Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287435 times)

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7380 on: May 18, 2010, 09:22:22 AM »
do i smell a sweep? 

i think at max, phoenix will win 1 game

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7381 on: May 19, 2010, 09:54:30 PM »
do i smell a sweep? 

i think at max, phoenix will win 1 game

I think the Suns need to win game 3 to make themselves look respectable. If not, I'd make a change in Phoenix.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7382 on: May 20, 2010, 11:33:14 AM »
winning game 3 at home is pretty easy when you lost the first 2 by a shitload of points. the refs gon help you out
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7383 on: May 20, 2010, 11:44:41 AM »
winning game 3 at home is pretty easy when you lost the first 2 by a shitload of points. the refs gon help you out

i doubt thats gonna help. i think lakers would wanna sweep and rest kobe and bynums knee assuming orlandos gonna win a  game or two

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #7384 on: May 22, 2010, 01:50:25 AM »
Suns need to get some stops ( most likely hope Lakers miss lol) to have a chance ... when you go 49% from the field and 41% from 3 pts and the game is out of reach midway through the 4th Q , you seriously need to question your (lack of)  D ...

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #7385 on: May 22, 2010, 03:25:24 PM »
I think the Suns win 1...but thats it. The problems they are having with the Lakers arent the kind of problems you can make a ton of adjustments on. You cant get bigger. Im thinkin the Suns come out in game 3 on fire. The key for them tho, is to defend like they did in the SA series. The danger for them...is if they come out shooting like 60% from the field in the first half of game 3...and dont have a big lead. They will lose the game if that happens.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7386 on: May 23, 2010, 08:04:17 PM »
Lakers prolly an L today. Not that it's a big deal.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7387 on: May 23, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »
Kobe is a man possessed. LMAO @ getting your knee drained over the weekend then putting up 40 on Monday. Just ridiculous.
he wont have this kind of luck vs the Celtics :D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #7388 on: May 23, 2010, 09:01:57 PM »
yeah because Ray Allen is going to lock him up  :laugh:

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7389 on: May 23, 2010, 10:17:54 PM »
yeah because Ray Allen is going to lock him up  :laugh:

just remember the last time we faced off in the finals
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7390 on: May 23, 2010, 11:02:44 PM »
Jackson considers sitting Bynum
EmailPrintComments
By Dave McMenamin
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive
PHOENIX -- Andrew Bynum played his worst game of the playoffs since suffering a slight tear of the meniscus in his right knee in Game 6 of the Los Angeles Lakers first-round series against the Oklahoma City Thunder and the performance left Lakers coach Phil Jackson wondering if he was going to use his young center moving forward.

IT'S L.A., AND IT'S LIVE
 For more about the Lakers, plus coverage of the complete Los Angeles sports scene, visit ESPNLosAngeles.com. »

Bynum had two points, two rebounds and four fouls in just seven and a half minutes in the Lakers 118-109 loss to the Phoenix Suns in Game 3 of the Western Conference finals Sunday.

"I'll talk to him to see what his suggestion is about it and how he feels about it," Jackson said. "I think he was ineffective. There were some things that got by him. He had one nice move in the post. Defensively I thought he was a little bit late."

Bynum concurred with Jackson's assessment of his play on Sunday.

"I was ineffective, that's obvious," Bynum said after Suns forward Amare Stoudemire attacked Bynum and the rest of the Lakers frontline to the tune of 42 points, 11 rebounds and 18 foul-shot attempts, racking up fouls on the L.A. big men.

But the 7-foot, 285-pound Bynum did not agree with Jackson's potential plan to have him sit out.

"That's not going to do anything," said Bynum who had three full days of rest between Game 2 and 3, using the time for off-court therapy rather than on-court practice.

"The surgery is going to do something," Bynum added, who decided to push off any surgical procedure on the knee until the offseason.

Bynum was not threatened by Jackson's consideration.

"I don't believe that's going to happen," Bynum said. "That's probably more so to motivate me and try to get me to play.

"[My knee is] alright. I'm doing OK. I'm dealing with it so I can play basketball ... I got to be out here. I got to go play."

Dave McMenamin covers the Lakers for ESPNLosAngeles.com.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7391 on: May 23, 2010, 11:11:36 PM »
^Phil's playing mind games with Bynum to get him motivated.

westsiderider323

« Reply #7392 on: May 24, 2010, 12:55:53 PM »
lakers losin game 3 is nbd they pretty much have this on lock and prolly already makin their scouting reports on boston

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7393 on: May 24, 2010, 09:44:51 PM »
lakers losin game 3 is nbd they pretty much have this on lock and prolly already makin their scouting reports on boston

most likely they'll win

but if phoenix somehow wins game 4 then that series can go either way

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7394 on: May 25, 2010, 05:42:35 PM »
tonights game is pretty big. I mean, I think we're all assuming Lakers will win comfortable in this series and thats probably true but if the Suns DO win tonight then its game on.

Nash's injury might affect his play tonight though. Didnt he break his nose or something in the last game? They said he'll still play but i guess he might be banged up pretty bad.