignited the crowd, as he will. Kobe [Bryant] was good out at practice today, entertained the folks."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi14-2009oct14,0,3153732.story

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7251 on: October 23, 2009, 12:40:28 PM »
can not wait for the season to start....everyone looks great.....lamar is still hot from 3 point land......mbenga with 7 blocks last night, and he did it against the nuggets starting front line + birdman comming off the bench.....it's going to be fun to destroy teams every night.

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7252 on: October 26, 2009, 09:49:40 PM »
Glad this thread is still alive and well!

OchoCinco

« Reply #7253 on: November 03, 2009, 07:41:10 PM »
lol refs are a fckin joke in this game.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7254 on: November 03, 2009, 07:44:03 PM »
Well the Lakers held a huge free throw advantage in the second half. I guess the refs decided to give it to the Thunder in OT. The Lakers are playing like shit, though.

OchoCinco

« Reply #7255 on: November 03, 2009, 07:49:36 PM »
Well the Lakers held a huge free throw advantage in the second half. I guess the refs decided to give it to the Thunder in OT. The Lakers are playing like shit, though.

yea but damn some of those calls were wacky, we played like shit exactly but ref need to step up. They called this game sloppy as fuck

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

Sccit

« Reply #7257 on: November 04, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »
Artest>Ariza

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7258 on: November 05, 2009, 06:36:26 AM »
Bitches love the Lakers.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/11/lakers-sasha-vujacic-maria-sharapova-dating.html

how that loser get a girl like that.. shit I know someone who wears a Laker jersey everyday and can't pull no hot girls....

:wavey:

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7259 on: November 05, 2009, 05:01:31 PM »
Bitches love the Lakers.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/11/lakers-sasha-vujacic-maria-sharapova-dating.html

how that loser get a girl like that.. shit I know someone who wears a Laker jersey everyday and can't pull no hot girls....

:wavey:

shit i mean, that nigga aint no chris kaman thats for sure

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.