Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287911 times)

Sccit

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7290 on: January 13, 2010, 12:11:27 PM »
^Farmar's actually been playing pretty well..yea, he takes some ill-advised shots, but he has been playing better than Fisher...in fact, I agree with Looney on the fact that Farmar should start over Fisher. Our main problem with the bench is that once one of our starters go down (ie: Artest, Gasol), it forces Odom to start, and Odom is the leader of our second unit. Forcing Odom into that starting line-up really has our bench looking lost. Thats not to say they aren't good players, cuz the only player i truly believe is whack on our team is Sasha. He gets nervous when he dribbles, commits incredibly dumb fouls, and has no decision making skill whatsoever. Morrison, in my eyes, is way ahead of Sasha. Sasha's real strength is shooting and hes been brickin way too many good looks this year to be considered a true threat from outside...i think we should bench him and only play Morrison and Shannon off the bench at the two spot.

This is what our rotation SHOULD look like (when healthy):

PG Jordan Farmar...Derek Fisher
SG Kobe Bryant...Shannon Brown/Sasha Vujacic
SF Ron Artest...Luke Walton/Adam Morrison
PF Pau Gasol...Lamar Odom/Josh Powell
C Andrew Bynum...DJ Mbenga

thats a VERY potent bench

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7291 on: January 13, 2010, 12:37:14 PM »
^Farmar's actually been playing pretty well..yea, he takes some ill-advised shots, but he has been playing better than Fisher...in fact, I agree with Looney on the fact that Farmar should start over Fisher. Our main problem with the bench is that once one of our starters go down (ie: Artest, Gasol), it forces Odom to start, and Odom is the leader of our second unit. Forcing Odom into that starting line-up really has our bench looking lost. Thats not to say they aren't good players, cuz the only player i truly believe is whack on our team is Sasha. He gets nervous when he dribbles, commits incredibly dumb fouls, and has no decision making skill whatsoever. Morrison, in my eyes, is way ahead of Sasha. Sasha's real strength is shooting and hes been brickin way too many good looks this year to be considered a true threat from outside...i think we should bench him and only play Morrison and Shannon off the bench at the two spot.

This is what our rotation SHOULD look like (when healthy):

PG Jordan Farmar...Derek Fisher
SG Kobe Bryant...Shannon Brown/Sasha Vujacic
SF Ron Artest...Luke Walton/Adam Morrison
PF Pau Gasol...Lamar Odom/Josh Powell
C Andrew Bynum...DJ Mbenga

thats a VERY potent bench

yea fish coming off the bench would calm things down. our bench without odom is like a bunch of 14 yr old kids runnin n gunnin to the basket. i think itll be nice to have 2 vets coming out the bench.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #7292 on: January 13, 2010, 10:46:23 PM »
the thing about LO is he's playing MUCH better with the starting unit ... and the Lakers as a team are much better with a the combo of Pau/LO than with Pau/Drew aswell

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7293 on: January 14, 2010, 01:33:21 PM »
the thing about LO is he's playing MUCH better with the starting unit ... and the Lakers as a team are much better with a the combo of Pau/LO than with Pau/Drew aswell

of course LO is more deserving to be a starter, but thats PJ's strategy kinda like having jason terry coming off the bench. it gives the bench more talent.

but than it doesnt work, the bench is on n off and how many times have we seen the bench blow leads?

Starters:

C - Gasol
PF - Odom
SF - Artest
SG - Kobe
PG - Farmar

Bench:

C - Bynum
PF - Powell
SF - Walton
SG - Brown
PG - Fisher

but im not complaining about pjs line ups, i mean all of our losses are without pau. so the starting line up or a pau/drew is just fine, i mean the obvious decline of stats when the whoel team is healthy is inevitable

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7294 on: January 14, 2010, 01:35:06 PM »
Once again...
Looks like Gasol will play tomorrow. 8)

Sccit

« Reply #7295 on: January 18, 2010, 04:36:17 PM »
LO is so whack off the bench, he should just start at PG in place of Fisher

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7296 on: January 18, 2010, 06:36:16 PM »

what If aaron Brooks is on the floor, there's gonna be match up problems assuming lobes guarding him, he's to quick but than again fisher doesn't do any better

Sccit

« Reply #7297 on: January 18, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »

what If aaron Brooks is on the floor, there's gonna be match up problems assuming lobes guarding him, he's to quick but than again fisher doesn't do any better

exactly

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7298 on: January 28, 2010, 03:35:31 AM »
next year i think this line up and bench can be possible

C - Bynum\Shaq\Mbenga
PF - Gasol\Odom\Powell
SF - Artest\McGrady\Walton
SG - Kobe\Brown\Vujacic
PG - Fisher\Farmar\Vujacic

Shaq and mc grady sign up for the vets min for a ring run that would be sick, our bench would get a major upgrade and vets min doesnt count up to the salary cap.

if it were to happen id assume theyd drop mbenga or powell and

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7299 on: January 29, 2010, 01:12:13 PM »
next year i think this line up and bench can be possible

C - Bynum\Shaq\Mbenga
PF - Gasol\Odom\Powell
SF - Artest\McGrady\Walton
SG - Kobe\Brown\Vujacic

Shaq and mc grady sign up for the vets min for a ring run that would be sick, our bench would get a major upgrade and vets min doesnt count up to the salary cap.

if it were to happen id assume theyd drop mbenga or powell and

intead of mcgrady, think of if we had ariza on our bench still, and kept the og bench mob (with out vladi)

C - Bynum\Shaq\Mbenga
PF - Gasol\Odom\Powell
SF - Artest\Ariza\Walton
SG- Kobe\Brown\Vujacic

sprite

« Reply #7300 on: January 31, 2010, 05:26:36 PM »
Bench Mob?   are you a retard or something?

our bench fucking sucks besides Odom

anyone who watches the Lakers knows we smash on teams and then the 2nd unit (the bench) comes in and gets pushed around

therefore the momentum always shifts when Walton, Farmar, lame ass Sasha etc. come in

they only play good in blowouts

and yea... the Lakers are gonna get Shaq next year.... do you even watch basketball?  you sound like an idiot

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7301 on: February 01, 2010, 01:36:40 PM »
Bench Mob?   are you a retard or something?

our bench fucking sucks besides Odom

anyone who watches the Lakers knows we smash on teams and then the 2nd unit (the bench) comes in and gets pushed around

therefore the momentum always shifts when Walton, Farmar, lame ass Sasha etc. come in

they only play good in blowouts

and yea... the Lakers are gonna get Shaq next year.... do you even watch basketball?  you sound like an idiot

lol your a moron, shaq coming next year to retire is just a fantasy of mine lol obviously. hes more than a good back up C, yes our bench has been sucking for the past 2 seaons but before that (the year we lost to the celtics) we had the best bench in the league, obviously we lost depth and didnt come back from it.

since we lost vlad the rad our 3 point shooting from the bench has been horrible. he was one of the best shooters on hte team but sasha was supposed to fill that vlads role but than his effeiciey dropped like crazy since he left.

i wasnt a vlad fan when he was on the team but i kinda missed his 3 pointers when i constantly see the bench fucking up. the "bench mob" was dope beacause we had an amazing offense for the 2007-08 year. although we didnt win.

DO you watch games? sasha been fine this season, hes not doing much but he aint fucking up, and hes hustling now since he dont get PT, but i havnt liked browns shot selection these days. walton to me isnt a second string forward, hes a 3rd string imo.

the bench has been constantly ineffective but its getting better atleast. we just need a solid big man or wingman for the bench and i think we're good.

thats y i think shaq would be perfect for the bench mob, having him n fish on the 2nd unit would be dope (assumign fish would be willing to be benched) when the bench cant hit peremiter shots they need a big man to finish in the paint, they dont have that in our 2nd unit.

we have odom but hes more of a point-forward, and gasol and bynum are starters although they  play with the bench for obvious reasons.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7302 on: February 06, 2010, 01:04:48 AM »
Horrible 2nd half, besides Kobe where's our player that's retaliating from beond the arc

hats off to billups and smith

thisoneguy360

« Reply #7303 on: February 06, 2010, 01:10:49 PM »
I don't get why Bynum isn't playing more..it seems like everything falls apart when he comes out and Odom in.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7304 on: February 06, 2010, 02:45:14 PM »
I don't get why Bynum isn't playing more..it seems like everything falls apart when he comes out and Odom in.

PJ takes him out basically when he fucks up. when bynum fucked up last game, when he didnt help out after birdman beat gasol off the dribble, as soon as mark jackson said "bynum should of helped, he messed up, missed his assignment" PJ took his ass right out.

if u see bynum play, he plays lazy and without heart. bynum is a known for being a big that doesnt chase down rebounds. mark jacksons pretty on point when he talked bout how gasol and bynum wanted mor touches, u NEED TO CHASE DOWN THE BALL, GET REBOUNDS (im sure its mainly directed towards bynum)

because man i dont know how many times drew just looks at the ball and waits for the opposing team's guards to pick it up.

but yea, if hes on fire, i dont think we should pull him out, but than again hes a center, its his JOB to make everything and have a high FG percentage so in that case HE always has to be on fire.