Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288185 times)

Sccit

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7410 on: May 30, 2010, 09:05:09 PM »
Morally, this kind of was a loss for the Lakers. At home, only beating the fucking Suns cause of a lucky buzzer beater of Artest after Kobe fuckings AIRBALLS this shit.  :laugh:

LOL...anything to make you feel better about the Lakers being where the Mavs wish to be, eh?

Why are you being such a hypocrite.. Back when the Lakers sucked it was your greatest pleasure to post pics of Shaq being blocked by Ben Wallace.

Not even close...and even if, my dislike for Shaq was because he dissed the Laker organization, after he turned his back on us. Lakers can give a shit less about the Mavs, so where does your hate manifest?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7411 on: May 31, 2010, 07:01:16 AM »
Morally, this kind of was a loss for the Lakers. At home, only beating the fucking Suns cause of a lucky buzzer beater of Artest after Kobe fuckings AIRBALLS this shit.  :laugh:

LOL...anything to make you feel better about the Lakers being where the Mavs wish to be, eh?

Why are you being such a hypocrite.. Back when the Lakers sucked it was your greatest pleasure to post pics of Shaq being blocked by Ben Wallace.

Not even close...and even if, my dislike for Shaq was because he dissed the Laker organization, after he turned his back on us. Lakers can give a shit less about the Mavs, so where does your hate manifest?

You were the same about the Suns. You had like literally 300 posts about Mike D'Antoni's system not being real basketball, Nash being the most overrated player in the league and the Suns never, not in a million years winning a championship. Neither Nash nor anyone on the Suns ever said something about the Lakers, except the usual trash talk you do during a playoff series.

And I'm not even "hating" that bad on the Lakers. You guys are just a tad bit too sensitive. I say Fisher will look old in the Finals and that other nigga I've never talked to before calls me a hater and gets on with a story about how hurt he is cause people in his real life are hating on the Lakers.

But if you wanna know why I don't like the Lakers, it's just that y'all are some spoiled ass niggas and I don't like a league that is constantly dominated by the same teams. You guys had Wilt, Jabbar, Magic, Kobe and Shaq. What the fuck? Shaq just signed with you niggas. Just like that. Even Kobe did, you niggas didn't draft him. He just forced his way to LA, just like that. Then you had one of the most dominating teams of all time in 2001. Then you had massive ref help in 2002. Then in 2004 you got help again by the refs counting that 0.4 shot, even though "hero Fisher" has not gotten in off in time. You still had a dominant team in 2004 that was vastly favored to stomp on the Pistons, only that the players were so spoiled and diva-ish that they couldn't beat a true non-superstar team. Now that Kobe and Shaq were both too dumb and spoiled to know how great it is to have each other, they basically told the Lakers one of them has to go. Either an aging Shaq for something in return or a young Kobe for nothing in return. Of course Shaq was the one to go. After that, for not even 3 years, he goes on crying because the Lakers don't win titles anymore. And BAM you get Gasol for Kwame in a criminal trade and contend and win a title again. What's there not to hate about this, unless you're a Laker-Fan?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #7412 on: May 31, 2010, 10:45:54 AM »

You were the same about the Suns. You had like literally 300 posts about Mike D'Antoni's system not being real basketball, Nash being the most overrated player in the league and the Suns never, not in a million years winning a championship. Neither Nash nor anyone on the Suns ever said something about the Lakers, except the usual trash talk you do during a playoff series.

And I'm not even "hating" that bad on the Lakers. You guys are just a tad bit too sensitive. I say Fisher will look old in the Finals and that other nigga I've never talked to before calls me a hater and gets on with a story about how hurt he is cause people in his real life are hating on the Lakers.

But if you wanna know why I don't like the Lakers, it's just that y'all are some spoiled ass niggas and I don't like a league that is constantly dominated by the same teams. You guys had Wilt, Jabbar, Magic, Kobe and Shaq. What the fuck? Shaq just signed with you niggas. Just like that. Even Kobe did, you niggas didn't draft him. He just forced his way to LA, just like that. Then you had one of the most dominating teams of all time in 2001. Then you had massive ref help in 2002. Then in 2004 you got help again by the refs counting that 0.4 shot, even though "hero Fisher" has not gotten in off in time. You still had a dominant team in 2004 that was vastly favored to stomp on the Pistons, only that the players were so spoiled and diva-ish that they couldn't beat a true non-superstar team. Now that Kobe and Shaq were both too dumb and spoiled to know how great it is to have each other, they basically told the Lakers one of them has to go. Either an aging Shaq for something in return or a young Kobe for nothing in return. Of course Shaq was the one to go. After that, for not even 3 years, he goes on crying because the Lakers don't win titles anymore. And BAM you get Gasol for Kwame in a criminal trade and contend and win a title again. What's there not to hate about this, unless you're a Laker-Fan?

What are you talking about it...there was hella bad blood between the Suns and Lakers. You don't remember the Raja Bell clothesline on Kobe? and you're right, I didn't want the Suns to win, because the system IS bad for real basketball...but still, nothing compared to your Laker obsession...Fact of the matter is, the Lakers are a great organization, and greatness follows great organizations...that's the way it's been and that's the way it always will be. But yea, you're right about Laker fans being spoiled with untouchable dynasties 8)

Sccit

« Reply #7413 on: June 02, 2010, 04:08:54 PM »
Lakers expected to sell draft pick

10:00 PM PDT on Thursday, June 25, 2009

By JEFF EISENBERG
The Press-Enterprise

Hoping to better position themselves financially to re-sign unrestricted free agents Trevor Ariza and Lamar Odom, the Lakers have agreed to sell their first-round pick in tonight's NBA Draft to the New York Knicks.

In return for the 29th pick, the Lakers will receive New York's 2011 second-round draft pick and $3 million, according to multiple reports. A Lakers spokesman declined comment because the team will have to select a player for the Knicks before the deal can become official.

With $74 million already allocated to eight players next season and at least five others whom they intend to try to re-sign, the Lakers are searching for any means of decreasing next season's massive luxury-tax hit. The NBA's rookie pay scale mandates that the 29th pick would have made $830,000 next season and $893,000 in 2010-11, too much for a player unlikely to crack their rotation.

While the Lakers still hold the 42nd and 59th picks in the second round tonight, only first-round selections receive guaranteed contracts. Furthermore, there's a good chance that several of the international players they might have considered taking at No. 29 to stash away in Europe for a year or two might still be available at No. 42.

The trade is the latest in a series of cost-cutting moves designed to allow the Lakers to keep last year's team intact. They shed salary by dumping Vladimir Radmanovic and Chris Mihm in midseason trades and plan to limit their roster to the league-minimum 13 players next season.

this pick turned out to be Toney Douglas...wish we woulda kept him :-\

teecee

« Reply #7414 on: June 06, 2010, 07:22:55 PM »
Bynum looking good tonight...

Allen killing it...

Refs....killing the game with all these foul calls.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7415 on: June 06, 2010, 07:33:28 PM »
KG is shamefully awful.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

teecee

« Reply #7416 on: June 06, 2010, 07:58:52 PM »
KG is shamefully awful.

He shot horribly today, but I thought he still had an impact on the game

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7417 on: June 06, 2010, 08:36:38 PM »
if lakers lose the series, im gonna end my life.

ima hold u 2 it

jk i dont wish that on anyone
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7418 on: June 17, 2010, 01:06:15 PM »
FUCK CELTICS

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7419 on: June 17, 2010, 09:00:11 PM »
FUCK CELTICS

co-sign. Larry, they needed you tonight.

westsiderider323

« Reply #7420 on: June 20, 2010, 09:46:40 PM »
so whats gon happen this offseason? any thoughts?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7421 on: June 20, 2010, 11:24:51 PM »
so whats gon happen this offseason? any thoughts?

farmar and brown might leave but i dont think both would leave, ammos gone, powell too, i say keep mbenga for practice purposes (hes a great defensive player always atleast gettin 1 or 2 block shots whenever hes in the game), but we need a solid shooting point guard that can play some fucking D for once.

atleast we'll get 5 mil off ammos contract, but goddamn sashas and lukes contracts r fucking ridiculous. i mean we COULD of gotten jamal crawford last off season if it wasnt for these overpaid fucks. i dont undermine what they contribute but their contracts make me hate them with a passion.

i really wouldnt mind lakers signing tmac for the vets min to be that solid back up 3 and itll really give kobe some rest slow the mileage down on his knees.

fisher should come back, sign the vets min and come off the bench playing solid minutes against whoever we get in the offseason, but knowing PJ he aint gonna bench fish.

but what i really want next season is healthy bynum all season and post season long. hes had bursts of crazy games but never a full year.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7422 on: June 24, 2010, 10:07:49 AM »
Next Years Roster:

C - Bynum/Shaq (Vets Min) or Keep Mbenga (i believe hes there for practice purposes)
PF - Gasol/Odom
SF - Artest/McGrady (Vets Min)
SG - Kobe/Sasha/Brown
PG - Mo Williams/Fisher (Vets Min)

gettin mcgrady and shaq would make us older, but for vets min who can complain, i think mo williams would be a perfect fit for the lakers, a  knock down shooting point guard is what we need and he's it.

i also wouldnt mind getting a more explosive SF to back up the older artest n mcgrady, but fucking lukes contract is ridiculous.

westsiderider323

« Reply #7423 on: June 24, 2010, 10:14:26 AM »
Next Years Roster:

C - Bynum/Shaq (Vets Min) or Keep Mbenga (i believe hes there for practice purposes)
PF - Gasol/Odom
SG - Kobe/Sasha/Brown

gettin mcgrady and shaq would make us older, but for vets min who can complain, i think mo williams would be a perfect fit for the lakers, a  knock down shooting point guard is what we need and he's it.

i also wouldnt mind getting a more explosive SF to back up the older artest n mcgrady, but fucking lukes contract is ridiculous.

phil might not come back he's sayin he's leanin towards retiring so who knows?
it would be pretty dope if we can get t-mac but you think he'll be willing to come off the bench??
mo williams...that's pretty interesting too i say yea he's perfect knockin down those shots i wouldnt get rid of brown tho and i think farmar is out

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7424 on: June 24, 2010, 10:22:42 AM »
Next Years Roster:

PF - Gasol/Odom
SG - Kobe/Sasha/Brown

phil might not come back he's sayin he's leanin towards retiring so who knows?
it would be pretty dope if we can get t-mac but you think he'll be willing to come off the bench??
mo williams...that's pretty interesting too i say yea he's perfect knockin down those shots i wouldnt get rid of brown tho and i think farmar is out

yea t-macs been saying he doesnt want money, and hes willing to come off the bench for a contender, i doubt hes gonna bust an AI cuz if he does aint nobody gonna sign his ass. onlything worrying me is his knee but im sure hes gonna play spot up minutes till we know 100% sure its fine.

yea if phil doesnt come back its gonna be worrysome.  yea i kept brown^ as my SG cuz he cant make plays for shit.

but yea i think mo  williams is a perfect fit as we dont need a traditional point guard